Meiru Melusine (メイル・メルジーネ, Meiru Merujīne?) is a character who appears both in the main "Arifureta Shokugyō de Sekai Saikyō" series as a minor character, and in the spin-off "Arifureta Shokugyō de Sekai Saikyō Zero" series as one of the main protagonists.
Meiru is a beautiful woman in her early twenties with wavy emerald-green hair and narrow jade-red eyes along with gill shaped ears. She has a slender body along with very voluptuous breasts.
She usually wears a bikini to cover up her large chest along with a think belt and a mini skirt.
On her belt, she carries a beautiful saber with an elaborate cross-guard design.
At the surface, Meiru is a kind a charming woman that is always smiling. In realty, however, she is mischievous and sadistic. She enjoys teasing others and would torment her enemies to the point that it would look like she is torturing them. Even so, Meiru cares greatly for her allies and would risk her life for them. She is very charismatic to the point that she manages to recruit hundreds of pirates that would gladly lay down their lives for her.
Meiru is greedy and will look for any opportunity to get richer, including stealing.
Despite her position as a pirate captain, Meiru does not like to think about anything too difficult and will immediately lose focus whenever a topic comes up that she is uninterested in. She is also very sloppy and is incapable of doing the most basic household chores, such as cooking and cleaning.
Weapons & Equipment
- Saber - An elegant cross-guarded blade that can transform into a long whip of metal mixed with water extending from the guard.
- Limitless Whip Blade - An Artifact that Oscar Orcus created for her. A whip sword that can elongate its size to restrain enemies as well as unleash a powerful electric shock.
- Treasure Trove - An Artifact that was attached to her cutlass’ hilt. It was a ruby that was one centimter in diameter that artificially created dimensional space where things could be stored.
Powers & Abilities
- Master Swordswoman - Meiru is very capable of wielding her saber in battle.
- Expert Swimmer - As a half-dagon, Meiru can breathe underwater and can swim much faster than a human.
- Immense Mana - Unlike normal beastmen, Meiru possesses mana and the ability to manipulate it due to her half-vampire heritage and Atavist nature. She is capable of utilizing her signature Restoration magic in battle without too much fatigue as well as casting a wide array of other magics.
- Expert Magic User - Meiru is very skilled with magic, specifically excelling at water magic while having great affinity for all elements. She is capable of skillfully utilizing her signature Restoration magic in creative ways to supplement her other spells. Miledi Reisen, a prodigy mage praised her magical ability.
- Water Magic Affinity - It allows the user to use water magic at a capable rate.
- Wind Magic Affinity - It allows the user to use wind magic at a capable rate.
- Mana Manipulation - A skill to use magic without chants and magic circles.
- Restoration Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to restore the state of anything to either its previous or original condition. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the time', meaning it has the ability to manipulate the time of anything, anyplace or anyone to a point the user desires to.
- Torrential Burst - It creates a massive sphere of water.
- Torrential Bulwark - It creates a large dome made of water.
- Serpent’s Fangs— Infinity - Transforms a micro ocean into a multi-headed snake.
Ancient Magic Spells
- Tetragrammaton - Restoration magic variant, a magic which restores all destruction regardless of whether it was organic or inorganic matter.
- Transient Infinity - Restoration magic that can, regardless of the substance of the object, regenerate everything to the state one second ago every one second it is used.
- Revival Reversal - Restoration magic that reproduces the wounds and destruction that an object once received in the past. Although not direct or indirect, if it’s not touched within a radius of less than 3 meters it wouldn’t work, the wounds that can be reproduced is proportional to the magic power being used.
- (Meiru's recorded message): "Please, don’t cling to the gods. Don’t rely on them. Don’t grow accustomed to what’s given to you. Struggle on, and grasp what you desire with your own two hands. Decide your own path in life, and walk down it with your own two feet. Remember, no matter how bleak things look, you’ll be able to find the answers inside of you. Only you have those answers. Don’t be deceived by the gods’ honeyed words. Only when you live by your own free will can you find true happiness. I pray the path you walk will be forever showered in fortune.”
- Meiru is based off the French mythological mermaid, "Melusine", with her mermaid/dagon design being taken from the European folklore on the character.