|This article is lacking in or missing some information. |
Please help "Arifureta" Fandom Wikia by filling out the missing information.
Oscar Orcus (オスカー・オルクス, Osukā Orukusu?) is a character who appears both in the main "Arifureta Shokugyō de Sekai Saikyō" series as a minor character, and in the spin-off "Arifureta Shokugyō de Sekai Saikyō Zero" series as one of the main protagonists.
He is an Atavist, with the ability to use one of the Ancient Magic from the "Age of God". He is also the creator and caretaker of the Great Orcus Labyrinth. He is also one of the leaders of the "Liberators".
He was a young man who had a gentle feminine features and a long, slender build. He wore black-rimmed spectacles and had his shoulder-length black hair tied up in a ponytail.
Oscar has a gentlemanly personality and demeanor. Even after his death, he left trials of anyone worthy to carrying out of his and the Liberators' legacy to slay the evil god, Ehit and destroy his game of death forever which ended into a success after Hajime killed Ehit.
Powers & Abilities Edit
- Genius Intellect - the smartest of the Liberators, Oscar is a genius of the highest caliber, having tremendous intellect that far surpass his fellow Liberators and his contemporaries.
- Master Inventor - Oscar has shown scientific talents and knowledge that are at least several millennia ahead of his times, having used his Creation Magic to create Artifacts with designs that incorporates advanced applications of scientific knowledge. He is also the one who designed and created the Great Labyrinths of his fellow Liberators including inventing a method that can instilled knowledge of the Liberators's Age of Gods Magic into the minds of those who cleared the Labyrinths as a reward and even designed them to perfectly self-repair and maintain itself should it ever be destroyed.
- Master Craftsman - Oscar is a genius master Synergist, being the most powerful user of Creation Magic of all time and having crafted numerous variety of Artifacts, some that are even considered legendary with the most prominent being the Seven Great Labyrinths, incorporating all the Ancient Magic of his fellow Liberators into his creations. His creation magic successor, Hajime Nagumo, who became Tortus's greatest Synergist, noted that Oscar's craftsmanship is far superior to his own.
- Expert Combatant - While living in the Kingdom of Velka, Oscar was trained to fight by several of his adventurer associates.
- Transmute - The base skill of the "Synergist" Job class. It allows the user to control, transform and manipulate any kind of ores, minerals or materials in any way or shape the user desires.
- Mana Manipulation - the ability to use magic without chants and magic circles.
- Creation Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which grants the ability to imbue a magical properties to minerals, creating a new ore with special traits. It is the only form of Magic which allows the creation of an "Artifact". Creation magic requires one to have the transmutation magic to fully utilizes its true capabilities which is why Yue did not intend to learn it at first as it was useless for her. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any inorganic material'.
- (His recorded message): "I congratulate you on overcoming my trial. My name is Oscar Orcus. I am the man who created this labyrinth. I suppose to the world I’m known as a maverick. By the way, please spare me the questions. This is nothing more than a recording I left behind, so I unfortunately cannot answer any queries you may have. I wanted to tell those who made it this far why it was that we, who learned the truth of the world, chose to fight against the gods... so I decided to leave a message. And this was the simplest form to convey that message in. I want you to know... that though we were mavericks, we were not truly rebels.”
- Oscar has a huge fetish for maids.