|This article is a stub. Please help "Arifureta" Fandom Wikia by expanding it.|
The Holy Church (
The Holy Church followed a doctrine that stated humans were above all other species, and preached that humans should reign supreme. Those who were discovered to have the power to use Ancient Magic from the age of the gods, or special magic that only monsters could use, were once considered to be god’s descendants and taken under its protection. Anyone caught insulting the Holy Church would be decried a heretic and immediately be executed. Anyone that would protect them would also be considered a heretic.
The main purpose of the Holy Church was to manipulate the humans of Tortus for Ehit's twisted game. Because of this, most (if not all) conflicts in Tortus's history were caused by the Holy Church under Ehit's order. This includes the suffering and near extinguish of many races such as the beastmen, vampires and dragonmen races. They would likewise enforce their control over everyone on Tortus, not allowing anyone who's extremely powerful to live outside of their dominance. This is shown when they declared Hajime Nagumo and his party heretic because he wouldn't follow their orders, even thus they saved countless lives already (including the Hero Party).
Many of the high ranking members of the Holy Church were extremely devoted to Ehit to the point where they came off as deranged in some cases. When it's for the sake of Ehit, they wouldn't hesitate to threaten or even murder innocent humans, as shown when Bishop Forbin threaten to kill everyone in Ankaji when Lanzi refused to allow the Holy Church to kill Hajime and his party. Even worse, during the demon invasion on Heiligh Kingdom, all the high ranking members of the church chose to abandoned the kingdom during the invasion because Ehit supported it. While there have been some who spoke out against the Church's teaching among it ranks (such as Simon), they are usually banished under the church's authority. During the war, the Church's temple was destroyed by both Tio and Aiko purposely killing the pope and his bishops within the destruction of the temple.
After the truth was the exposed, the church no longer continued its worshiping Ehit for his cruelty and mistreatment towards Humans and toying with their lives which would led them to their deaths. While the aftermath of not worshiping Ehit anymore, they've no longer carrying their decree of considering beastsmen as a so-called "inferior" race. They're now worshiping Aiko Hatayama as their "goddess of victory".
The Holy Church was the dominant authority throughout the northern section of Tortus, which was populated by humans. They would have a cathedral built in each major city of every human nation.
The Templar Knights were the church’s regular army. They were split into four divisions during the age of the Liberators. Members of the Templar Knights who showed exceptional promise were promoted to one of the orders that comprised the "Three Pillars of Radiance". The first order was the Paladins; which was responsible for guarding the pope and other important religious figures. Though they were the smallest of the orders, each member of the Paladins possessed powerful special magic that could rival even ancient magic. The second order was the Paragons of Light. They were in charge of capturing, taming, and raising the powerful beasts that the other orders used as mounts. They were the weakest of the three pillars, but also the most versatile. The third order was the Holy Templar Knights. They were the most powerful and had roughly 300 members. They were described as the "incarnation of God's will", and were only active whenever they would receive Ehit's decree.
- Pope - The leader of the Holy Church.
- Divine Priestess/Oracle - Someone who had received a revelation directly from Ehit. They were among the highest ranked members of the Holy Church. They held no direct political power, but their influence was as great as the pope’s.
- Cardinal - A high-ranking position that was held by four people at any given time.
- Archbishop - A high-ranking position that was held by seven people at any given time.
- Bishop - A high-ranking position that was held by thirty people at any given time.
- Templar Knight - The elite group of soldiers who swore loyalty to the Holy Church.
- Inquisitor - A position that involved the investigating and interrogation of suspected heretics.
- Nun - A common position that is held by women. Many of the nuns are actually Ehit's Apostles in disguise.
- The Holy Church is currently the only known organization that has existed in both the Main and Zero series timelines.
- Many members of the church are named after various demons from Earth mythology.