|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
She is a Atavist vampire with the unique skill to regenerate her body. She was imprisoned in the abyss after her uncle and vassals betrayed her and sealed her away but later revealed the truth as they were protecting her from Ehit because of her monstrous level of magic and regeneration. She is Hajime's main lover and first wife after freeing her.
Despite of her over 300 years old, Yue is a vampire with a porcelain-like complexion, red eyes, and a child-like figure due to her immortality. After being freed from Ehit control, Yue can change her body's maturity at will, going between from a teenage to an adult. Yue usually wears a stoic expression but always shows a smile towards Hajime.
Yue's adventure outfit consists of a frilly white dress shirt as well as a black frilly mini skirt. She wears a white coat with blue lining as well as a short pair of boots and knee-high socks.
Everything I hold dear was given to me by Hajime. If he hadn’t freed me that day, I would likely still be trapped in the dark depths of the abyss. He gave me a reason to live. Thanks to him, I met my best friend, a member of the race I admire so much, and a friend I can be myself around. I’m sure that from here on out, I’ll keep receiving things from Hajime, which is why I want Hajime to find things important to him as well. Whether they be people, objects, or something else entirely. Once this journey is over, I want to see Hajime smiling in the sunlight, surrounded by tons of people he treasures.
Yue's personality is greatly affected by Hajime. Yue always priorities the safety or happiness of Hajime above even her own. She is a pervert as she bites Hajime and suck his blood and had no problem of seducing him while they were bathing and sleeping while she was naked. She is quickly annoyed by any other men who would try to flirt with her or insults Hajime in any way and looked down on them as well as cruel toward them as she viewed them all to be worthless and stupid men such as David and Kouki, but this can also be applied to females who try to seduce Hajime as shown in her diary entries concerning Shea, Tio, Kaori, Shizuku Yaegashi and Remia. However, she is willing to fight fairly for Hajime's affections against women who she believes earnestly love Hajime as seen with her initial relationship with Shea and later Kaori. Yue is especially resentful to anyone who hurts Hajime in any way and with not be satisfied until they have either greatly suffered or died. This is shown when she goes after Freid Bagwa during the attack on the Kingdom for nearly killing Hajime during their first encounter.
Outside of her extreme loyalty and love for Hajime, Yue has abandonment issues or fear of abandonment caused by her past. This is shown during her time in the Schnee Frost Caverns, where the traps in the labyrinth manifest her insecurities. Those insecurities extend to her being unable to remain at Hajime and her friends side as she worries that her past will come back to haunt her, which caused her to entrust Hajime to Shea should something happen to her.
Being a former Queen, Yue still carries the air of someone who stands above others, giving off a regal and majestic air around herself. Combined with her breathtaking beauty and awe-inspiring magic, many find themselves easily drawn towards her and wouldn't mind serving her. Stemming from this, Yue doesn't hesitate to enforce her will on others without caring about what they think or say, not even giving them the option to say anything but what she wants to hear, something Hajime experiences many times. When someone does defies her orders or annoys her, Yue doesn't hesitate to punish them in the cruelest possible manner (usually smashing the balls of men).
As someone who resided in the same era as the dragonmen, Yue held a deep respect for them until she meets Tio. However, she still carries that respect for proper dragonmen as seen whenever Tio acts like her refined and noble self, which causes Yue to become amazed.
Yue is very lustful and seductive when it comes to Hajime and is proud of it, not even trying to hide what she's done with him and would actually boast about it in front of others (much to Hajime's embarrassment). She enjoys using any opportunity to flirt with him, drink his blood or have sex with him, much to the other girls annoyance and dismay. Yue is even known to attack Hajime sexually when they're alone. As found out in her diary, these desires border on addiction and she can't stand going long periods of time without having Hajime. Hypocritically, Yue has called Kaori a pervert for small reasons when she herself is far more perverted than Kaori. Yue is willing to admit this, if only to further rub her relationship in Kaori's face.
Despite her advanced age and maturity, Yue is very childish and is shown to lack a great deal of common sense. Usually, she comes off as an attention seeker when it comes to Hajime, as she's always looking for praise from him and can't stand when he leaves her out of a conversation. She enjoys acting smug, which makes her a sore loser to the point of being too serious about the smallest things. During her first Valentine's Day since arriving on Earth, Yue is shown to have developed a slight inferiority complex when it comes to beating Myu in terms of her homemade chocolates. As well, even though she's proud of her looks, she can't stand having her child-like figure mocked or her age pointed out. She's also very irresponsible and dislikes being lectured about what she's done wrong, usually trying to avoid the subject. Her childishness is more noticeable when it comes to her love rival Kaori; she often shown pulls inappropriate pranks on Kaori, boasting about what she's done with Hajime in front of her and getting into small fights with her. After moving to Earth, Yue has become mentally more childish to point where she's become a NEET, something she only realized when she noticed that she was the only member of the Nagumo family that wasn't constantly busy. Even when she tried to find work, she couldn't hold onto them for long for different reasons.
Yue is a extremely ruthless and sadistic woman and has never shy away from killing her enemies as she considered to be a yandere. She has never felt any hesitation or guilt in killing or torture others as she mostly brutalized men, justifying it's the other's side fault for getting killed or tortured. Unlike with Shea, Yue's ruthlessness wasn't influenced by Hajime, as even before her imprisonment she would wipe out invading army's herself. She has also proven to be extremely cruel unleashing agonies when she smashed the balls of many men who are annoying her to the point of being called the Legendary Smasher. Hajime considers Yue to be even more cruel than him in some cases.
Being a magical prodigy, Yue carries a great deal of pride in her magic. She would uses magic in almost everything she does and doesn't mind using Age of Gods magic in pulling her pranks on Kaori.
Weapons & Equipment
- Divinity Stone Accessories - A necklace, ring and a pair of earrings that were made by Hajime to act as a form of battery-like magic container to help Yue fight more efficiently.
- Mini-Treasure Trove - Created by Hajime using spatial magic and is a smaller version of his Treasure Trove. It has the size around a house’s storage.
- Treasure Trove - is a ring-shaped artifact that had small one centimeter ruby set in its center. The ruby was actually an artificially created dimensional space where things could be stored.
- Water Canteens - Four water canteens with two on her shoulder and one on each side of her waist. They can shoot out powerful streams of water. Yue uses these during her time in Miledi Reisen's labyrinth due to its ability to drain a being's mana.
- Smartphone - A hybrid smartphone that combines modern technology with crystal display made in another world. It can contact other worlds, fire lasers of concentrated super small sunlight with the thickness of a needle, and it also continuously takes the vital data of the owner, and in the case the owner’s vital entered critical stage because of some abnormality, the smartphone automatically opens a small gate, firing the light of the satellite type resurrection magic artifact operating outside the earth’s atmosphere, Bel Agarta.
Powers & Abilities
- Enhanced Physical Abilities - As a magical prodigy, Yue has little close combat abilities, but she is physically stronger than the average human.
- Genius Intellect - Along with being a magical prodigy, Yue also possess a genius mind. From a young age, she easily learned everything she was taught and has displayed great knowledge on many topics.
- Immortality - Unlike her fellow vampires, Yue possessed immortality due to her "Automatic Regeration" which has halted her natural aging process, rendering her appearance that of her 12-year old self, despite her being over 300 years old. However, Yue can be killed if she runs out mana.
- Immense Mana - Yue possesses extraordinary levels of mana, capable of chanting powerful, large scale spells. Her reserves had grown with every labyrinths she completed with Hajime. After the defeat of Ehit, she has gained all of the capabilities of the Evil God and has surpassed him in the time after arriving on Earth. Her magic power has become strong enough that she can even use magic deep within the Great Reisen Labyrinth, a place where using magic becomes near impossible to use (thus it still drains her mana reserves nonetheless).
- Magic Master - Yue is a prodigy and a genius in magic from a young age, being perhaps the most powerful mage in the series. She can make full uses of countless different types of magic from simple ones to master class. Furthermore, she can control them flawlessly and even merge preexisting spells together with the Ancient Magic she learns from completing the Great Labyrinths. Tio, a powerful Dragonmen who is both older and more experience than Yue has openly acknowledged Yue's skills in magic are greater than her own, which is more impressive by the fact that Yue was locked away for 300 years, being unable to do anything during that time. Before being sealed away, Yue was powerful enough to easily wipe out a whole army by herself as she was acknowledged as the strongest vampire in Avatarl besides her uncle. After the defeat of Ehit, Yue's magical abilities have reached divine levels, even being capable of traveling across worlds on her own if she needs to.
- Automatic Regeneration - Yue's signature skill which manifested at the age of 12. It automatically regenerates any injuries or lost body part, but also prevents her aging and dying. If she has mana remaining, she will not die unless she is instantly disintegrated. Conversely, any injuries she suffered while her mana is depleted would not readily heal.
- Pain Dampener - A skill that numbs all pain.
- Regeneration Control - Yue can freely control her regeneration ability.
- All Elemental Affinity - A skill to use all kinds of magic.
- Spell Melding - A skill to fuse 2 kinds of magic.
- Mana Manipulation - A skill to use magic without chants and magic circles.
- Mana Emission - A skill to emit mana and use it to upgrade certain motions like shouting.
- Mana Compression - A skill to compress mana.
- Remote Manipulation - A skill to remotely control mana from afar.
- Increased Efficiency - Efficiency of using mana is increased.
- Ether Absorption - A skill to absorb mana from the environment.
- Body Strengthening - A skill to strengthen the whole body by using mana.
- Image Composition - A skill that creates a magic circle can be just by imagining it.
- Increased Imagination - A skill to make magic through imagination.
- Multiple Spell Image Composition - A skill to compound more than two magics.
- Delayed Casting - A skill to use magic at a later time when cast.
- Blood Conversion - A skill to use blood for healing stamina and wounds.
- Body Strengthening - A skill to strengthen the whole body by using blood.
- Mana Conversion - A skill to convert blood into mana.
- Stamina Conversion - A skill to turn blood into stamina.
- Mana Strengthening - A skill to use blood to strengthen the magic used.
- Blood Oath - A drastic increase in status of the person whom is chosen to suck blood from.
- High Speed Mana Recovery - A skill that quickly regenerates the mana used.
- Creation Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of Gods", which grants the ability to imbue magical properties to minerals, creating a new ore with special traits. It is the only form of Magic which allows the creation of an "Artifact". Creation Magic requires one to have the transmutation magic to fully utilizes its true capabilities which is why Yue did not intend to learn it at first as it was useless for her. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any inorganic material'.
- Gravity Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of Gods", it gives the user control over gravity. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the energy of star', and just not gravity. Theoretically, it could also interfere with things like earth vein or terrestrial heat, bedrock or magma; and it isn’t impossible to use this magic to purposefully generate earthquake or volcano eruption.
- Spatial Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of Gods", it allows the user to manipulate the space around themselves, allowing them to either bend or expand the space near them or move themselves to another space or location. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the boundary'. Meaning it can allow the user to manipulate anything, like the elimination of race-creature gap, or formulating new boundary to create a spirit world; it's possible to achieve those kinds of things.
- Restoration Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of Gods", which allows the user to restore the state of anything to either its previous or original condition. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the time', meaning it has the ability to manipulate the time of anything, anyplace or anyone to a point the user desires to.
- Spirit Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of Gods", which allows the user to manipulate the soul of a living being directly. It's possible to revive a living being back from the dead (time restriction applicable), or transfer the soul of a living being from one body to another, or even into a non-physical body as well, practically granting any living being immortality. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the negative material possessed by living thing'. To be more specific, this magic could also interfere with things like energy inside the body that was magic power, heat, electricity, then thought, consciousness, memory. Those who have mastery over this magic can even create an artificial consciousness, and allow it to inhabit any body they wish.
- Evolution Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of Gods", which allows the user to enhance or evolve all other forms of power, be it strong or weak. It can work on even other "Ancient Magic" as well, boosting their power and scope. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the information about existing things'. This magic enhanced or evolved an ability or power by a stage of 1, by interfering with the targets information, and the increased it one-by-one stage.
- Metamorphosis Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of Gods", which allows a user to remake the form of a normal being and reform them into a different form. Normally it's used to remake a normal organism and turn it into a monster, or even manipulate the magic stone of a monster and remake them. But the true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any organic material'. Meaning not only animals, but it's also possible to remake plants or intelligent beings, and reform their structure as needed. Even byproducts of organic material, like paper or food, can also be manipulated by this magic. The magic stone which gets created during the process is just a byproduct of the process.
- Concept Magic - It is a form of "Ancient Magic art" which is a combination of many other ancient magic, the main ability of Concept magic is that allows one to interfere with the laws of the world and impress concepts upon it. By raising up a powerful wish or desire with Spirit Magic and Evolution Magic, it can be raised to a level of a concept before being forcefully materialized with magical power. However, since the user's desire at of the time of use, is used as the base of the magic, to raise up and create the concept, the spell may not remain stable in subsequent uses, thus a single spell can only be used once under most circumstances. However if the desire is still needed, it can be used more than once, like in the case of Hajime's crystal key which had the concept of "I want to return home" in it, was destroyed by Ehit he was still able to recreate the crystal key again because his desire of wanting to return home was still there. It should be noted however that concept magic requires the user to concentrate on raising up their wish in order to materialize the concept, as such it wouldn't be useful in a battle where the user is under attack. Also, some concepts aren't possible to materialize by the user on their own, for example, Hajime could only make degraded versions of the crystal key without Yue.
- Fireball - One of the most basic fire spells; but with Yue's huge mana-pool and proficiency, her version is a lot more powerful than standard ones, plus she can easily conjure and fire more that a hundred Fireballs at once and is even able to change their form to transform them into a heart shape.
- Crimson Javelin - A flame that would turn into a spiraled shaped spear and can pierced through its target.
- Azure Blaze - A supreme rank magic that could summon a sphere of blue-white flames 6 to 7 meters in diameter, that would everything melt in it surrounding.
- Glacial Sleet - It creates needles of ice to attack the enemy.
- Crystal Coffin - It freezes a targeted person.
- Frost Prison - A supreme rank magic that would freeze it surrounding in 50-meter dimension, anything in the affected area will be unable to resist.
- Tempest Flash - An intermediate-level wind spell.
- Updraft - A basic spell that can lift objects using wind. Skilled practitioners can briefly make someone fly with this spell.
- Force Lasher - It unleashes spiraling whirlwinds created from the force of a vacuum.
- Wind Wall - creates a wind of walls and can used to blow objects away.
- Wind Blades - It creates a barrage of sharp wind blades of to cut the enemy.
- Storm Gust - It creates a powerful whirlwind.
- Air Cannon - an advance-rank spell that could create a sphere with the size of 1 to 2 meters in diameter which contained numerous vacuum wind blades that would attack the target
- Thunder Hammer - Magic that summons a dark cloud then shoots lightning.
- Thunderlord's Judgement - The most powerful lighting magic in existence. Creates six spheres of lighting that encircle a enemy then connect to each other to a ring of lighting then forming a larger sphere at the center of the ring, which electrifies the enemy while preventing them from escaping.
- Liquid Rampart - It produces barriers of water.
- Rupture - Water magic which gathers water from the atmosphere, compresses it and then shots it out as a high speed cleaver/slicer. It is possible to reduce the mana consumption of the Spell by using an available water source, rather than gathering water from the atmosphere.
- Water Castle - Magic that creates surging water that can make a wall.
- Tidal Wave - A high-ranked water element magic which can create a huge wave to crush the enemies. For an ordinary magic-user, though it was called a huge wave, it would only be a tsunami around ten to twenty meters, squarely. However, that number changed once Yue used it. A tsunami with width of 150 meters and height of 100 meters will be created.
- Hallowed Ground - It creates an impenetrable barrier that can't be broken by normal means, but does have some limitations. It separates a particular area from other areas and not people from people, so enemies within the AOE would not be pushed away. It also consumes a lot of mana and can only be used for a minute.
- Divine Shackles - It sends out a light magic chains to restrain enemies. "Holy light of judgment, bring retribution upon the wicked and crush those restrained by justice."
Ancient Magic Spells
- Obsidian Vortex - Beginner-level gravity magic that is used to create a gravitational field around either the caster or a nearby target by touching it. It alters gravity's hold on the target to make them lighter or heavier.
- Heavensfall - Gravity magic which forms a black hole that is four meters in diameter.
- Spatial Severance - A defensive gravity magic spell that Summons a black hole to absorb any incoming spells and attacks. It can be used to redirect any attacks it absorbs.
- Asura - Gravity magic that creates a black hole 500 meters in diameter, which can be smashed into the enemy.
- Cosmic Rift - Spatial magic that connects two separate points in space and forms a gate.
- Illusion Cage - Spatial magic that locks a section of space in place. It can be used as both a barrier, and as a means of capturing a target, but it requires a lot of mana to be used.
- Void Fissure - Spatial magic that forcibly contracts, then rapidly expands space in a certain area. The resulting shockwaves cause explosions that can't be defended by regular means.
- Void Shatter - Spatial magic that splits space along the lines that Yue defines and cuts anything caught along them.
- Tetragrammaton - Restoration magic variant, a magic which restores all destruction regardless of whether it was organic or inorganic matter.
- Revival Reversal - Restoration magic that reproduces the wounds and destruction that an object once received in the past. Although not direct or indirect, if it’s not touched within a radius of less than 3 meters it wouldn’t work, the wounds that can be reproduced is proportional to the magic power being used.
- Divine Existence - An extremely advanced spatial magic spell that allows the user to do instant teleportation without the need of "Gate".
Original Composite Spells
- Flurry Waltz - Compound magic using the wind spell "Air Cannon" and gravity magic. It creates balls of wind to bombard the enemy while being freely manipulated due to gravity magic. Additionally, the gravitational field surrounding them meant anyone struck would be continually spun around the ball until the spell vanished. Then, once they were crucified in the air, the opponent would be vulnerable to other attacks.
- Draconic Thunder/Lightning Wyrm - Compound magic that combines the spell "Thunder Hammer" and gravity magic to summon a dragon made of lightning.
- Sapphire Serpent - Like "Draconic Thunder", it is a compound spell that creates a dragon, but of the fire element made by combining gravity magic and "Azure Blaze".
- Storm Dragon - A compound of wind magic and gravity magic to form a storm dragon.
- Frost Wyrm - A compound of ice magic and gravity magic to form a frost worm.
- Stone Wyvern - A compound of earth magic and gravity magic to form a stone wyvern.
- Five Heavenly Dragons - Magic that summons the extremely powerful five elemental dragons (Thunder, Azure/Flame, Storm, Ice, Earth) simultaneously.
- Divine Purgatory - A spell that combines fire, gravity, and spirit magic. First, Yue would use gravity magic to compress ten instances of the fire spell "Azure Blaze" into a single point, then she’d use the spirit magic spell "Cull" to choose who would be affected by her magic.
- Field Pierce - Yue's original spell that creates gates connected to another space. Basically, it's a portal.
|Level||Strength||Vitality||Defense||Agility||Magic||Magic Defense||"as per"|
|75||120||300||60||120||6980||7120||LN - Volume 04|
|82||220||450||100||220||9180||9320||WN - ch122|
- The base stats given above aren't Yue's current stats, as the last time the author provided stats for her in the Web Novel was before she acquired "Evolution Magic" from the Haltina's Labyrinth.
- (To Hajime Nagumo when she seduced him): "That makes me happy. Because I belong to you, Hajime. So look as much as you want."
- (To Kaori Shirasaki): "Fine, you can come. I'll show you just how huge the gap is between us."
- (To Sharon Magdanese): "I am Yue. First wife of the demon king!!"
- Whenever Yue gets into a heated confrontation with Kaori, an apparition of a golden dragon and storm clouds appears above her.
- After arriving on Earth, Yue becomes sensitive to being called a NEET.
- Ryo Shirakome based Yue off of Yukari Yakumo from Touhou Project.
- Due to her former status as a Queen, Yue was never properly taught to cook for herself. This doesn't seem to have changed even during the After Story. Worse, she would always add dangerous ingredients, believing Hajime would like it without tasting it herself, which caused Shea to lecture Yue.
- Other names Hajime considered for Yue when they first met include "Tsukuyo", "Luna", and "Selena".
- Yue's English voice actress, Tia Ballard, also voiced Zero Two from Darling in the Franxx. She was romantically involved with Hiro, who was also voiced by Hajime's english voice actor Matt Shipman.