Monsters are created naturally when an animal has enough mana absorbed into their body that transforms them. As a result of this process, monsters have cores of crystallised mana in their bodies that can be of great value. They gain powers by eating meats of humans and other monsters.
Monsters can be artificially created by someone in possession of Metamorphosis Magic.
Monster meat is extremely poisonous and lethal to anyone who consumes them as consuming it destroys a persons body from inside on a cellular level and tries to rebuild its structure, which a body won't be able to handle unless its able to rapidly regenerate and heal itself. The only way known to be able to survive after consume monster meat is through consuming Ambrosia, a drink formed of concentrated liquefied mana released from a legendary crystal known as the Divinity Stone when the latter eat the monster meat and drink the liquefied mana and turn into a human/monster hybrid but not considered as humans anymore as a cost for their mutations.
Sea-based monsters are more attuned to sensing sources of mana than other monsters due to using it as a way to navigate while their other senses are dulled underwater.
List of Monsters Edit
Great Orcus Labyrinth Edit
Monsters in the Labyrinth are part of its eco-system, and have a mechanic built inside them which makes the re-spawn again after a certain time after they had been defeated.
Upper Levels Edit
- Ratman (ラットマン, Rattoman?): Found on the 1st floor, it's a giant muscular rats that stand on two feet. Only the area around their corded chests was bereft of fur. It's quick on its feet, but not that strong.
- Rockmount (ロックマウント, Rokkumaunto?): Found on the 20th floor, it's a gorilla-like monster that can camouflage itself.
- Traum Soldier (トラウムソルジャー, Toraumu Sorujā?): Found on the 38th floor, it's a Skeleton Knight monster with red eyes and a darkish body and carries a sword and shield.
- Behemoth (ベヒモス, Behimosu?): Found on the 65th floor, it's a powerful monster with a huge body of 10 meters length. Its shaped similar to a triceratops, with a head like that of a bull with two huge horns sprouting on its head, and has glowing red eyes.
Lower Levels (Bottom of the Abyss) Edit
- Twin-tailed Wolf (二尾狼, Nibi Ōkami?): Found on the 1st floor. It possesses the special magic "Lightning Field", which allows it to generate electricity around its body and fire it at its enemies.
- Kickmaster Rabbit (蹴りウサギ, Keri Usagi?): Found on the 1st floor. It possesses the special magic "Air Dance", which increases its base reaction speed, and the ability to move at high speed.
- Claw Bear (爪熊, Tsume Kuma?): Found on the 1st floor. It possesses the special magic "Gale Claw", which allows it to fire streaks of sharp wind from its claws.
- Basilisk (バジリスク, Bajirisuku?): Found on the 2nd floor. It possesses the special magic "Petrification", which allows it to turn anything it looks into stone.
- Cyclops (サイクロプス, Saikuropusu?): Found as the gate guardian for the room on the 50th floor, these monsters aren't actually part of the eco-system of the Labyrinth, so won't re-spawn after being defeated.
- Scorpion (サソリモドキ, Sasorimodoki'?): Found as the guardian inside the room on the 50th floor, this monster isn't actually part of the eco-system of the Labyrinth, so won't re-spawn after being defeated.
- Sham Alraune (エセアルラウネ, Esearuraune?): A humanoid shaped monster, with the ability to physically control other creatures using its unique parasitic pollen spores which it scatters around the air. This monster is extremely cunning and protective of its lair, because it would do anything needed in order to protect itself. A creature controlled by its pollen spores grows a flower on its head to signify the effect, while simultaneously losing control of their own body, though they are conscious of their uncontrolled actions, and retain all of their memories.
- Hydra (ヒュドラ, Hyudora?): Found on the 100th and final floor of the Labyrinth, the "Hydra" is the last Final Boss and Guardian, that one has to defeat in order to complete the trial of the Labyrinth.
Being the Final Boss of the Labyrinth, it is also the most powerful and strongest monster in the entire Labyrinth, having extremely high stats and unique skills to utilize.
Physically, it looks like a huge serpentine creature, with a hard shell body and six-heads. Each of the heads of the Hydra are differently colored (in the LN and Manga, each one had a different-colored pattern engraved into its head instead) and a pair of dark red eyes. Each head has its own unique ability along with physical attacks, which compliments the other heads, thus being akin to a perfect balanced party.
- "Red" Head - Fire
- "Green" Head - Wind
- "Blue" Head - Ice
- "White" Head - Healing
- "Yellow" Head - Defense, limited ability to morph surrounding terrain
- "Black" Head - De-buffer/Illusion, inflicts Fear Status
- Once all the Six-head's have been defeated, the last 7th "Silver" Head comes out, which is the most powerful of them all, being able to physically exert force equal to the combined power of the previous six-heads and also able to utilise a powerful beam of aurora which can tear-through almost any kind of defence, and has the extra effect of slowing down and reducing the effects of healing and natural recovery.
Reisen Gorge Edit
- Diheadoar / Dihedwa (ダイヘドア, Daihedoa?): A giant two-headed monster that is similar in appearance to a tyrannosaurus from Earth.
Great Gruen Dessert Edit
- Sandworm (サンドワーム, Sandōwāmu?): A large earthworm-like monster that only resides in the Gruen Dessert. They are 20 meters long on average, and some of the really large ones grow up to 100 meters. They normally live underground and only surface to swallow their prey with their triple-layered circular maws. They do not, however, possess good perception abilities, and would only attack if someone accidentally walks over their lairs.
Frost Caverns of Schnee Edit
- Frost Eagle (フロストイーグル, Furosutoīguru?): An eagle-like monster made out of ice.
- Frost Turtle (フロストタートル, Furosutotātoru?): A giant turtle-like monster made of ice and has six legs.
- Frost Werewolf (フロストワーウルフ, Furosutowāurufu?): A wolf-like monster made of ice.
Monsters created by Freid Bagwa Edit
- Ahatod (アハトド, Ahatodo?): A humanoid horse-faced monster with four arms. It possesses the skill Shock Conversion, which allows it to convert mana into kinetic energy and unleash it as ripples of pure force.
- Absod (アブソド, Abusodo?): A turtle-like monster that is able to absorb the energy of any attack and then redirect it back to its enemy.
- Black Cat (
黒猫, Kuro Neko?): A small monster that is incredibly agile. Its forefeet are very sharp and in the shape of sikles.
- Cyuveria (サイヴェリア, Saivueria?): A butterfly-like monster that can fire heat rays.
- Dryger (ドライヤー, Doraiyā?): A large beetle-like monster that was able to propel itself with special organs on each side of its wings that allowed it to jettison mana that is increased its speed, as well as control its direction.
- Ozmuse (オズムセ, Ozumuse?): A flying leaf-insect-like monster.
- Squier (スクワイア, Sukuwaia?): A giant bee-like monster. It has six pairs of thin wings.
- Bachulum (バチュラム, Bachuramu?): A type of slime monster that is able to morph its appearance.
- Bahal (バハル, Baharu?): A bird-like monster. They are not strong, but they attack in flocks by raining down their razor sharp black feathers at their prey, while maintaining a safe distance from the ground.
- Bulltaur (ブルタール, Burutāru?): A monster that live in the northern mountains. They are cross between orcs and ogres. They are a powerful race known for their high defensive capabilities, and possessed the Skill "Steel Skin", which is an inferior version of "Diamond Skin". They aren’t very intelligent, but they always roam in packs.
- Cotriss (コトリス, Kotorisu?): A large bird-like monster that can fire needles that petrify anything that comes into contact with it.
- Delose (デロス, Derosu?) A wolf-like monster. They are nimble and hunt in packs.
- Devourer/Hell Eater (
悪食, Akujiki?): A giant gelatinous sea-based monster. It is able to constantly regenerate whenever it is injured, and well as excrete corrosive jelly that is even capable of dispersing magic. They are so dangerous that they are seen more as natural disasters than monsters.
- Fishman (リーマン, Rīman?): A fish monster with a human-shaped head. It is able to use the Skill "Telepathy" as a way of communicating. It is the only known monster that is sentient and not hostile towards humans.
- Divine Beast Leviathan (
神獣リバイアサン, Shinkemono Ribaiasan?): A monstrously large sea-serpent that was sealed away by the gods of Tortus with the island Andika.
Human/Monster Hybrids Edit
Human/Monster hybrids are a rare and unique species of humans who have gained a monstrous appearance and inhuman strength through mutations from consuming monsters' meat and drinking liquefied mana. The changes the experience from consuming monster meat includes their original bodies becoming muscular and taller with purple spiked bloods cells, red tattooed-like veins even both their hair turned from original to white and eyes turned to crimson red, as well as their mana turned from normal to crimson. Their strength, speed, and senses are stronger then beastmen and ordinary monsters, and their mana is even more powerful than normal mana blessed humans and demons as their strength and abilities are completely inhuman and monstrous. Due to withstanding the fatal ingestion of monster flesh, they can further increase their stats and gain the special magic/skills of the monsters that they absorb.