|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
|This article is lack or missing some information. |
Please help "Arifureta" Fandom Wikia by filling out the missing information.
I, am the shadow! The right-hand man of the godslaying demon king that was born from the bottom of the abyss! I came from the deep abyss, from the darkness that is deeper than even darkness! Now, engrave into your soul, this taboo name!
— Monologue, Web Novel - Chapter 209 (After Story)
He is one of the students from Japan who got involved in the Summoning Incident, and ended up in Tortus along with his other classmates. He is friends with Jugo Nagayama & Kentarou Nomura, and was part of Nagayama's party during the training in Orcus Dungeon. He also has a very weak presence and can't be noticed by labyrinth monsters or automatic doors.
A year after coming back to earth, it's revealed that he started dating the rabbitman Lana Haulia, a member of the Haulia Tribe, and is studying medicine for the tribe since they have no one with that talent. He also started calling Hajime Boss and was given the name "Kousuke E Abyssgate" after being accepted into the tribe.
Kousuke has a normal personality, although he always complains about his very weak presence that makes it unable for the others to usually notice him. When his skill Abyss Lord is active, his personality becomes that of a chūni.
Kousuke was born the middle child of his family. Due to his thin presence, he tended to be unintentionally ignored by his friends and family, but he was till loved by them.
Weapons & Equipment
Kousuke was provided many weapons and artifacts by Hajime after returning to Japan. They were all named by Kousuke and the Haulia Tribe
- Demon Sword of Destroyer Calamity Crawling the Earth - a short sword enchanted with a sublimated earth element magic circle. It could be used to create a barrier using the surrounding earth.
- Heaven Destroying Sword of Brilliant Lightning Flame - a short sword enchanted with a sublimated flame element magic circle to assist in escape. It could create a flame snake that randomly moves around to make the area fall and be surrounded with flames. It is also possible to do a lightning version of the attack and to instantly activate two elements of magic for escaping or assisting in battle.
- Heavenly Eye - a pair of sunglasses that have been enchanted with “Lightspeed” and “Foresight" enable Kousuke to evade most attacks.
- Rakshasa Black Hand of Second Advent and Rejection - a pair of fingerless gloves that converts magical power into shockwaves. It is also imbued with regeneration magic in order to repair itself from the recoil of the shockwaves it creats. It was named by Lana Haulia.
- Light Severance Thousand Blades - twelves kunai that can lay out space isolation defensive walls by making each other as a fulcrum. They flow freely using gravity magic and can accomplish space teleportation by replacing their position with the user. It was named by Par Haulia.
- Staking the Pride of a Villager - a crystal pendulum in the shape of a 5 yen coin. It is imbued with spirit magic and allows Kousuke to hypnotize anyone and make them obey his commands.
- Last Zell - a red gem that grants its user the skill "Limit Break".
Powers & Abilities
Kousuke's vocation as Assassin gives him an ability that allow him to hide his presence and move quick. Later, after obtaining the Age of the God's gravity magic and awaken skill Abyss Lord, he becomes the strongest among his peers, excluding Hajime and his harem. Nonetheless, all Hajime's wives (excluding Aiko, Remia and Liliana) would still have to go all out from the start while either being willing to completely destroy their surroundings or being willing to get injured to defeat him, further highlighting Kousukes' abilities and why he is Hajime's right hand man.
- Thin Presence (Thin Shadow) - An ability that he has always had ever since birth that makes it difficult to notice him under normal circumstances.
Combat Abilities & Techniques
- Assassination Technique
- Dagger Art
- Throwing Art
- Hidden Weapon Art
- Transmission Wave - an ability to strain one’s ear to pick up vibrations in the air, or in the wall, to listen to conversations from someplace a good distance away.
- Escape Art - a skill that gives aptitude correction to magic if it was used for escape.
- Abyss Lord - a skill that had the effect of a gradual "Limit Break". It didn’t raise his stats explosively like Limit Break, but rather strengthens all his specs little by little while the skill was activated. Furthermore, while being different from Limit Break, this skill doesn’t have the normal side effect of strong lethargy after use. The skill is divided into five depth levels from 'Depth I' to 'Depth V', with each depth mean certain level of stats boosts. In order reach a certain depth level the skill must be activated for a proportional amount of time. Once the user reach a desired depth, that depth can activated anytime.
There is a demerit to the "Abyss Lord" skill. While it was activated, the user’s speech and conduct would be forcefully be made into a flawless chūni. Furthermore, while the activation of the skill was essentially possible by the user’s discretionary, but it's possible for the skill to get activated on its own without the user’s discretion.
- Presence Manipulation - the user can manipulate the presence of oneself by making their presence disappear.
- Presence Isolation - different from Hajime's "Hide Presence", this skill allows the user to completely erase their presence.
- Phantom Step - a skill that leaves behind a presence with an afterimage piled up on oneself to blur one’s own figure.
- Dream Illusion III - a skill that produces up to three illusionary clones of oneself.
- Clarity Phantom - a skill that gives substance to the clone.
- Minimum Mind - an invisibility assistance skill. While the user is invisible, this skill would make the user’s breathing, heartbeat, presence, and even the fluctuation of the mind, and so on, to be in a flat state.
- Shadow Dance - a skill that allows the user to run on walls. It can’t let the user stand still on a wall, but as long as the user has momentum, they can continue to run on walls.
- Water Dance - a skill that lets the user walk over the water.
- Leave Dance - a skill thats let the user use things like leaves that were falling in the air as instant footholds for jumping.
- Gravity Magic - one of the "Ancient Magics" originating from the "Age of God", it gives the user control over gravity. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the energy of star', and just not gravity. Theoretically, it could also interfere with things like earth vein or terrestrial heat, bedrock or magma; and it isn’t impossible to use this magic to purposefully generate earthquake or volcano eruption.
- Language Comprehension - a base skill granted to all those who got summoned. It gives the user the ability to understand any language and be proficient in it.
- Black Vortex - a basic spell that uses gravity magic to creates a gravitational field around either the caster or a nearby target by touching it. It alters gravity's hold on the target to make them lighter or heavier.
- Demolish Yoke - a spell that causes the target to be unaffected by gravity and float mid-air.
- Black Heaven Suffering - the most powerful form of gravity magic.
Kousuke's stats as per "Web Novel - Chapter 199 (After Story)"
- The base stats given above aren't Kousuke's current stats, as the last time the author provided stats for him in the Web Novel was during the 'Berserk Incident' in the "After Story".
- Kousuke's base stats gets increased based on his usage of Derivative-Skill "Abyss Lord", which has an effect similar to "Limit Break", but rather than explosively increasing the user stat, it gradually increased them depending on how long the skill is active.
- Eiji Endou - Kousuke's father who works at the City Hall's Population Department. Tends to forget Kousuke's existence sometimes and worry about his younger son's future.
- Misato Endou - Kousuke's mother who works at the City Hall's Municipal Tax Department. Tends to forget Kousuke's existence sometimes and worry about her younger son's future.
- Sousuke Endou - Kousuke's older brother, a university student. He is jealous that his younger brother had managed to get a girlfriend, and is on his way to even getting a harem; while his own history of not having a girlfriend equal to his age.
- Manami Endou - Kousuke's younger sister, a middle school student and a Soul Sister. She is sort of an otaku, and is really excited at the aspect of his older brother getting a harem. However, she conflict that Kousuke works for Hajime, who is the Soul Sister sworn enemy.
- Jugo Nagayama - one of Kousuke's friends. Even though he has known Kousuke for ages, he still can't perceive him, and tend to forget about his existence even though he is near him.
- Kentarou Nomura - one of Kousuke's friends. Even though he has known Kousuke for ages, he still can't perceive him, and tend to forget about his existence even though he is near him.
- Hajime Nagumo - though Kousuke didn't used to have much interaction with him before the 'Summoning Incident', he was still affected by Hajime's supposed death in Great Orcus Labyrinth. But after learning that he was alive, and about his journey and how he overcame odds, Kousuke started to have respect towards him, especially after Hajime helped him rescue his friends who were ambushed in the Great Orcus Labyrinth. Later on, after the climactic battle, as Kousuke was entranced by Lana, he went on to ask her out, and after countless attempts, Lana gave him the condition of clearing a Great Labyrinth and landing one hit on their Boss aka., Hajime, before she would consider going out with him. Kousuke managed to achieve both of them, and since then Hajime had respect for him.
After the students returns back to Japan, Kousuke becomes the only member of the Returnee's group who stayed active and did various work for and with Hajime in order to protect and manage the safety of everyone close to him.
Because of Lana's nature of wanting to gather 7 wives for Kousuke, and the fact that the "Abyss Lord" powers of Kousuke turned him into a chūni, Hajime started to have a really close relationship with Kousuke and even considering him as a 'bosom friend'. Hajime had also started to egg Lana on her quest for a harem for Kousuke, which has resulted in many complicated situation for Kousuke.
- Lana Haulia - Kousuke's fiancée. She is one of the few people who manages to perceive Kousuke, even after when he uses all of his skills to hide his presences. This causes Kousuke to fall in love with her during climactic battle. At first, he is rejected successively, but after seeing his determination, in order to hide her shyness, she presents him with a condition that if he can clear a Great Labyrinth and manage to at least put a scratch on Hajime, she will consider going go out with him, which he eventually succeeds in doing. This causes her to accept Kousuke wholly, and because of his strength, Kousuke gets elected as the next clan leader for the Haulia. Because of his future position, Lana has adamantly decided to create a harem of seven wives for Kousuke, and is looking around the world to find them. She also considers herself as the reason who created Kousuke's "Abyssgate" persona.
- Emily Grant - Emily falls in love with Kousuke after going through much trouble involving a special drug she created. She entered Kousuke's harem by Lana, despite the fact he doesn't want her to.
- Vanessa Paradis - An agent from Britain's security bureau responsible for Emily's safety. She becomes infatuated with Kousuke and enters his harem by Lana and declares herself his third wife.
- Claudia Barenberg - A saint from a secret organization "Omnibus" that is located in the Vatican City. She is hunted by a powerful demon who wants to use her body to aid in his rebirth. After the demon is defeated, she confesses her feelings to Kousuke, much to the shock of Emily. She is one of the few people that is able to perceive Kousuke at all times.
- Kousuke face hasn't been properly revealed in any adaptation that he has appeared in. Whenever he is focused, his face is always shown to be hidden because of some reason. This has become a recurring joke in the series.
- He is the only known member of his class to successfully complete a labyrinth single-handedly.