There exists a variety of monsters in the universe of "Arifureta". Monsters have a unique trait of being able to manipulate Mana, without the need of any Magic Circle or Incantation, and each one of them have unique racial Skills, ranging from ranged attacks to faster movement skills.
Monster meat is extremely poisonous and lethal to anyone who consumes them as consuming it destroys a persons body from inside on a cellular level and tries to rebuild its structure, which a body won't be able to handle unless its able to rapidly regenerate and heal itself. The only way known to be able to survive after consume monster meat is through consuming "Holy Water", a drink formed of concentrated liquefied mana released from the legendary stone "Holy Crystal".
List of Monsters Edit
Great Orcus Labyrinth Edit
Monster in the Labyrinth are part of its eco-system, and have a mechanic built inside them which makes the re-spawn again after a certain time after they had been defeated.
Upper Levels Edit
- Traum Soldier (トラウムソルジャー, Toraumu Sorujā?): Found on the 38th floor, it's a Skeleton Knight monster with red eyes and a darkish body and carries a sword and shield.
- Behemoth (ベヒモス, Behimosu?): Found on the 65th floor, it's a powerful monster with a huge body of 10 meters length. Its shaped similar to a triceratops, with a head like that of a bull with two huge horns sprouting on its head, and has glowing red eyes.
Lower Levels (Bottom of the Abyss) Edit
- Twin-tailed Wolf (二尾狼, Nibi Ōkami?): Found on the 1st floor,
- Kickmaster Rabbit (蹴りウサギ, Keri Usagi?): Found on the 1st floor,
- Claw Bear (爪熊, Tsume Kuma?): Found on the 1st floor,
- Basilisk (バジリスク, Bajirisuku?): Found on the 2nd floor,
- Cyclops (サイクロプス, Saikuropusu?): Found as the gate guardian for the room on the 50th floor, these monsters aren't actually part of the eco-system of the Labyrinth, so won't re-spawn after being defeated.
- Scorpion (サソリモドキ, Sasorimodoki?): Found as the guardian inside the room on the 50th floor, this monster isn't actually part of the eco-system of the Labyrinth, so won't re-spawn after being defeated.
- Sham Alraune (エセアルラウネ, Esearuraune?): A humanoid shaped monster, with the ability to physically control other creatures using its unique parasitic pollen spores which it scatters around the air. This monster is extremely cunning and protective of its layer, because it would do anything needed to protect itself. A creature controlled by its pollen spores, grows a flower on its head to signify the effect, and can't control their own body, though they are conscious of their uncontrolled action, and retain all their memories.
- Hydra (ヒュドラ, Hyudora?): Found on the 100th and final floor of the Labyrinth, the "Hydra" is the last Final Boss and Guardian, that one has to defeat in order to complete the trial of the Labyrinth.
Being the Final Boss of the Labyrinth, it is also the most powerful and strongest monster in the entire Labyrinth, having extremely high stats and unique skills to utilize.
Physically, it looks like a huge serpentine creature, with a hard shell body and six-heads. Each of the heads of the Hydra are differently colored (in the LN and Manga, each one had a different-colored pattern engraved into its head instead) and a pair of dark red eyes. Each head has its own unique ability along with physical attacks, which compliments the other heads, thus being akin to a perfect balanced party.
- "Red" Head - Fire
- "Green" Head - Wind
- "Blue" Head - Ice
- "White" Head - Healing
- "Yellow" Head - Defense, limited ability to morph surrounding terrain
- "Black" Head - De-buffer/Illusion, inflicts Fear Status
- Once all the Six-head's have been defeated, the last 7th "Silver" Head comes out, which is the most powerful of them all, being able to physically exert force equal to the combined power of the previous six-heads and also able to utilize a powerful beam of aurora which can tear-through almost any kind of defense, and has the extra effect of slowing down and reducing the effects of healing and natural recovery.