|This article is a stub. Please help "Arifureta" Fandom Wikia by expanding it.|
Vandre Schnee (ヴァンドゥル・シュネー, Vandouru Shunē?) is a character who appears both in the main "Arifureta Shokugyō de Sekai Saikyō" series as a minor character, and in the spin-off "Arifureta Shokugyō de Sekai Saikyō Zero" series as one of the main protagonists.
He is a Atavist with the ability to use one of the Ancient Magic from the "Age of Gods". He is also the creator of the Schnee Labyrinth at the frost caverns in the Schnee Snow Fields. He is one of leaders of the Liberators.
Vandre is in his 20's and is 180 cm tall. He possess the usual demon characteristics, such as pointed ears, swarthy skin, and red eyes. Unlike most demons, however, his hair is sky blue. It is braided on one side, but falls over his right eye in bangs.
Thanks to his dragonmen heritage, Vandre can transform into a large red-scaled dragon.
Vandre's attire consists of white pants, a white muscle shirt, and a white muffler with a flower pattern sown into it.
During his childhood, Vandre considers his birth to be a curse. This is not only due to the fact that he was born as a result of his mother being raped by his father, but also because his father forces him to use his ancient magic to create living weapons that killed so many people. This changes, however, after his mother teaches him the credo of the dragonmen, and that he should live for others so that they may live for him.
Vandre believes that the world will always be full of evil, regardless of the gods' intervention in it. Even so, he is still willing to fight to make it a better place.
While putting up a brave and arrogant front around most people, Vandre gets easily flustered or shy when people compliment him. It is then he pulls up his muffler to avoid the subject.
Vandre is quite artistic, having created and sewn his muffler, as well as adding the flower embroidery.
Weapons & Equipment
- Blue Rose Frost Blade - A sword made of ice with rose-patterned carvings engraved all over it. It was created by Vandre as a result of his rivalry with his fellow Liberator Oscar Orcus, and was sealed deep below his Labyrinth with a message inscribed on it saying "Only those who wish to eliminate glasses from this world can draw this sword. If you are found worthy, it is your sacred duty to destroy all glasses!" due to Oscar's obsession with glasses.
Powers & Abilities
- Enhanced Physical Abilities - Vandre has strength and agility above that of the average demon, thanks to his dragonmen blood.
- Skilled Combatant - Vandre is skilled in a multitude of weapons ranging from swords, to bows, to knives.
- Dragonification - Vandre can transform into a dragon thanks to his mother's bloodline.
- Mana Manipulation - A skill to use magic without chants and magic circles.
- Ice Magic Affinity - It allows the user to use ice magic at a capable rate.
- Metamorphosis Magic - One of the "Ancient Magics" originating from the "Age of God", which allows a user to remake the form of a normal being and reform them into a different form. Normally it's used to remake a normal organism and turn it into a monster, or even manipulate the magic stone of a monster and remake them. But the true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any organic material'. Meaning not only animals, but it's also possible to remake plants or intelligent beings, and reform their structure as needed. Even byproducts of organic material, like paper or food, can also be manipulated by this magic. The magic stone which gets created during the process is just a byproduct of the process.
- Frost Purgatory - The strongest ice spell in existence. It freezes anything in its surrounding within a 50-meter dimension. Anything in the affected area will be unable to resist.
- Compound Transformation - A metamorphosis spell that enhances Vandre's dragon breath attack.
- The word "Schnee" means "Snow" in German.
- Vandre is into mufflers, like Oscar is with his glasses, believing they are the greatest things in the world.
- Vandre is the first known person to approach the Liberators of his own accord, instead of being recruited by them.
- According to Vandre, due to his Job as "Artist", he is an expert on martial arts since he believes that it falls under the category of art.
- Vandre's Labyrinth is currently the one with the most people known to have successfully cleared it.
- Proof of conquering Vandre's Labyrinth is a teardrop-shaped crystal pendant that is engraved with his crest.