|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
He is one of the students from Japan who got involved in the Summoning Incident, and ended up in Tortus along with his other classmates. He is the childhood friend of Kouki Amanogawa, Shizuku Yaegashi & Kaori Shirasaki; and was part of Kouki's party during the training in Orcus Dungeon.
Ryutarou has a physique is like a bear and he stands tall at about 190 cm. He has short trimmed hair and a gaze that appears both cheerful and stern.
I wanna get strong enough to protect my friends at least. I don’t ever wanna be helplessly forced to watch my friends die ever again.
He is your typical energetic muscle-brained person. He values hard work and tends be rash in his actions. While he's not as dense as Kouki, Ryutarou is still pretty slow when it comes to understanding women feelings.
He is very loyal to his friends, especially Kouki. He is always the first to stand by his best friend side whenever he decides to do something, no matter how crazy it was. This makes him the opposite of Shizuku, who always tries to get Kouki to think before he decides to do something reckless, but will still support him. He will also be the first to defend his friends, both verbally and physically. After the demon invasion on the Heiligh Kingdom, Ryutarou resolves to get stronger so he wouldn't have to see another friend get killed before his eyes. He is even willing to beg Hajime to help them conquer a labyrinth, something Hajime had never seen him do, showing he values his friends over his pride. He shown respects for Hajime but fear his strength after survived and changed his appearance. He have his gratitude for Hajime after reviving Kaori. When tested his newly enhanced gauntlets, Ryutarou's respects for Hajime had suddenly increased even further when witnessing his gauntlet's new powers.
Ryutarou admires military soldiers and viewed "Gunnery Sgt. Hartman" from "Full Metal Jacket" as his idol. When seeing Hajime training the Haulia Tribe, he considers Hajime as a pupil of "Sgt. Hartman". He loves military training and begged Hajime to train him and has a touching momentum strong enough to allow Hajime to train him.
As revealed in the Frost Cavern of Schnee, Ryutarou has always felt bothered that he's always been something of a side character compared to Kouki and Hajime. While he never showed it, he's always been jealous that all the girls liked Kouki, even through he also helped them as well. At the same time, he's always been scared that he tried to challenge Kouki or Hajime, knowing he would just lose thus proving that he's really is a worthless sidekick.
Weapons & Equipment
- Twin Gauntlets - Ryutarou's primary weapons. Originally from the Heiligh Kingdom, they had the power to produce shockwaves when used for combat. They were later enhanced by Hajime after clearing the Haltina Labyrinth in the Sea of Trees. They could oscillate at a very high frequency, thus multiplying their destructive power. Thy were also enchanted with Ancient Magic to perform a variety of attacks.
The following are the abilities enchanted in the gauntlets by Hajime.
- Death Fist - uses spatial magic to bypasses an enemy’s defenses and destroys their internal organs.
- Hammerfist - uses gravity magic to amplify the gauntlet's punches weight and attack power tenfold.
- Enhanced Mana Shockwaves - launches shockwaves of mana from the gauntlets to attack enemies from a distance.
- Treasure Trove - is a ring-shaped artifact that had small one centimeter ruby set in its center. The ruby was actually an artificially created dimensional space where things could be stored.
- Aerodynamic-Enchanted Boots - they allow Ryutarou to walk mid-air.
Powers & Abilities
- Enhanced Physical Abilities - After being summoned to Tortus as one of Ehit's heroes, Ryutarou was blessed with superhuman physical abilities, excelling in terms of physical strength and durability.
- Enhanced Strength - Ryutarou's strongest blessing lies in his raw strength. He is physically one of the strongest among the heroes, only losing to Kouki but worse of would lose easily against the monstrous Hajime if he challenge him. Through the use of magic, Ryutarou can increase his strength even further. During his training with Hajime along with the Haulia Tribe and Fleur Knights, His strength grown faster.
- Enhanced Durability - Ryutarou gained superhuman durability and stamina after being summoned to Tortus. He can take a lot of punishment from his enemies and could still keep fighting. After completing the final trail of the Frost Cavern of Schnee, even through Ryutarou suffered a great deal of damaged fighting his copy, he still had the strength to walk around and carry Suzu before needing some first aid.
- Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant - Ryutarou is a highly capable brawler, knowing how to make uses of his great size and strength to overpower his opponents. After being granted several close combat oriented skills and superhuman abilities as one of Ehit's heroes, Ryutaro honed his fighting skills further through extensive training, became one of the strongest members of the Hero's party, being able to defeat all the powerful monsters in the first 89 floors of the Great Orcus Labyrinth. In the Haltina Labyrinth, while transformed into an Ogre and deprived of his gauntlets, Ryutaro was able to fight on pair with another Ogre using a Karate based Martial Arts for a certain period of time, a considerable feat as the monsters of the Haltina Labyrinth are far more powerful and dangerous than the ones he had fought before despite suffering serious injuries in the process. In the Frost Cavern of Schnee, Ryutarou could make full use of his gauntlets upgraded abilities to fight a giant Frost Turtle alongside Shizuku, distracting it long enough for Kouki to use Divine Wrath, fight and defeat his designated Frost Golem that is four times his size while enduring random laser attacks with his Diamond Skin. More impressively, Ryutarou was able to defeat his own copy in hand to hand combat.
- Close Quarters Combat Proficiency
- Body Strengthening - an ability to use magic to strengthen the body.
- Partial Strengthening - an ability to precisely focus Body Strengthening to a certain part of the body.
- Focused Strengthening - an ability to concentrate Body Strengthening to a fixed point of the body.
- Penetrating Strikes
- Supersonic Step - high speed movement.
- Explosive Supersonic Step
- Physical Resistance - increased physical resistance and recovery rate. Also reduces impact.
- Diamond Skin - coats the users body in a hardened shell of mana, which increases the users defenses and protects them from all attacks to a certain degree. The hardened shell of mana has of a diamond patterned structure, hence the name.
- All Elemental Resistance - an increased resistance to all elements.
- Metamorphosis Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows a user to remake the form of a normal being and reform them into a different form. Normally it's used to remake a normal organism and turn it into a monster, or even manipulate the magic stone of a monster and remake them. But the true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any organic material'. Meaning not only animals, but it's also possible to remake plants or intelligent beings, and reform their structure as needed. Even byproducts of organic material, like paper or food, can also be manipulated by this magic. The magic stone which gets created during the process is just a byproduct of the process.
- Language Comprehension - a base skill granted to all those who got summoned. It gives the user the ability to understand any language and be proficient in it.
- Herculean Might - a spell that envelops the user in body strengthening magic, thus strengthening their physical attributes, attack power and defensive capabilities. “Grant unto your servant the strength to shake the earth! Herculean Might!”
Ancient Magic Spells
- Sixth Heaven's Demon Transformation - a transformation magic that uses a magic stone to transform a person into a specific monster with all of its traits, strengths, weakness, and skills.
- Mode Ogre - greatly strengthen his power.
- Mode Werewolf - greatly increase his speed but falls short in power compared to the 'Ogre'.
- Mode Trent - can convert light into magic power, physical strength etc.
|Level||Strength||Vitality||Defense||Agility||Magic||Magic Defense||"as per"|
|72||820||820||680||550||280||280||LN - Volume 04|
|83||980||980||790||650||350||350||WN - ch122|
- The base stats given above aren't Ryutarou's current stats, as the last time the author provided stats for him in the Web Novel was before the Haltina's Labyrinth trial.
- Before being summoned to Tortus, Ryutarou's dream was to become a police officer.
- Ryutarou's family owns a dog named Karashio.
- Ryutarou's idol is "Gunnery Sergeant Hartman" of the movie "Full Metal Jacket", which he considered Hajime as a pupil of his idol when he trained the Haulia Tribe and the Fleur Knights.
- In the Anime, Ryutarou gains a scar on the left side of his chin after he was summoned to Tortus.