|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
|This article is lack or missing some information. |
Please help "Arifureta" Fandom Wikia by filling out the missing information.
He is one of the students from Japan who got involved in the Summoning Incident, and ended up in Tortus along with his other classmates. He is the childhood friend of Kouki Amanogawa, Shizuku Yaegashi & Kaori Shirasaki; and was part of Kouki's party during the training in Orcus Dungeon.
Ryutarou has a physique is like a bear and he stands tall at about 190cm. He has short trimmed hair and a gaze that appears both cheerful and stern.
He is your typical energetic muscle-brained person. He values hard work and tends be rash in his actions.
He is very loyal to his friends, especially Kouki.
- Close Quarters Combat Proficiency
- Body Strengthening - an ability to use magic to strengthen the body.
- Partial Strengthening - an ability to precisely focus Body Strengthening to a certain part of the body.
- Focused Strengthening - an ability to concentrate Body Strengthening to a fixed point of the body.
- Penetrating Strikes
- Supersonic Step - high speed movement.
- Explosive Supersonic Step
- Physical Resistance - increased physical resistance and recovery rate. Also reduces impact.
- Diamond Skin - coats the users body in a hardened shell of mana, which increases the users defenses and protects them from all attacks to a certain degree. The hardened shell of mana has of a diamond patterned structure, hence the name.
- All Elemental Resistance - an increased resistance to all elements.
- Language Comprehension - a base skill granted to all those who got summoned. It gives the user the ability to understand any language and be proficient in it.
- Metamorphosis Magic - one of the "Ancient Magics" originating from the "Age of God", which allows a user to remake the form of a normal being and reform them into a different form. Normally it's used to remake a normal organism and turn it into a monster, or even manipulate the magic stone of a monster and remake them. But the true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any organic material'. Meaning not only animals, but it's also possible to remake plants or intelligent beings, and reform their structure as needed. Even byproducts of organic material, like paper or food, can also be manipulated by this magic. The magic stone which gets created during the process is just a byproduct of the process.
- Sixth Heaven's Demon Transformation - a transformation magic that uses a magic stone to transform a person into a specific monster with all of the monster traits, strengths, weakness and special powers.
- Mode Ogre - greatly strengthen his power.
- Mode Werewolf - greatly increase his speed but falls short in power compared to the 'Ogre'.
- Mode Trent - can convert light into magic power, physical strength etc.
|Level||Strength||Vitality||Defense||Agility||Magic||Magic Defense||"as per"|
|72||820||820||680||550||280||280||LN - Volume 04|
|83||980||980||790||650||350||350||WN - ch122|
- The base stats given above aren't Ryutarou's current stats, as the last time the author provided stats for him in the Web Novel was before the Haltina's Labyrinth trial.
Weapons & Equipment
- Twin Gauntlets - Ryutarou's primary weapons. Originally a from the Heiligh Kingdom, they had the power to produce shockwaves when used for combat. They were upgraded by Hajime after clearing the Haltina Labyrinth in the Sea of Trees. They could oscillate at a very high frequency, thus multiplying their destructive power. There were also enchanted with spatial magic to cause those oscillations to spread into the surrounding area. That bigfoot hadn’t stood a chance.
- Death Fist - it bypasses an enemy’s defenses and destroys their internal organs.
- Aerodynamic-enchanted boots - It allows Ryutarou to walk mid-air.
- Suzu Taniguchi - Ryutarou's first girlfriend. The two of the become a couple one year after they and the other students return to Japan. She wishes to go with him to Tortus and spend their days there together helping Kouki and the people.
- Kouki Amanogawa - Ryutarou's best friend. He tends to support Kouki in his decisions blindly without considering the consequences, like agreeing to Kouki's decision to save Tortus, while ignoring the warning of their teacher Aiko. Though after Kouki lost his way, and decided to blindly follow his misguided sense of justice, Ryutarou decided to take up the task to bring his friend back and give him a good pounding to bring him back to his senses.
- Hajime Nagumo - Ryutarou initially thought little of Hajime because of his lazy attitude and weak spirit, which went against his own 'straight to the point' and 'hardworking' nature. He even went on to tell Kaori that she is wasting time on someone who is a failure. Even after his class arrived in Tortus, this fact didn't change for him. And similar to Kouki, he also easily accepted Hajime's supposed death after his fall. But later, after being rescued by Hajime from the attack of the demon Cattleya and her army of monsters and seeing his change, Ryutarou starts to both respect and fear his strength. Though he later starts to feel a kinship towards Hajime because he considers him as a pupil of "Sgt. Hartman" just like himself, because of the way how Hajime had trained the Haulia's.
- Yue - Ryutarou is infatuated with Yue on first sight when she came to protect them in the Great Orcus Labyrinth, but didn't try to make any advances on her nor did he speak about it to others, because he knew that she loved Hajime and would reject him, and he didn't want to get on Hajime's bad side.
- Before being summoned to Tortus, Ryutarou's dream was to become a police officer.
- In the Anime, Ryutarou gains a scar on the left side of his chin after he was summoned to Tortus.