|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
I'll protect you, and you'll protect me. As long as we watch each other's backs, we'll be stronger than anyone. We'll beat down anyone who stands against us and burst our way out of this shitty world!
Being called "incompetent" and later betrayed by one of his classmates, Hajime falls into the abyss where his journey to become the strongest begins.
Hajime at the beginning of the story is said to have black hair and also has a slim body. He also had a kind face and attitude. But after falling into the abyss and eating the wolf-like monster, his body begun dying. When he drank the sacred water, it made his body heal, destroying the bones and muscles, then healing over and over again until he got a very buff body called "overcompensation". Due to the stress of breaking and healing, his hair turned white, a condition called Marie Antoinette syndrome. His eyes also turned red and his body gained tattoo-like red veins, which is the sign of him becoming a demonic monster similar to the monster's he ate which allowed free use of magic without chants.
In the after-story his appearance has reverted back to before he and his classmates were summoned to Tortus due to Kaori's regeneration magic though he decides to keep mechanical arm and devil eye (disguised as a real arm and real eye).
He was originally a weak and average person with a timid and tolerant personality, but with an extremely kind and gentle heart. While a bit of a "Herbivore", he had a special type of bravery and strength of heart that would allow him to sacrifice his own dignity and well being to protect a child from harm even though he was against great odds. Kaori had noted that it would be easy to be a hero to fight against evil if one were already strong, but it takes true strength to go against evil if one knows that they are weak. This strength of heart is evidenced by his ability to keep calm when his class faced perilous dangers by a Behemoth, while Kouki had momentarily stood paralyzed by fear until snapped out of it by Hajime. He had a Motto of "Hobbies First" and would put his hobbies over everything else despite ridicule by his peers.
After the betrayal of a classmate and falling in into an abyss, he began his descent to madness. The fear of dying and the pain of losing his arm coupled with days of starvation pushed him over the edge. His iron forged will to survive had made him become extremely ruthless and capable of killing any person who wants to cause him misfortune or get in his way. He would also smile in front of danger which made Shea call him a new species of monster called "Predator". He may be merciless, but he deeply cares for his comrades which is the last and only fragment of his lost kindness. As the series progresses, Hajime eventually does prove himself willing to help the helpless (particularly if his companions coax him into it), though he continues to demonstrate a cold demeanor about the whole thing. His methods, however, are usually pragmatic (frequently to the point of brutality), and he is stubbornly resistant to guilt trips and appeals to his moral compass (as Kouki Amanogawa repeatedly encounters, and refuses to acknowledge).
During the Shunee Great Labyrinth, its revealed that he has some doubts of whether or not he can live in Japan due to how strong he became and was scared of being referred to as a monster. Although unlike others that would be distracted by the labyrinth's trials that induce doubt, Hajime learned to power through it and just ignore it.
Powers & Abilities
- Mystical Mutation: In Orcus Dungeon, Hajime devoured numerous powerful Demonic Beasts, managed to survive the lethal process due to the Holy Water and his iron forged will, as a result, Hajime's constitution was mutated by the magic of the Demonic Beasts granting him a tremendously high status, even breaking pass the level 100 limit of his status.
- Immense Strength: After continuously devouring many powerful Demonic Beasts, by the end of conquering the Orcus Dungeon, Hajime gained tremendous superhuman physical power that is completely monstrous. Even without resorting to weapons, he can overpower the strongest humans and beastmen with pure physical might.
- Immense Speed: Hajime's speed and reflexes has also been augmented to be extremely formidable, supplemented with his speed oriented skills, making it impossible for most enemies to detect his movements in battle.
- Genius Intellect: While his intellectual ability in academic studies is average. Hajime has proved himself to be an extremely clever genius in engineering. He has immense scientific knowledge which was self-taught from manga, anime, movies and video games.
- Master Inventor: Hajime is an extremely resourceful and innovative inventor, combining his scientific knowledge learned from countless manga, anime and movies with his transmutation skill to create various powerful weapons and other advanced magic powered machinery.
- Master Craftsman: Hajime has trained his craftsmanship as a Synergist to uttermost perfection, due to his earliest attempts to create modern firearms which are extremely difficult to create in comparison to swords and armours, eventually succeed after countless trial and error. With unrivalled precision and dexterity in his craftsmanship, Hajime became an outstanding master gunsmith. Combined with Age of God's Creation Magic, Hajime can create technomagical artillery of tremendous power. In addition to guns, Hajime can also apply his skills into crafting melee weapons of the highest quality including refining them to be much more powerful as well as perfectly repair ancient artefacts. Hajime's masterpieces as a Synergist include his signature revolvers Donner and Schlag, Shizuku Yaegashi's Black Katana, Shea Haulia's Drucken War Hammer and Suzu Taniguchi's Tessen Folding Fans.
- Master Tactician: Hajime is an extremely pragmatic tactician, relying on unorthodox yet extraordinary strategies allow him to outsmart most enemies including the God Apostle Noint. He managed to come up with a cunning lie that deceived most humans to turn against the God Ehit.
- Master Marksman: Hajime has outstanding marksmanship in dual wielding his dual revolvers, Donner and Schlag to destroy large numbers of powerful enemies in quick succession.
- Master Hand to Hand Combatant: Hajime trained extremely extensively to incorporate kicks into his fighting style, which he combined with his monstrous superhuman physical prowess and leg enhancement skills allowing him to overpower his enemies without any effort. The most prominent of his unarmed skill is when he brutally overpowered Hiyama Daisuke, a summoned Hero with overpowered cheat abilities without resorting to his guns.
Combat Styles & Techniques
- Gun Fu - is a martial arts where the user uses firearms to fight.
- Polygonal Shot - Hajime shot's a bullet that ricochets.
- Shotgun punch - an attack where he uses a shotgun on his prosthetic arm's to make his punch stronger.
- Oscillation Smash/Fracture - an arm thrust at high speed that is capable of pulverizing a large boulder in a single blow using the prosthetic arm.
- Pursuit - magic that allows anything thrown by the user to become a homing object.
- Weaver Stance - Hajime's right arm thrust straight forward and left arm’s elbow slightly bent. His feet, one positioned forward and one backwards. It was the shooting posture, the pose to accurately fire Donner.
- 108 Harassment Demon king-style : it is one of the harassment style developed by Hajime after the battle with the Ehit in order to deal with the problem. there are total 108 harassment style but only few them, are revealed so far.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - The Demon King is So Red Like
The metal dust that had invaded into the body penetrated until inside the blood vessel, shredding the target from inside. If Hajime wanted, he could also use the crow type artifact "Ornis" as relay point to adjust the dust using "Convergence Transmutation", making the metal dust inside the body to react and give intense pain without killing the target. By the way, the crimson light was optional! The metal dust was clad with crimson light, becoming heavy fog that covered the world. The living organism inside that territory would have the inside of their body within the grasp of the demon king, at the same time their right to live or die was also wrestled away from them.
- 108 harassment demon king-style - "Gag Bullet"
"Gag Bullet" even though the impact was terrific, by using regeneration magic the target would be able to stand up again in three seconds as though nothing had happened, it was a bullet to make gag situation in real life
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - Welcome to My Battlefield
(The classmate's naming => You cannot escape from the demon king-sama!) It was a simple harassment done by simply making several hundreds Cross Velts laying out super wide range space isolation type barrier. the space in a radius of three kilometer around Hajime as well as until the height of three kilometer was completely isolated.
- 108 harassment demon king-style - "everyone died here you know"
it was first used when the illegal agents of a certain country in earth tried to make a move against the returnees. At that time, Shinji and Yoshiki who carelessly entered the range kept yelling? Let us out~, let us out from here~? while hitting on the invisible wall. With the cooperation of Tio who was the best in using metamorphosis magic, Hajime succeeded in developing the Grim Reaper - Bio Hazard version that he was completely fixated upon. And he released them inside the barrier at that time, so the two's reaction was understandable. The Tyrant was especially popular. To the degree that several people completely lost their SAN value.
- 108 Harassment Demon King Style - I won’t say just once, want to try dying no matter how many times?
This harassment is carried out with the help of bel Agartha , were Hajime would kill the target then revive him with bel Agartha and then kill him again, repeating this process over and over again until the target surrender himself.
- 108 Harassment Demon King Style - “Peek-a-Demon King!”
It a small trick carried out by Hajime using space isolation to completely isolate his presence , and amplified presence within isolate space using Coercion, after space Isolation was dispelled. What appeared was a bursting crimson magic power with the Hajime grinning widely at the center.
- 108 Harassment Demon King Style - Maou-san’s Phone Call
Hajime uses super small golems while using telepathy to forcefully make the listener have the experience of something gradually approaching, and amplifying their sense of fear using spirit magic.
- 108 Harassment Demon King Style - From Today You Too Are Haulia
Harassment Hajime uses by using an artifact that reproduces a pseudo “Divine Statement” by applying and enchanting spirit magic. which makes it's target’s act chuuni for a period of time.
- 108 Harassment Demon King Style - Wish Upon a Star
He pounded countless random Meteor Impacts from outside the stratosphere to attack the target mercilessly. The trajectory and speed of the meteors are adjusted using gravity control, turning all of them into a suitable meteor shower before ending it with a final super giant meteor. It was said that if a mistake was made this harassment could even made the planet totally broken.
- Transmute - The base skill of the "Synergist" Job class. It allows the user to control, transform and manipulate any kind of ores, minerals or materials in any way or shape the user desires. In order to Transmute any object, the user has to be in contact with the object within the maximum range of 3 meters.
- Ore Appraisal/Mineral Appraisal - Allows the user to identity and understand the basic structure of ores, minerals and materials. In some cases, properties like magical affinity or hardness of the ore or mineral is also notified in numerical range of "1" (weakest) to "10" (hardest).
- Precision Transmutation/Precise Transmute - Increases the precision of transmutations.
- Ore Perception/Mineral Probe - Allows the user to sense and locate any kind of ores, minerals and materials within a certain range.
- Ore Desynthesis/Mineral Isolation - Allows separation of ores and minerals.
- Ore Synthesis/Mineral Fusion - Allows fusion of ores and minerals into alloys.
- Duplicate Transmutation - Allows the user to create duplicates of an already existing transmuted object or item. Its possible to also replicate an item created by someone else.
- Compression Synthesis - Allows compression of transmuted items
- Composition by Imagination - Magic circle can be completely made just by imagining it.
- Manipulation - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows direct manipulation of Mana without the need for a Magic Circle or Incantations.
- Mana Discharge - Allows user to focus and emit Mana from their body.
- Mana Compression - Allows the user to compress and expel Mana.
- Remote Manipulation - Allows the user to control the emitted Mana.
- Iron Stomach - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to withstand the side-effects of consuming Monster Meat by mutating the body to adapt to it. If the monster's strength and ability is equal or higher than the user, then the user will gain the power and Skills of the Monster consumed.
- Lightning Field - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to produce an electrical/lightning field from their own body. Can't be expelled directly from the body, but redirected external if proper conduction is used.
- Air Dance/Air Walk - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increases the base reaction speed of the user, and the ability to move at high speed.
- Aerodynamic/Aerodynamics - Allows the user to create small barrier-like plates of compressed air under their feet, to use as foothold to move around in the air.
- Supersonic Step/Flash Step/Quick Step - Allows quick high-speed movement.
- Steel Legs - Allows the user to reinforce their legs and increase the power and strength of their kicks.
- Riftwalk - The final derivative of the "Air Dance" Skill. Allows the user to move at extreme high-speed, and increases the ability of all the five senses to the maximum to allow better focus and process all information easily while in extreme high-speed mode.
- Gale Claw/Spirit Claw - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). It allows the user to create pressurized blades of wind/mana upon an object to attack at close range. The blades are really sharp enough to cut through almost anything. Hajime usually lays this skill upon his Guns for close-quarter combat.
- Night Vision - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows better vision in dark or night conditions.
- Far Sight - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows increased range of vision by focusing mana into the eyes.
- Sense Presence - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to gain a better understanding of the surrounding and sense life signs along with being able to sense beings who can utilize basic camouflage abilities. Has a range about 10 meters radius.
- Precision Sensing - Allows focused target search and tracking.
- Detect Magic - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to detect and perceive the flow of Mana and activation of hidden or ranged Spells and Magic.
- Precision Sensing - Allows focused target search and tracking.
- Sense Heat - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to track and detect heat emitted around. Helpful in tracking warm-blooded creatures.
- Precision Sensing - Allows focused target search and tracking.
- Hide Presence - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to hide/mask their own presence, to avoid tracking and detection by others.
- Illusion Waltz - Allows the user to leave behind after-images while masking their own presence.
- Poison Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to poison status.
- Paralysis Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to paralysis status.
- Petrification Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to petrification status.
- Fear Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to fear or panic status.
- Elemental Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to magical elements to a certain degree.
- Foresight - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows user to predict and perceive the movements of the opponent.
- Diamond Skin - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Coats the users body in a hardened shell of Mana, which increases the users defenses and protects them from all attacks to a certain degree. The hardened shell of Mana has of a diamond patterned structure, hence the name.
- Steel Arms - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to reinforce their arms and increase the power and strength of their punches, elbows, chops and etc.
- Intimidate - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to cast Fear or Panic status to beings around, by amplifying the users presence proportional to the amount of magic used to active the skill.
- Telepathy - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to communicate with others by transfernce of thoughts in from their mind. Has a limited range.
- Tracking - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to mark places or beings using their own Mana and track them. Helpful to maps or get the general idea of a different region, than the users current location.
- Increased Mana Recovery - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increases the Mana recovery rate of the user.
- Mana Conversion - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to convert Mana into stat bonus for a certain period of time, thus allowing them to boost their own strength.
- Stamina - Converts Mana into Stamina.
- Healing - Converts Mana to boost natural self-healing rate.
- Limit Break - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to temporarily boosts their base stats by three times of normal for a limited period of time. But has a risk of leaving the user seriously fatigued after the duration is over. Also repeated usage of the skill could damage the body of the user.
- Creation Magic - (This skill was gained by completing the Orcus Labyrinth Challenge). One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which grants control over any object, structure (be it physical or magical) or mineral, allowing the user to shape or transform them in anyway they wish. It is the only form of Magic which allows the creation of an "Artifact". The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any inorganic material'.
Hajime has high compatibility with this magic.
- Gravity Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", it gives the user control over gravity. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the energy of star', and just not gravity. Theoretically, it could also interfere with things like earth vein or terrestrial heat, bedrock or magma; and it isn’t impossible to use this magic to purposefully generate earthquake or volcano eruption.
- Spatial Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", it allows the user to manipulate the space around themselves, allowing them to either bend or expand the space near them or move themselves to another space or location. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the boundary'. Meaning it can allow the user to manipulate anything, like the elimination of race-creature gap, or formulating new boundary to create a spirit world; it's possible to achieve those kinds of things.
- Restoration Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to restore the state of anything to either its previous or original condition. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the time', meaning it has the ability to manipulate the time of anything, anyplace or anyone to a point the user desires to.
- Spirit Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to manipulate the soul of a living being directly. It's possible to revive a living being back from the dead (time restriction applicable), or transfer the soul of a living being from one body to another, or even into a non-physical body as well, practically granting any living being immortality. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the negative material possessed by living thing'. To be more specific, this magic could also interfere with things like energy inside the body that was magic power, heat, electricity, then thought, consciousness, memory. Those who have mastery over this magic can even create an artificial consciousness, and allow it to inhabit any body they wish.
- Evolution Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to enhance or evolve all other forms of power, be it strong or weak. It can work on even other "Ancient Magic" as well, boosting their power and scope. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the information about existing things'. This magic enhanced or evolved an ability or power by a stage of 1, by interfering with the targets information, and the increased it one-by-one stage.
- Metamorphosis Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows a user to remake the form of a normal being and reform them into a different form. Normally it's used to remake a normal organism and turn it into a monster, or even manipulate the magic stone of a monster and remake them. But the true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any organic material'. Meaning not only animals, but its also possible to remake plants or intelligent beings, and reform their structure as needed. Even byproducts of organic material, like paper or food, can also be manipulated by this magic. The magic stone which gets created during the process is just a byproduct of the process.
- Concept Magic - it is a form of "Ancient Magic art" which is a combination of many other ancient magic, the main ability of Concept magic is that allows one to interfere with the laws of the world and impress concepts upon it. By raising up a powerful wish or desire with Spirit Magic and Evolution Magic, it can be raised to a level of a concept before being forcefully materialized with magical power. However, since the user's desire at of the time of use, is used as the base of the magic, to raise up and create the concept, the spell may not remain stable in subsequent uses, thus a single spell can only be used once under most circumstances. However if the desire is still needed, it can be used more than once, like in the case of Hajime's crystal key which had the concept of "I want to return home" in it, was destroyed by Ehit he was still able to recreate the crystal key again because his desire of wanting to return home was still there. It should be noted however that concept magic requires the user to concentrate on raising up their wish in order to materialize the concept, as such it wouldn't be useful in a battle where the user is under attack. Also, some concepts aren't possible to materialize by the user on their own, for example, Hajime could only make degraded versions of the crystal key without Yue.
- Language Comprehension - A base skill granted to all those who got Summoned. It gives the user the ability to understand any language and be proficient in it.
- Deny All Existences - A "Concept magic" created by Hajime, through Evolution magic, overwrites other's information from "Exist" to "Non-Exist" and fill it into thin thread-like chains created with transmutation. Everything that touched by the chain will be erased and feel a great agony and pain even if the target should not feel any pain.
Before the "Fall"
Hajime's base stats growth rate before his "fall" in Orcus Labyrinth.
|Level||Strength||Vitality||Defense||Agility||Magic||Magic Defense||"as per"|
|1||10||10||10||10||10||10||LN - Volume 01|
After the "Fall"
Hajime's base stats growth rate after his "fall" in Orcus Labyrinth, and by consuming monsters.
|"as per"||Light Novel - Volume 01||WN - ch122|
- The base stats given above aren't Hajime's current stats, as the last time the author provided stats for him in the Web Novel was before he acquired "Evolution Magic" from the Haltina's Labyrinth.
- Hajime's base stats gets increased based on his usage of Skills "Limit Break" which triples his base stats, and "Overload" which quintuples his base stats. He can also further boost his base stats, with the help of "Evolution Magic" and by using a mineral supplement drink which he created, named "CheatMate" that has the ability to double a persons base stats.
- (To Ilwa Chang): "A piece of paper can be a good shield if you use it right. My job’s Synergist, you know? My duty is to make sure anything that can be useful is made useful. Don’t worry, I’ll make good use of your support."
- (To Daisuke Hiyama): "Don’t pin the blame on other people. You’re the one who decided to stoop to this level. Both here and in Japan, you’ve always been the loser. You didn’t lose to other people. You’ve lost to yourself. You never once tried to take responsibility for anything. All you ever did was sit on the sidelines and insult everyone else, when the real loser was always you."
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): "If I have power, I should use it for justice? It’s because you think like that that you always end up messing up when it really matters. Personally, I think power should be wielded with a clear intent. You don’t do something because you have the power to. It’s because you want to do something that you obtain the power necessary to achieve it. If you really think you’re obligated to do things just because you have the strength to, then for you, strength is nothing more than a curse. You lack resolve, Amanogawa. Anyway, I’m not going to argue with you about the path I’ve chosen. If you keep pissing me off I’ll send you flying out of here like I did with Hiyama."
- Hajime's last name means "south cloud" (南雲).
- Most of Hajime's inventions are named in German.
- Hajime's inventions are based from the anime he watched.
- He is quite sensitive to be called a Chuunibyou and a Tsundere.
- Due to his mutation and due to drinking with his father before his transfer to Tortus , Hajime is immune to the effects of alcohol.
- He has been compared to Naofumi Iwatani from The Rising of the Shield Hero.
- His appearance looks very similar to Najenda from Akame Ga Kill!.