|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
Before his mutation and after being called incompetent human and betrayed by one of his classmates, Hajime falls into the abyss where his journey to become the strongest begins when consumed the monsters' meat and mutated himself into a strongest monster himself but nonetheless turn into a ruthless and sadistic murderer as well as no longer being a human anymore.
In the beginning of the story, Hajime had black hair, brown eyes, and a slim body type. He also had a kind face and attitude. After falling into the abyss and eating the twin-tailed wolf monster, his body began to wither away. After he drank the ambrosia in the abyss to counter the effects of the monster meat, his body began to heal and grow stronger in the process. Due to the stress of this repeated revitalization, his hair turned white, a condition called Marie Antoinette syndrome. His eyes also turned red and his body gained tattoo-like red veins and as well as his normal red blood cells turn into a purple spiked blood cells, a sign of becoming a demonic monster. These red marks also grant Hajime the ability to use magic without needing to use chants or incantations. He also grew 10 cm in height and gained a muscular, toned figure. The huge change in his appearance (along with his personality and abilities) made it difficult for those who knew Hajime before to recognize him at first, only recognizing him because of his voice and facial features (and that's only after taking a closer look).
Shorty after falling into the abyss, Hajime lost his left arm to the Claw Bear on the first floor. He would later lose his right eye during his battle against the Hydra. After completing the Great Orcus Labyrinth and gaining creation magic, Hajime would replace them with a mechanical arm and an Artifact called the Demon Eye, respectively.
Hajime's adventure outfit consists of a black coat with crimson lining as well as a grey blazer and a white shirt underneath it with a cravat tied around his neck. He wears black pants that have gun holsters attached to them as well as black boots similar of a italian gangster styled suits.
After he returned to Earth, Hajime's hair is reverted back to their original color due to Kaori's restoration magic. He decides, however, to keep his mechanical arm and demon eye, which are disguised to look like his original arm and eye to keep his secret from the general public.
Hajime was originally a weak and average human with a timid and tolerant personality but with an extremely kind and gentle heart. While mild-mannered, he has a special type of bravery and strength of heart that would allow him to sacrifice his own dignity and well-being to protect a child from harm. Kaori noted that it would be easy to be a hero to fight against evil if one were already strong, but it takes true strength to go against evil if one knows that they are weak. His strength of heart is evident by his ability to keep calm when his class faced perilous dangers from a Behemoth, while Kouki had momentarily stood paralyzed by fear until being snapped out of it by Hajime. He had a Motto of "Hobbies First" and would put his hobbies over everything else despite ridicule by his peers. He was also considered mature. He was lazy at school. He wasn't studying or doing sports.
I'll protect you, and you'll protect me. As long as we watch each other's backs, we'll be stronger than anyone. We'll beat down anyone who stands against us and burst our way out of this shitty world!
Ruthlessness and Sadism
After the betrayal of a classmate and the fall into the abyss, Hajime begins his descent into madness. The fear of dying and the pain of losing his arm coupled with days of starvation pushed him over the edge. His iron forged will to survive made him extremely ruthless, brutal, uncaring, unstable and a sadistic murderer capable of killing anyone or anything that gets in his way, and he outright stated that he would mass murder all the Humans and Demons and even destroy Tortus itself if he had to and would show absolutely no mercy even towards his own classmates if they dared to cross him or harm his companions.
He proved this by ruthlessly brutalizing Daisuke Hiyama during his fight with him by thrashing him with punches and kicks, breaking his bones, and damaging several internal organs for both trying to kill him by throwing him into the abyss, and attempting to make Kaori his undead sex slave in front of them. For Hiyama's insolence, Hajime also has no qualms about letting monsters devour him alive, an act that traumatized most of his former classmates and made them truly terrified of Hajime despite the fact he had saved them from Eri's death trap. Even Shizuku and Aiko acknowledged that they would be slaughtered by Hajime if they were to attack him at the instigation of Heiligh Kingdom and the Holy Church.
Due to his ruthlessness and sadism, Hajime is a very violent and sadistic brute who has no qualms or remorse when he inflicts pain and make his victims suffer in weep and wail as he had suffered before killing them. When interrogating, Hajime tortures his enemies to force them to submit and give him answers, as he did to Cattleya by shooting her in both of her legs before ended her with a headshot after their conversation ended, or when he tormented Eri and made her suffer agonies worse than what her family did to her while disregarding her motivations or reasons for becoming a traitor. Hajime's ruthlessness extends to make people who say Yue's name without honorifics suffer in a worse cast, like when Kouki did so. When Yue was captured and possessed by Ehit, Hajime tortured Alv in a small cage to force him to give him Yue's location before he ruthlessly killing the so-called "god of demons". In his second fight against Kouki, Hajime brutalized the so-called "Hero" easily for his ignorance because Kouki is still much weaker than him even with "Limit Break" and combining with his doppelgänger.
If one of his companions is harmed by anyone, Hajime will not forgive them and shown his wrath by killing them as punishment that they've deserved when he simply murdered Hiyama for his temporarily murder on Kaori and his stubbornly betrayal.
Hajime's threats are so powerful and undeniable to those who are stupid enough to go up against him or harm his companions, he will kill them. Hajime has threatened Kouki countless times for continuously enforcing his delusions upon him and his companions, saying he will kill him just like he murdered Hiyama. Hajime threatened Freid he will kill him and the rest of his troops and erase Garland from existence if he doesn't retreat.
Hajime has also caused genocides, massacres, destruction and chaos centered around those who blindly worship the false god, Ehit.
Due to the hardships, anguishes, and agonies he suffered, Hajime developed a firm belief of independence and relying on one's own abilities to solve personal problems and overcoming obstacles as he had in order to escape the Orcus Dungeon when all of his classmates (with the exception of Kaori) believed he was already dead. Thus, when he was safeguarding Shea's family and clansmen, Hajime opted to train the Haulia Rabbitmen so that they can learn to be strong enough to protect themselves rather than continuing to protect them himself for an indefinite period. This newfound sense of independence also caused Hajime to refuse to do anything about Ehit's manipulation of the people of Tortus, stating to Miledi that it is their own problem to solve and he has no intention of risking his life for their well being as she and her fellow Liberators had, as well as outright refusing Chase's attempts to persuade him to rejoin them or at least teach the Heiligh Kingdom's Synergists how to manufacture firearms to aid them in their war efforts.
In Volume 6, when Kouki stated Hajime could convince him of Ehit's true nature as an Evil God by thoroughly explaining it several times, Hajime simply called Kouki stupid, fiercely criticizing him and his other classmate's delusional and naive beliefs that he himself must always risk life and limb to protect and help them simply because they are classmates, stating that because they keep holding onto such ridiculous idealistic thinking is what had allowed Eri and Hiyama to backstab them, nearly leading to their own deaths and also becoming zombified into Eri's undead puppets as Meld and Kondou had been. Hajime also told Shizuku to stop being so protective of Kouki, Ryuutaro and Suzu in the Shunee Great Labyrinth as they must learn to overcome their own trials by themselves in order to attain Age of God's Magic to realize their respective goals.
The strength his mutation gave him and gave Hajime a sense of confidence so strong Hajime considers people insane enough to think they could defeat him as he deemed them nothing more than weaklings and not worth the time, as he can defeat those who challenge him without any source of efforts or receiving any source of injury. This also causes him to not have any interests in pointless fights and useless challenges issued from those who he deemed to be weaker than him, such as when Hajime easily defeated Kouki twice, first when he challenged Hajime to an unarmed duel in his attempt to take Hajime's lovers by force and later when Kouki merged with his trial doppelgänger.
After returning to Japan, Hajime can easily pulverize anyone who dares challenge him and leave his victims to be humiliated such as the so-called "Soul Sisters" and the students of the Yaegashi Dojo who are an annoyance to one of his wives, Shizuku.
Despite his apparent ruthlessness, he deeply cares for his comrades which is the last and only fragment of his lost kindness. As the series progresses, Hajime eventually does prove himself willing to help the helpless, particularly if his companions coax him into it, though he continues to demonstrate a cold demeanor. His methods, however, are usually pragmatic, frequently to the point of brutality, and he is stubbornly resistant to guilt trips and appeals to his moral compass, as Kouki repeatedly encounters, and refuses to acknowledge.
During the Shunee Great Labyrinth, it's revealed that he has some doubts over whether or not he can live in Japan due to how strong he became and was scared of being referred to as a monster. Unlike other's who fall victim to the labyrinths doubt inducing traps, Hajime is able to endure the psychological torment.
As Kaori and Shizuku noted, despite his new found strength, confidence and courage, Hajime is always desperate to protect his comrades and to fight against any potential dangers that may befall him, a trait he has carried even before his fall into the Orcus Dungeon. Hajime is immensely cautious in all matters he handles, willing to take any possible precaution necessary to prevent even the slightest disadvantages from happening such as his absolute refusal to part with his technomagical firearms and artillery as shown in Volume 3 when More Nos wanted to buy his weapons or when Chase tried to persuade him to help the Heligh Kingdom mass produced firearms for their war due to knowing that with Ehit's absolute influence over the people of Tortus, giving up his weapons to the Holy Church and Heiligh Kingdom is an extremely risky mistake as he knows that they will all eventually become his enemies since Hajime is the only one who has learnt about Ehit's true nature and will definitely try to thwart his journey to return home by manipulating his worshipers to turn against him.
Hajime even went as far as to give Chase a death threat if he ever tried to steal Donner for the Heiligh Kingdom Synergists to reverse engineer and mass produce it much to the shock of Aiko and his classmates who were present. Hajime also took the opportunity to tell Aiko of what he learnt about Ehit in order to warn her firsthand and also to gain her help and support in warning his other classmates about it to minimize the chances of his classmates turning against him under Ehit's manipulation knowing that Aiko's popularity with her students will allow her to have a better chance at convincing them. Hajime also reluctantly agreed to Kouki's party members requests in supporting them to gain Age of God's Magic as a precaution in case he needed their help to fight against more of Ehit's Apostles. Hajime also admitted to Shizuku that he preferred resolving problems early rather than at the last minute before it went out of control, also lamenting that Kaori's murder and nearly becoming an undead slave by Hiyama's hands was traumatizing even for himself.
Though he is usually cold towards people he meets, he is not above showing respect and behaving courteously towards people he finds interesting. While he usually scoffs at figures in positions of authority and power, he is shown to express respect to authority figures that are competent, cunning and who are willing to help others such as Catherine Walker, Ilwa Chang and Lanzwi Feuward Zengen.
Hajime holds immense love for his family, having an unbreakable bond with his parents Shuu and Sumire, having also become an Otaku mainly due to their influence. Their last message to Hajime before he was summoned to Tortus is encouraging him to return home safely back to their side at all cost, even if it means abandoning his virtues and morality to become a mass murderer, genocidal and god killing destroyer, regardless of what mistakes he must make in the process of doing so, they will still forgive him is what drives Hajime's resolve to survive and conquer the Great Orcus Labyrinth as Hajime himself stated he would have given into despair and died had it not been for Shuu and Sumire. The main reason why Hajime refused to find and defeat Ehit to saved Tortus from the Evil God's malice is simply to go home and reunite with his parents which Shizuku had noted to Kouki, as all the painstaking efforts Hajime had spent to attain his current immense power from withstanding the agony of eating monsters to risking his life conquering the trials of the Great Labyrinths for Ancient Magic was solely for the sake of his family including the women of his harem.
While Hajime is usually blunt and cold to most people after his transformation and is not above expressing his annoyance with even those close to him, he is very spoiling towards his family as he would flirt with Yue and later his other wives without concern for his surroundings. Despite Hajime being against Myu calling him Papa, he quickly became a doting and overprotective father to her. Initially, Hajime had eyes only for Yue alone, eventually he began to also gradually reciporate the love of the other women of his harem such as Shea, Kaori, Tio and Shizuku though he acted neutral at first as he is willing to take Shea on a date in Volume 4 despite having not officially accepted her as his second girlfriend to make her happy and in Volume 7 was willing to postpone the conquest of the Haltina Labyrinth due to her worries for her father Cam and the other Haulia rabbitmen whom were captured by the Hoelscher Empire, and ultimately helped the Haulia tribe in liberating all of the enslaved Beastmen solely for Shea's sake.
At Kaori's request, Hajime also assist her in helping the Dukedom of Ankaji from their plague. Hajime does love Kaori when Kaori was possessed by an evil spirit in the Melusine Labyrinth, Hajime threatened to show the worst torments to the spirit for hurting Kaori, likewise when Kaori was murdered by Hiyama and nearly zombified by Eri into Hiyama's undead sex slave. Hajime was silently filled with immense rage, as he brutalize Hiyama and thrown him to be eaten alive by monsters and threaten Eri with tremendous fear and despair from a full blast Intimidation, being prepared to coldly execute her with a headshot had it not been for Hiyama and later Fried's interference. Hajime generously used his limited Ambrosia's supply to heal both Kouki and also Shizuku in Volume 9 and also saved Lilianna from being raped by Baius due to Kaori's close friendship with the latter three and also agreed to Suzu's request to give Eri a chance for redemption due to Kaori also pleading him to do so.
Hajime also sympathized with Tio's desire for vengeance against Ehit for the deaths of her parents and fellow Clansmen in past and offered to help Tio fight and slay Ehit to realize her clan's dream for Ehit's downfall despite his initial absolute refusal to do so. Stemming from his love for his wives, Hajime is very respectful to almost all of his family-in-laws, being more respectful and patient than how he is with his own birth parents, using polite language when talking with them.
Hajime will never let anyone take his harem or those who dare to lay a single finger on them even through pointless challenges from those who are stupid such as Kouki as he is protecting them and does anything and everything for them to become happy. While Kaori is traveling with him, Hajime started to regain his abandoned kindness slowly. After murdering Hiyama, Hajime gave his former classmates another chance to join him in clearing the remaining Labyrinths and to kill Ehit due to Suzu Taniguchi, Shizuku Yaegashi and Ryuutarou Sakagami's sincere pleas but kept his warning as he will not be their forgiving if they dare to cross him or harming his harems including Kaori. Hajime was touched by Ryutarou's begging to train him when he considered him as a friend. Hajime was generous enough to offer his classmates with new enhancements to their equipment which caused them to rush over to him as they had their weapons and equipment upgraded.
Despite his dislike for Tortus and having no concern for its people, Hajime nonetheless saves them for the sake of his harem. Hajime even gifted his greatest masterpieces to Shea (Drucken), Shizuku (Blade Blade) and Suzu (Twin Iron Fans). He also oblige to Suzu's request of giving resolves for Eri. He has no problem of carrying Shizuku while she is asleep. He was willing to bring his former classmates back with him to Japan after clearing the labyrinth and killed Ehit.
Hajime believes that a strong resolve and determination allows one to realize their goals rather than power and abilities; a feat he demonstrated when he, who was despised by the Holy Church, Heiligh Kingdom and his classmates as a completely useless weakling, was able to achieve the extremely difficult feat of conquering the Orcus Great Labyrinth.
Hajime does respect people with virtues and morality such as Shizuku, Kaori and Aiko, but he has absolutely no tolerance for people with empty idealism, delusional prides, emotional weaknesses or cowardice as he considered them all to be needless, pointless, and useless in survival in Tortus. This is most obviously shown with his various interactions with Kouki(the strongest member of the Hero Party), as he allowed his indecisiveness to kill Cattleya nearly got himself and his party killed in the Orcus Labyrinth. calling Kouki's ideals to be naive, delusional and stupid as his belief that fellow classmates are always obligated to help and protect each other which only enabled the traitorous idiot, Hiyama and the intelligent, Eri to betray the Hero Party without even noticing.
He is disdainful of misguided virtues such as Kouki's delusional sense of justice, especially his tendency to twist and interpret things to his own convenience. Therefore, when Kouki questioned Hajime's refusal to defeat Ehit and save Tortus, Hajime took the chance to criticize Kouki's weak resolve and will in his naive idealism by correctly pointing out that despite being blessed by Ehit as the strongest out of his classmates at the beginning, he keeps screwing up during desperate moments when it truly matters due to his indecisiveness such as Cattelya's ambush and Eri's death trap. Due to his pragmatic desire to return home, Hajime coldly refused to waste time and effort to abide by Kouki's delusions, such as not bothering to have warned Kouki about Ehit's schemes, which he knew Kouki would have refused to believe, or putting more effort in convincing him, even outright declaring to the latter he does not care about Kouki's justice and threatening him with a miserable death just like Hiyama if he dared to continue to enforce his ideology upon him.
He also has no concern for vengeance as he viewed himself as more powerful than his now weak and useless classmates and would only get vengeance if severely pushed, like when Kaori was supposedly killed by Hiyama only for Hajime to kill him for his stubbornly betrayal.
Out of all his classmate who are weaker than himself, the only few people who he considers to be pathetic and far weaker than the rest are both Kouki Amanogawa (despite originally being the strongest of the so called "Hero Party due to his weak resolves of continually enforcing naive beliefs) and Daisuke Hiyama (who was one of the supposedly strongest turned out to be one of the weakest as well as a sore loser due to his lack of responsibilities and continually tormenting people for his greediness on Kaori which only lead him to his demise) after how easily Hajime defeated both of them without any efforts. Hajime viewed those who proclaimed themselves as his rivals are weak and stupid such as Kouki when Hajime has no actual rivals to match for him.
From his uncaring and uninterested nature, Hajime doesn't care for almost any of his former classmates (except for Kaori, Sonobe and Shizuku) as they are nothing but weaklings compared to himself. He doesn't care about the so-called "gods" as they are weak and initially didn't care to carry out the liberators' legacy before he learned from Tio of her parents and people's death by the manipulation of Ehit. From his mutation, he has no interest in worthless challenges from those who are weaker than himself such as when Kouki challenge him of attempting to take his lovers by force only for Hajime to easily defeat the so called "chosen hero" twice for his insolence, at first a pathetic unarmed duel and later a worthless fight while Kouki foolishly merged with his doppelganger. Hajime also doesn't care for his previous mistreatment while in the Heiligh Kingdom months ago as it meant nothing to him while his conversation with Hiyama and his gang of their feigning to ask for "forgiveness" before he exposed the truth towards his former tormentors.
In his journey to return home, he still holds no concerns for Tortus or its people (except for civilians) as he casually massacre both the humans and demon worshipers of the fake god, Ehit. Since he has no concerns about the Holy Church, Hajime has no qualms when he ordered Tio to destroy the Church's temple along with the pope and bishops for their interference. While watching pitilessly the monsters devouring the traitor, Hiyama, Hajime doesn't have time to continually watch Hiyama's screaming in agony and terror as he simply walked away and abandoned his former bully to his miserable death to confront Eri. When Ahat told him to not do anything, Hajime has no complaints and let them retreat for now. While confronted Eri, Hajime doesn't care of her motivations or what has made her to betray their classmates. In the funeral after defeating the demon invasion, Hajime doesn't need to keep the truth anymore and enlightened his classmates that his "fall" wasn't an accident, but an intentional assassination plot by Hiyama caused them to not have any sympathy for the traitor. He also doesn't care of Kouki's misguided justice due to not sharing the same ideology as Hajime outright refused to follow his orders and warning Kouki many times he will kill him if he dares to anger him just he annihilated Hiyama. He is not impressed of his doppelgänger after defeating it without efforts. He is not amazed by Kouki's fusion as it is a pathetic measly power up which is still too weak.
After returning to Japan, Hajime is not even impressed but rather annoyed by the jealous students of the Yaegashi Family's Dojo because every time he visited they've annoyed him (together with Shizuku) by attacking him only for Hajime to beat them all up effortlessly and the so called "Soul Sisters" for trying to break him up with Shizuku only for him to bully and humiliate them in public. Despite his uncaring attitude, Hajime only cares for his family, harems, adoptive daughter and teacher also his goal to return to Japan.
Hajime has no uses for cowards to be his servants, partners, teammates or guides as they are pathetic, useless and weak to him when he simply murdered his cowardly enemies such as Shimizu, Hiyama and Alv. He has no concerns of their cowardly begs no matter how they've tried such as Shimizu and Alv in spite of them sworn to become his complete loyal services. Hajime will also kill cowards who are sore losers and persistent idiots for harming his harems for their selfish lusts when he simply murdered Hiyama for his temporarily murder on Kaori. Hajime will shown his fury towards cowardly traitors such as Eri when he angrily marching toward her for her failed attempt of turning Kaori into Hiyama's undead sex slave and her cowardice has only increased Hajime's consumable rage when she begged him to spare her life so that she could make Kaori as Hajime's sex slave as she thinks Hajime need Eri alive which is an opposite when he has the spirit magic, Hajime doesn't need Eri do him favors and was be willing to kill her if it wasn't for Hiyama's and later Freid's interference.
Hajime is shown to be disrespectful and disloyal toward his enemies when he mocked, provoke, and insulted them to make his adversaries look like idiots and fools as well as leading them straight to their defeats and deaths. He usually disrespects and insults Kouki for his childish ideals and weak resolves. Upon learning about the so-called "gods" cruelty, Hajime has insulted and disrespected the false gods. He insulted Noint even in the last moments of her life when he simply mocked her saying he was more than she could handle. Hajime is not loyal to any of Tortus' kingdoms, flags, countries, villages or churches who blindly worship Ehit when he has no allegiance within the Heiligh Kingdom or his classmates. Hajime disrespected and insulted Freid by calling him a fool as well when he refused to give the commander the locations of the "Age of Gods" magic for his ignorance of hostage taking while Hajime massacred 100,000 troops with his satellite laser. Even when the truth of Ehit's true nature revealed, Hajime is disloyal to the Heiligh Kingdom and the Holy Church as he will erase them from existence if they continued to become his enemies. While no longer having any superiors, he works alone along with his harem of returning to Japan when simply refused to rejoice the so-called "Hero Party" of Ehit's twisted entertainment. Hajime mocked Hiyama by calling him weak selfish loser who lost to himself which is the reason Kaori will never fall in love with him for the rest of his useless life. Hajime insulted Ehit when he revived Kaori in Noint's body.
After Kaori join Hajime's party, he called Daisuke Hiyama and his gang (Hajime's formerly bullies from the past) to be worthless and weak when seeing madness in their eyes while not having sincere as they were feigned an apology to obtain forgiveness from Hajime and Hajime was already aware of Hiyama's betrayal which is his greatest fear after he refused to rejoin to the so-called "Hero Party" and his mistreatment means nothing to him. While beating up Hiyama, Hajime sadistically mocked his former bully when he called him a weak, selfish bully and a sore loser which is the main reason Kaori will never fall in love with the traitorous idiot after Hiyama blamed Hajime for always getting Kaori Shirasaki's affections. After murdering Hiyama, Hajime revealed to his former classmates of Hiyama's manipulation when he called him a selfish, despicable traitor after he enlightened them that Hiyama was responsible for his "fall" intentionally, not accidentally. When Freid held his classmates and the civilians hostage, Hajime called the demon commander as the foolish one when Freid underestimated Hajime by previously attempting to used the Heiligh Kingdom and his classmates as hostage which Hajime coldly respond by casually massacred Freid's 100,000 troops. Hajime viewed the so called "gods" of Tortus to be pathetic and weak as fighting for them is completely meaningless and pointless for those who are manipulated by the false gods even when Kouki fight Hajime in the second fight on behalf of Ehit only for Hajime easily defeated the masochist "hero".
Due to the side-effects of his mutations, Hajime lacked of fears as he has abandoned his timidity and cowardice personality leaving him cool and fearless. He is not afraid of anyone or anything anymore. He doesn't care who's coming at him be they humans, demons or pseudo gods as he will kill them all. He is no longer afraid of his old bullies from the past anymore and not even caring about his mistreatment that they've gave him in the past either as they are nothing but weaklings and his mistreatment means nothing to him. He is not scared even in slightest of hostage taking from fools such as Freid when he is one step ahead of them. Ever since this mutations, Hajime doesn't considered himself as a human anymore but rather considered himself a monster that was born in the abyss. Hajime viewed those who are weaker than himself no threat to him but will kill them if they made him into their enemy. Hajime is not afraid of the so-called "gods" of Tortus and doesn't care about them as he considered them puny gods as they became cowards when he killed Noint.
When rescuing his teacher Aiko, Hajime ruthlessly attacked Ishtar and his bishops for interfering with his fight against Noint for Ehit's sake and had no qualms letting his lover Tio to destroy them along with the temple to satisfy her thirst for vengeance towards the Holy Church. Likewise, when Fried led an invasion to destroyed the Heiligh Kingdom and tried to take the Kingdom's inhabitants and Hajime's classmates hostage to coerced Hajime into surrendering and divulge the Divine Mountain's Labyrinth's location to him so that he could attain more Ancient Magic in order to fight more religious wars for Ehit's sake, Hajime responded with cold disdain as he massacred a majority of Fried's army with Hyperion and insulting Fried, outright declaring he couldn't really care less even if Fried were to really destroy the Kingdom or slaughtered all his classmates in front of him. Hajime's nature as an Anti-Hero would ironically proved crucial in saving more of Tortus' civilians than Ehit's so called "chosen heroes" including the Heiligh Kingdom itself and his classmates from Fried's invasion as Fried's last resort of using the Kingdom and his classmates as hostages had failed to work on Hajime, forcing him to retreat much to Kouki's hero complex annoyance.
Hajime refused to risk his life fighting for grand and noble idealism such as justice that is naive and unrealistic which Kouki is obsessed about as he fought for himself and those that he cares about such as his family and harems, while he is not against those who want to live their lives embracing righteousness he despised it when such people attempted to force their ideals onto him as while he generously allow Kouki and his best friends to join him in conquering the last two Labyrinths for Ancient Magic to defeat Ehit, he sternly rejected all of Kouki's stubborn attempts to coerce him into following his idealistic justice, to the point when Kouki angrily lashed out at Hajime in the Empire for refusing to comply with his philosophy, Hajime had to threatened Kouki with death like he murdered Hiyama in order to stop his tantrums.
As a former member of the so-called "Hero Party" who had learned of Ehit's true nature, he refused to take orders from those who are inferior to himself and ignored every of their commands they've tried to give him including from his former classmates (such as Kouki Amanogawa) as he has become too powerful enough to survive on his own without the need to rely on them as they are pathetic, weak and useless to him as they would slow him down when he has no superiors, as he ignored Kouki's pleas as he coldly murdered Cattleya. He gave his former classmates a warning that he will kill them if they dare to get in his way for any reasons such as morality which causing them to be terrified of him even his former bullies are more shaken and scared than the others as most of them (with the exception of Kouki) takes this warning seriously as they were terrified of his wrath and tried not to provoke him as well not to harm his harems (including Kaori) as they doesn't want to die by Hajime's hands which intensified when Hajime killed Hiyama in cold blooded for his temporarily murder on Kaori, readily accepted his realistic criticism of how their naivety and careless optimism had nearly cost them their lives by Eri and Hiyama's hands.
Hajime considered sparing enemies are weaknesses, foolishness and mistakes for allowing enemies to defeat them or come back for vengeance such as when Kouki allowed his own weaknesses to get a hold of him and letting Cattleya defeat him due to enemies will not feel for them. Hajime will also murder anyone who lays a single finger on or harms his harem as well to proved his previous warning such as Hiyama as Hajime brutalized Hiyama and fed him to the monsters alive in coldblooded for his treachery after he temporarily murdered Kaori making this brutal murder as a proven example for his previous absolute warning for those who still dares to cross him such as Kouki who had initially did not take Hajime's warning seriously. Despite being merciless, He spared Kouki for Kaori and Shizuku's sake by knocking Kouki out unconscious but kept his warning. Hajime considered the weaklings who are puppeteers by the so called "god" will not be able to touch him which proven his examples when he easily defeated Hiyama and later Kouki twice.
As a freelance mercenary, Hajime only oblige to work for his clients that needed to carry out their important missions immediately in exchange for them to pay Hajime up for money and golds when accomplished missions that they've gave him. After succeeded missions, Hajime ended their deals and leave his previous clients to move for other clients to accomplish more important deals to pay him with more currencies. Although Hajime refused to become Gahard's right hand man, Hajime was named as the "Empire's best friend" due to their like minded beliefs as realists.
Due to his newly wild appearance, Hajime is very attractive and quite handsome figure to beautiful girls including Kaori and Shizuku. He has became extremely more popular and handsomer to very beautiful girls more than Kouki was as Hajime ended up winning their hearts while Kouki lost all of his attractions and popularity from girls completely due to his delusional justice and lack of resolve. Hajime, in fact, usually earned a lot of girls attractions when saving their lives and liberated them which made them in love with him. Although he initially has eyes for Yue as a main lover, he accepted others as well. He will never let anyone who lay a finger on his harems as he brutality murder or thrashed them just like he murdered Hiyama and thrashed Kouki without any efforts. After returning to Japan, the other beautiful high school girls from different classes has flirted for Hajime and seeing him more attractive than Kouki ever used to be as they wanted to win his heart by all means even competing against each other and considered the others and Hajime's harem as love rivals.
Hajime hates being annoyed by anyone whom he viewed as stupid, idiots, fools, delusional, useless, trashes and worthless when they are angering him. He got extremely annoyed by Kouki's delusional idiotic ideals over and over again when Kouki even annoyed Hajime's party (harem) and caused Myu to cry to the point. Hajime can't be bothered to take Kouki's self righteous and pointless challenge for Kaori and his harem, simply drop him into a pitfall filled with non lethal bombs to spite and humiliating Kouki and in his second fight by ruthlessly thrashed Kouki for his insolence of trying to steal Hajime's harem for himself twice and would have outright kill Kouki had it not been for Kaori and Shizuku. He got annoyed by David Zahler as far as he shot him to tell him to mind his own manners. He got bothered by Tio's perversions as he initially threatened to kill her.
One other trait that remains unchanged about Hajime is that he still remains an Otaku, something that Kaori points out. Hajime bases most of his creations and even his appearance off of things from animes, manga, and video games. He's even gone out of his way to create massive and extremely difficult to make Artifacts simply because it would be cooler. Hajime feels very self-conscious about this as he's fully aware it's all true. Being a Synergist at heart as well, Hajime can become so passionate about what he decides to make that he won't stop or compromise until he finishes what he started, which has only worsened after returning to Earth. This has led him to go overboard on more than one project and add many pointless but cool features to his Artifacts, even sometimes creating powerful Artifacts that are simply meant to be cool.
Due to his Otaku nature, Hajime has several fetishes that can cause him to become aroused and excited. He has a strong preference to beast-girls especially bunny girls as seen when he was learning about the various races of Tortus as he lamented the harsh conditions that the beastmen were forced to endure. Even after his transformation in Orcus, he still retains this preference which is shown when he starts fondling Shea's bunny ears and this habit grows much more, especially after Shea becomes his lover. He also has a fondness of maids as was seen when he became excited and nearly ogled a Heiligh Kingdom royal maid after she served him a drink. It was due to his obsession with maids that he attempted to inherit Oscar Orcus's will of creating a maid golem, which he succeeded by creating the human-shaped Grim Reaper "Freesia". Due to his maid fetish, he created the Fleur Knights, a group of combat maids which consisted of beautiful women which he trained.
Despite of his average academic performance, Hajime has extraordinary emotional intelligence and insight to people's personality like his lover Shizuku. Hajime is already aware of Hiyama attempted to kill him when he simply revealed it to him which is his greatest fear as he see madness in Hiyama's eyes as he has no sincere for feigning his apologies to Hajime of his mistreatment from the past. When his short fight with his former tormentor, Hiyama, Hajime also correctly revealed to the severely injured and organ damaged Hiyama the reason of his lust Kaori had already became his own downfall as Kaori will never become his girlfriend for the rest of his useless life due to his lack of responsibilities. Hajime predicted Hiyama will not survive when he tossed his former bully to the monster hordes to eat him alive. From what he learned from the Liberators's past exploits, Hajime was able to foresee and predict Ehit's schemes, including the fact that Ehit will never allow him and his classmates to return home due to the purpose of summoning them to Tortus was simply to be pawns in a mad game of death, even if they did win the war against demons, they will simply get involved in another war for Ehit's entertainment. Hajime is fully aware of the Heiligh Kingdom's king and nobles were actually brainwashed by Noint to be pawns of the so-called "god". He knew protecting humanity against Garland was basically a setup after learned from Oscar Orcus' holographic message which is the one of the main reasons he refused to rejoin his classmates for Ehit's twisted entertainment.
He also correctly predicted that Kouki was delusional and naive enough not to believe him about Ehit's malice towards Tortus and would even get angry at him if Hajime revealed the truth about Ehit, due to Kouki's delusional pride in his useless heroism efforts and empty idealism of being Ehit's so called "chosen hero". Hajime even correctly guessed that it was ultimately Kouki's careless optimism that led a majority of his classmates and himself to nearly die in Eri and Hiyama's death trap despite the fact Aiko have went missing due to Noint's abduction which was a clear sign of ominous danger. After the war, Hajime enlightened his classmates that Hiyama was responsible for his fall intentionally, not accidentally which caused them to retained their bitter memories of their hatreds toward Hiyama as a creep in school and a traitor in Tortus for his betrayal. Hajime is one step ahead of Freid when he used his satellite laser to demolished Freid's 100,000 troops. Hajime has also knowledge for strength and weaknesses when he pinpointed his enemies' weaknesses when he pierce through Noint's crystal heart and shot both of Kouki's kneecaps and shoulder.
When Kouki criticize Hajime for not using his newfound power for justice by defeating Ehit, Hajime considering his delusional heroism beliefs ridiculous and childish, telling him that strength is nothing more than a curse if those must be obligated to do things simply because they have power regardless of their personal wishes, Hajime coldly refused to follow Kouki's wishes and demands as the reason why he went through countless hardships to attain power was simply to go home rather than becoming a hero for Tortus. Hajime also considered Kouki's stubborn devotion to justice to be the main reason for his failures rather than his lack of capabilities due to always priotizing his ideals over his own goals as Shizuku, Suzu and Ryuutaro who were weaker than Kouki managed to attain Age of God's Magic, Kouki himself have failed twice, even foolishly giving in to the temptation of his doppelgänger trial for a pathetic measly power up by fusing with his doppelgänger to fulfill his misguided justice first by trying to kill Hajime and take his harem instead of defeating the doppelgänger for Age of God's Magic which he originally wanted to defeat Ehit, completely forgetting his original purpose in following Hajime's party to conquer the Labyrinths in the first place, which ended into Kouki's another miserable failure in conquering the labyrinth after his defeat by Hajime yet again.
He even knows that using "Limit Break" would be risky despite of temporarily boost his stats, but it has nasty side-effects such as damaging body as well even a careless and reckless idiots like Kouki are stupid enough of using this "skill" as the reason Hajime is not using "Limit Break" in second fight against Kouki. Unlike Kouki Amanogawa and Ryutarou Sakagami, Hajime isn't reckless and careless as he is cautious, sharpish and quick thinker. Despite of his average grades, he has studied and learned of the Norse Mythology when he acknowledge Noint similar to the Valhalla's Valkyries. Hajime is even more emotionally intelligent than his lover/wife, Shizuku as he always foiled and ruined all of his enemies' plans to ensure their attempted victory is beyond their reach and always will be their defeats in a stunning failure.
Despite of his alliance with "Hero Party" against a common enemy, Hajime still doesn't care for almost all of his classmates (except for Shizuku, Sonobe and his teacher, Aiko) as he viewed them as lackeys due to his dislike with his weak self-proclaimed rival, Kouki Amanogawa (his idiot classmate who has a delusional and self-righteousness ignorance) as he knows the alliance is a fragile if Kouki turned against him. Hajime still won't take orders from Kouki as he doesn't care about his so-called "justice" when they are not friends or comrades with the latter. Despite defeating Kouki so easily once again and would ended their alliance, Hajime still maintained the alliance due to Kaori and Shizuku.
Powers & Abilities
- Mystical Mutation - In the Great Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime devours numerous powerful Demonic Beasts, manages to survive the lethal process due to the Ambrosia and his iron forged will. As a result, Hajime's constitution was mutated by the magic of the monster granting him a tremendously high status, even breaking pass the level 100 limit. At the costs of his mutation, he will no longer be considered as human and no longer be afraid at anything anymore.
- Immense Strength - After continuously devouring many powerful Demonic Beasts and absorbing their powers, by the end of conquering the Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime gained tremendous superhuman physical power that is completely monstrous and inhuman, his base Strength being twelve times far more superior than Kouki Amanogawa who is Ehit's strongest "hero", surpassing even Tio the strongest Dragonman in her dragon form, able to carry his oversized Pile Bunker or heavy artillery such as Orkan with little effort. Even without resorting to weapons, he can overpower the strongest humans, beastmen, and monsters with pure physical might, blocking a zombified Meld's swordsmanship who was the strongest Knight of Heiligh Kingdom with only one finger, throwing small harmless objects such as sugar cubes with extreme force to knock down knights. When using his true powers, Hajime can easily break bones and strike with enough force to rupture his enemies' internal organs even Humans who were blessed by Ehit with enhanced physical power such as when Hajime broken almost all of Hiyama's bones and damaging his internal organs severely as he brutally beaten Hiyama up and gripped his neck to lift up the latter with only one hand with no efforts. In the Schnee Labyrinth, Hajime easily overpowered a Limit Break enhanced Kouki without even using his full strength, bypassing the enhanced protection of Kouki's Limit Break enhanced durability, Physical Resistance Skill and Divine Armour which is the strongest armor type Artifact sending him crashing into an icy wall with one kick pulverizing it and defeated him without sustaining injuries or efforts when brutalized the so-called "chosen hero". After killing Ehit and his servant, Alv, Hajime now holds the power to kill gods or immortal beings with his newly reputation as the "God Slaying Demon King". Hajime can easily defeat weaker enemies with just one hit even in large numbers such as Yaegashi Family's Dojo's students and bullied the Soul Sisters both groups who are annoying to his wife, Shizuku Yaegashi. Hajime has carried anyone without even getting exhausted when carried Yue and Shizuku (while she was asleep). Hajime's strength has no equal as he is undefeated and never lost to anyone as well being the strongest and not even Kouki can defeat Hajime or surpassing him either. Hajime can also break normal swords, shields, spears and armors with his bare hand as he broken Kondou's spear and both Meld and Hiyama's swords. No matter how his enemies were strong or durable, Hajime can bypassed his enemies' defensive abilities and defeating them effortlessly as he did in his second fight against Kouki. According to Ahat, Hajime is far too powerful than she expected when killed Noint. His strength is too powerful when he broke from spells includes the Holy Church's powerful spell when they intervene his fight with Noint as he brutalized them effortlessly.
- Immense Speed - Hajime's speed and reflexes are also augmented to be extremely formidable, his Agility being at least twelve times faster than one of his lover/wives, Shizuku Yaegashi, supplemented with his speed-oriented skills, making it impossible for most enemies to detect his movements in battle. Even his overpowered classmates such as Kouki, couldn't so much as sense Hajime's movements.
- Immense Durability - Hajime has gained superhuman physical durability, capable of withstanding attacks that would prove fatal for most people. Hajime's durability is at least 12 times tougher than Ryutarou Sakagami. He didn't receive any sort of injuries from feeble attacks such as Cattleya's most powerful attack, Kouki Amanogawa's strongest attack and Daisuke Hiyama's fireball as his body acts like armor and he felt nothing but annoyance to him from those weak attacks even attack are not strong to even hurting him. When using his defensive abilities, Hajime's body becomes strong enough to handle attacks from one of God Apostle while only receiving minor injuries which only nicked him a little. Even when Freid ambushed him while got his guard down, it wasn't enough to kill Hajime when he is still able to fight with his injuries.
- Immense Endurance - Due to his countless brutal experiences in the Orcus Labyrinth from the agony of consuming monsters to withstanding numerous life threatening injuries from fighting all the powerful monsters, Hajime has attained tremendous tolerance to grievous pain. Augmented with his mystically mutated vitality and defense status, Hajime can withstand most attacks with only minimal discomfort.
- Enhanced Senses - After continuously devouring many different types of monsters throughout Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime has developed superhuman senses. From having to fight different types of enemies that could completely hide their presence throughout Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime has honed his senses to the point where he can easily notice things before almost everyone else, with only Shea having better hearing due to her long ears.
- Immense Mana - After continuously devouring many powerful monsters throughout Orcus Dungeon, Hajime's mana developed to extremely powerful and massive levels, far surpassing Atavists such as Yue, Shea and Tio, all of whom have powerful mana themselves. His original sky blue mana changing to crimson color. When he releases his mana, it's powerful enough to block the immense mana pressure released from Noint, God Apostle, protecting Aiko who was about to fall unconscious. When enraged, he was able to cause all his classmates, who had overpowered cheat abilities to freeze in sheer terror. His mana capacity and regeneration are vast enough for him to operate the "Fenrir" flying craft, which consumes an immense amount of mana to travel between locations.
- Genius Intellect - While his intellectual ability in academic studies is average, Hajime has proven himself to be an extremely clever genius in engineering. He has immense scientific knowledge which was self-taught from manga, anime, movies and video games. Hajime's intuition is also extremely accurate and spot on, as he was able to correctly deduce that one of his classmates is purposely responsible for the misfired fireball that led to his fall into the deepest depths of the Orcus Dungeon and the reason being jealousy towards Kaori's infatuation towards himself and would also commit any horrific atrocities to force Kaori to become his sex slave when Hajime warned Aiko about it. He would later be proven correct when Hiyama had assisted Eri in massacring and zombified all the Knights of Heligh Kingdom and also the death trap for their classmates and even murdered Kaori herself in order to make her his personal undead sex slave, a fact which even the extremely sharp minded Shizuku had noticed only when it was too late. Hajime was also the first to noticed that the Humans and Demons of Tortus were actually worshiping the same Evil God Ehit, who is actually posing as two different gods in order to manipulate the two race into fighting and killing each other for millienias after learning about Ehit's callous apathy towards the destruction of the Heligh Kingdom, who were supposed to be his most faithful worshippers, from Noint and that Ehit would send even more Apostles after him. This would be proven when Hajime succeeded in slaying Noint and stopping Freid Bagwa's invasion of the Heligh Kingdom, Ehit send five hundred Apostles to support the Demons as reinforcements to not completely annihilate the Humans who were Ehit's worshipers but also to eliminate Hajime. Hajime has also shown to be an acute judge of character, as he noticed the real reason why Tio joined his party was because she was hoping to uses him in her revenge against the gods, something the others only realize after she confessed it herself. Hajime also chose to confide in his teacher Aiko about the true reason of his refusal to rejoin them by telling her the secret he learnt from Oscar about Ehit's true nature as a twisted Evil God as he fully understands that Aiko who is extremely devoted to her students will absolutely believed his words as he is also one of her students whom she prioritized above all else and later Kaori since she held immense love towards Hajime will also believed him. When Kouki questioned why he had not told them about Ehit's true nature earlier when they reunited in the Orcus Dungeon, Hajime stated that Kouki will never want to believed him by elaborately pointing out his misguided sense of justice, inability to differenate between good and evil and most of all his habit of conveniently twisting and interpreting things to fit his worldview and will even get angry at him for seemingly slandering the god who had chose him to be the Hero, a statement which even Kouki himself could not deny. Despite of his average grades, he learned the Norse Mythology when he considered Noint similar to Valhalla's Valkyries.
- Master Inventor - Hajime is an extremely resourceful and innovative inventor, combining his scientific knowledge learned from countless manga, anime, and movies with his transmutation skill to create various powerful technomagical weapons and other advanced magic-powered machinery similar to Earth's modern military technology as well as science fiction technology. Hajime has shown to be an extraordinarily talented firearms designer, having managed to make firearms and artillery with unique customizations such as Donner & Schlag break action revolvers designed for mid-air reloading customized with make-shift swing out cylinders to incorporate the greater firepower of swing out revolvers, incorporating shotguns into Oscar's magical prosthetic arm artifact as well as Shea's Drucken War Hammer, modified the new Schlagen anti material rifle to function as a sniper rifle by mounting a telescopic scope to shoot from long distances, designed Metzelei as a handheld portable Gatling Gun. Hajime is also a self taught genius in vehicle engineering, having designed Steiff motorcycle, Brise pick up truck, a submarine and most of all Fenrir airship.
- Master Craftsman: Hajime has trained his craftsmanship as a Synergist to uttermost perfection, due to his earliest attempts to create modern firearms which are extremely difficult to create in comparison to swords and armors, eventually succeed after countless trial and error. With unrivaled precision and dexterity in his craftsmanship, Hajime became an outstanding master gunsmith. Combined with Age of God's creation magic, Hajime can create technomagical artillery of tremendous power. In addition to guns, Hajime can also apply his skills into crafting melee weapons of the highest quality including refining them to be much more powerful as well as perfectly repair ancient artifacts. Hajime's masterpieces as a Synergist include his signature revolvers Donner and Schlag, Shizuku Yaegashi's Black Katana, Shea Haulia's Drucken War Hammer, and Suzu Taniguchi's Tessen Folding Fans. He is currently considered the best craftsman on Tortus, so much that all of the Heligh Kingdom's finest Synergists including Volpen wanted Hajime to accept them as his apprentices after appraising his craftsmanship in Shizuku's Black Blade Katana and perfectly restoring the Heligh Kingdom's barrier artifact in a matter of seconds.
- Master Tactician - Hajime is an extremely pragmatic tactician, relying on unorthodox yet extraordinary strategies allow him to outsmart most enemies including the God Apostle Noint. He managed to expose the truth that had most humans to turn against the God Ehit which succeeded with the help of his teacher, Aiko. Before his transformation, Hajime make cunning uses of his Transmute ability to first immobilize his target before killing it, something that impressed the knights who didn't expect him to be of much help at the time. This tactic worked even in the true Orcus Labyrinth, where the monsters were stronger and weren't weaken by someone beforehand. During the battle against the Behemoths, Hajime was able to quickly figure out a way to hold it back so his classmates could launch a barrage of magic attack against it when they were ready, which mostly worked if it wasn't for Daisuke trying to kill him. Hajime is good at taking advantage of his environment to his advantage as he often used the terrain to ricochet his bullets so they can hit enemies who are dodging. During his battle with a doppelgänger-enhanced Kouki, he was capable of taking advantage of Kouki's collapsed mental state which left his attacks predicable, to easily overwhelm him.
- Master Marksman - Like Earth's military soldiers, Hajime is naturally gifted in in the uses of firearms, having mastered them all on his own while in the abyss. Hajime has outstanding marksmanship in dual wielding his technomagical revolvers, Donner and Schlag to destroy large numbers of powerful enemies in quick succession with deadly accuracy. During his battle against Noint, Hajime was able to aim at a certain point on her swords and repeatedly shot at it during their mid-air, high-speed close-combat fight until her swords snapped. Hajime can also wield his larger, more powerful firearms with equally amazing accuracy, even when he's holding them with one arm each. Hajime can ricochet his bullets off surrounding walls, allowing him to hit targets from their blind spots. He can also pinpoint his enemies' weak points such as Noint's crystal-like heart and Kouki's kneecaps and shoulder. He is capable of shooting things without looking at them as was demonstrated when he shot the Frost Eagles that were attacking Shizuku or during his battle with a corrupted Kouki. Hajime's marksman abilities are so immense that Shizuku wondered if Hajime had a secondary Gunner job which granted him such skill.
- Stealth Expert - Due to his mastery of his "Hide Presence" skill, Hajime is capable of masking and manipulating his presence to avoid detection. He capable easily infiltrating into secure prisons as we demonstrated when he rescued Aiko and later Cam and the other Haulia from their imprisonment.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant - Having never received any form training before being summoned to Tortus and falling into the abyss, Hajime had self-taught himself how to fight. His fighting style has been regarded as the height of rationality, focusing on effectiveness. Hajime trains extremely extensively to incorporate kicks into his fighting style, which he combines with his monstrous superhuman physical prowess and leg enhancement skills, allowing him to overpower his enemies even those who were blessed with superhuman physical abilities without any effort. He easily brutally overpowers Hiyama Daisuke, a summoned Hero with enhanced abilities by breaking his bones and damaging his internal organs without resorting to his revolvers as Hajime's hand to hands combat skills are considered to be too dangerous. He can fight Shea, who has become extremely skilled at martial arts, on equal footing in a pure contents of hand-to-hand. When Kouki went berserk at the Frost Cavern of Schnee and fused with his powered up copy, Hajime still easily beat up the hero without any trouble or trying to kill him even sustained no injuries, though all of Kouki's stats being increased, but wasn't strong enough to rival Hajime's own by taking advantage of Kouki's tattered mental state which left most of his attacks predictable to easily dodge and counterattack.
- Expert Artist - While still inexperienced, Hajime possesses incredible artistic skill which he has learnt and developed by handling the illustrations of the game produced by his father’s video game company and helping assist his mother who is a famous shoujo mangaka for five years. Hajime would apply his artistic skills into drafting maps for exploring the Labyrinths and blueprints for his weapons and devices, even incorporate aesthetic designs in his equipment.
- Training Methods - From his experience in fighting monsters Hajime has developed unconventional yet effective training methods which he used to train himself for two months after conquering the Orcus Dungeon into a master marksman and hand to hand combatant. Hajime would later trained his party, Haulia Tribe, Fleur Knights, Shizuku Yaegashi and Ryutarou Sakagami. These results of training made his pupils to be strong. According to Ryutarou Sakagami, Hajime is considered to be a pupil of "Gunnery Sgt. Hartman" due to his harsh training methods for others to become strong physically and mentally. Hajime could train the pacifistic Haulia Tribe into a deadly group of master assassins by weaponizing their natural skills in stealth and detecting enemies into ambush and sneak attacks manuvers in just ten days.
- Body Modifications - When revived a person back to life with Noint's body, Hajime has tremendous adjustments on their original body through an undergone and transplant surgery with Noint's genes, organs and essences to make them hybrid of Apostle also make them impossible to die easily as he did modifications on Kaori's original body.
Combat Styles & Techniques
- Gun Fu - This is a martial arts where the user uses firearms to fight.
- Polygonal Shot - Hajime shoot's a bullet that ricochets.
- Shotgun punch - An attack where he uses a shotgun on his prosthetic arm's to make his punch stronger.
- Oscillation Smash/Fracture - An arm thrust at high speed that is capable of pulverizing a large boulder in a single blow using the prosthetic arm.
- Pursuit - Magic that allows anything thrown by the user to become a homing object.
- Weaver Stance - Hajime's right arm thrust straight forward and left arm’s elbow slightly bent. His feet, one positioned forward and one backwards. It was the shooting posture, the pose to accurately fire Donner.
- 108 Harassment Demon king-style - It is one of the harassment styles developed by Hajime after the battle with Ehit in order to deal with problems. There are 108 harassment styles in total, but only a few of them are revealed so far.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "The Demon King is So Red Like"
The metal dust that had invaded into the body penetrated until inside the blood vessel, shredding the target from inside. If Hajime wanted, he could also use the crow type artifact "Ornis" as relay point to adjust the dust using "Convergence Transmutation", making the metal dust inside the body to react and give intense pain without killing the target. By the way, the crimson light was optional! The metal dust was clad with crimson light, becoming heavy fog that covered the world. The living organism inside that territory would have the inside of their body within the grasp of the demon king, at the same time their right to live or die was also wrestled away from them.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Gag Bullet"
"Gag Bullet" even though the impact was terrific, by using regeneration magic the target would be able to stand up again in three seconds as though nothing had happened, it was a bullet to make gag situation in real life.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Welcome to My Battlefield"
(The classmate's naming → You cannot escape from the demon king-sama!) It was a simple harassment done by simply making several hundreds Cross Velts Laying out super wide range space isolation type barrier. the space in a radius of three kilometers around Hajime as well as until the height of three kilometers was completely isolated. It was first used when the illegal agents of a certain country in earth tried to make a move against the returnees. At that time, Shinji and Yoshiki who carelessly entered the range kept yelling? "Let us out~, let us out from here~?" while hitting on the invisible wall.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Everyone Died Here You Know"
With the cooperation of Tio who was the best in using metamorphosis magic, Hajime succeeded in developing the Grim Reaper - Bio Hazard version that he was completely fixated upon. And he released them inside the barrier at that time, so the two's reaction was understandable. The Tyrant was especially popular. To the degree that several people completely lost their SAN value.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "I Won’t Say Just Once, Want To Try Dying No Matter How Many Times?
This harassment is carried out with the help of Bel Agartha, where Hajime would kill the target then revive him with Bel Agartha and then kill him again, repeating this process over and over again until the target surrender himself.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - “Peek-a-Demon King!”
It is a small trick carried out by Hajime using space isolation to completely isolate his presence , and amplified presence within isolate space using Coercion, after space Isolation was dispelled. What appeared was a bursting crimson mana with the Hajime grinning widely at the center.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Maou-san’s Phone Call"
Hajime uses arachnee golems while using telepathy to forcefully make the listener have the experience of something gradually approaching, and amplifying their sense of fear using spirit magic.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "From Today You Too Are Haulia"
Harassment Hajime uses by using an artifact that reproduces a pseudo “Divine Statement” by applying and enchanting spirit magic. which makes its target’s act chūni for a period of time.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Wish Upon a Star"
He pounded countless random Meteor Impacts from outside the stratosphere to attack the target mercilessly. The trajectory and speed of the meteors are adjusted using gravity control, turning all of them into a suitable meteor shower before ending it with a final super giant meteor. It was said that if a mistake was made this harassment could even made the planet totally broken.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - “Make a Contract With Me and Become a Magical Girl! (Forced)”
It brainwashes a person into thinking that they are a pop star. Hajime first uses it against some government agents that try to spy on him.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - “Up, up! 4 km high!"
It attaches a rocket to the target and leaves them stranded in the sky while changing their focus into something completely different from before.
- Language Comprehension - A base skill granted to all those who got Summoned. It gives the user the ability to understand any language and be proficient in it.
- Transmute - The base skill of the "Synergist" Job class. It allows the user to control, transform and manipulate any kind of ores, minerals or materials in any way or shape the user desires. In order to Transmute any object, the user has to be in contact with the object within the maximum range of 3 meters.
- Ore Appraisal/Mineral Appraisal - Allows the user to identity and understand the basic structure of ores, minerals and materials. In some cases, properties like magical affinity or hardness of the ore or mineral is also notified in numerical range of "1" (weakest) to "10" (hardest).
- Precision Transmutation/Precise Transmute - Increases the precision of transmutations.
- Decreased Magic Consumption - Decrease in magic consumption for using transmutation.
- Increased Transmutation Speed - Increases the speed of transmutation.
- Ore Perception/Mineral Probe - Allows the user to sense and locate any kind of ores, minerals and materials within a certain range.
- Ore Desynthesis/Mineral Isolation - Allows separation of ores and minerals.
- Ore Synthesis/Mineral Fusion - Allows fusion of ores and minerals into alloys.
- Duplicate Transmutation - Allows the user to create duplicates of an already existing transmuted object or item. It's possible to also replicate an item created by someone else.
- Automatic Transmutation - Allows for continuous transmutation until the engraved magic circle is drained of mana, even if the caster isn't present during the transmutation process.
- Compression Synthesis - Allows compression of transmuted items
- Composition by Imagination - magic circles can be created just by imagining it.
- Mana Manipulation - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows direct manipulation of mana without the need for a magic circles or incantations to enhance his body or use special magic.
- Mana Discharge - Allows user to focus and emit mana from their body.
- Mana Compression - Allows the user to compress and expel mana.
- Remote Manipulation - Allows the user to control the emitted mana.
- Iron Stomach - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to withstand the side-effects of consuming Monster Meat by mutating the body to adapt to it. If the monster's strength and ability is equal or higher than the user, then the user will gain the power and Skills of the Monster consumed.
- Lightning Field - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to produce an electrical/lightning field from their own body. Can't be expelled directly from the body, but redirected external if proper conduction is used.
- Lightning Resistance - Increase resistance to lighting spells and lighting-based attacks.
- Increased Output- Further increases the damage output and strength of Lighting Field.
- Air Dance/Air Walk - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increases the base reaction speed of the user, and the ability to move at high speed.
- Aerodynamic/Aerodynamics - Allows the user to create small barrier-like plates of compressed air under their feet, to use as foothold to move around in the air.
- Supersonic Step/Flash Step/Quick Step - Allows quick high-speed movement.
- Steel Legs - Allows the user to reinforce their legs and increase the power and strength of their kicks.
- Riftwalk - The final derivative of the "Air Dance" Skill. Allows the user to move at extreme high-speed, and increases the ability of all the five senses to the maximum to allow better focus and process all information easily while in extreme high-speed mode.
- Gale Claw/Spirit Claw - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). It allows the user to create pressurized blades of wind/mana upon an object to attack at close range. The blades are really sharp enough to cut through almost anything. Hajime usually lays this skill upon his Guns for close-quarter combat.
- Triple Gale Claws - Instead of one blade, it unleashes three blades of wind/mana at once.
- Flying Gale Claws - Gale Claw can now be fired as a projectile.
- Night Vision - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows better vision in dark or night conditions.
- Farsight - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows an increased range of vision by focusing mana into the eyes.
- Sense Presence - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to gain a better understanding of the surrounding and sense life signs along with being able to sense beings who can utilize basic camouflage abilities. Has a range about 10 meters radius.
- Precision Sensing - Allows focused target search and tracking.
- Detect Magic - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to detect and perceive the flow of mana and activation of hidden or ranged spells and magic.
- Precision Sensing - Allows focused target search and tracking.
- Sense Heat - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to track and detect heat emitted around. Helpful in tracking warm-blooded creatures.
- Precision Sensing - Allows focused target search and tracking.
- Hide Presence - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to hide/mask their own presence, to avoid tracking and detection by others.
- Illusion Waltz - Allows the user to leave behind after-images while masking their own presence.
- Poison Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to poison status.
- Paralysis Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to paralysis status.
- Petrification Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to petrification status.
- Fear Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to fear or panic status.
- Elemental Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to magical elements to a certain degree.
- Foresight - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows user to predict and perceive the movements of the opponent.
- Diamond Skin - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Coats the user's body in a hardened shell of mana, which increases the user's defenses and protects them from all attacks to a certain degree. The hardened shell of mana has of a diamond-patterned structure, hence the name.
- Diamond Protection
- Focused Hardening
- Steel Arms - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to reinforce their arms and increase the power and strength of their punches, elbows, chops and etc.
- Intimidate - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to cast Fear or Panic status to beings around, by amplifying the user's presence proportional to the amount of mana used to activate the skill.
- Telepathy - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to communicate with others by a transference of thoughts in from their mind. Has a limited range.
- Tracking - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to mark places or beings using their own mana and track them. Helpful to maps or get the general idea of a different region, than the user's current location.
- Increased Mana Recovery - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increases the mana recovery rate of the user.
- Mana Focusing
- Mana Conversion - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to convert mana into stat bonus for a certain period of time, thus allowing them to boost their own strength.
- Stamina Conversion - Converts mana into stamina.
- Healing Conversion - Converts mana to boost natural self-healing rate.
- Shock Conversion - Converts mana into pure force.
- Limit Break - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to temporarily boosts their base stats by three times of normal for a limited period of time. But has a risk of leaving the user seriously fatigued after the duration is over. Also repeated usage of the skill could damage the body of the user.
- Overload - A skill greater than "Limit Break" - it multiplies the abilities of the user by five times with more damage recoil to the user than the normal Limit Break.
- Creation Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which grants control over any object, structure (be it physical or magical) or mineral, allowing the user to shape or transform them in anyway they wish. It is the only form of magic which allows the creation of an "Artifact". The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any inorganic material'. As a Synergist, Hajime has high compatibility with this magic and uses Creation Magic to generate his own supply of special and rare minerals for his equipment such as Taur, Shtar and even Azanthium without the need to mine for it in locations such as the Orcus Dungeon, Hajime can also use Creation Magic to enchant spells or Skills such as the other Ancient Magics into objects or existing Artifacts to make them stronger.
- Gravity Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", it gives the user control over gravity. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the energy of star', and just not gravity. Theoretically, it could also interfere with things like earth vein or terrestrial heat, bedrock or magma; and it isn’t impossible to use this magic to purposefully generate earthquake or volcano eruption.
- Spatial Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", it allows the user to manipulate the space around themselves, allowing them to either bend or expand the space near them or move themselves to another space or location. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the boundary'. Meaning it can allow the user to manipulate anything, like the elimination of race-creature gap, or formulating new boundary to create a spirit world; it's possible to achieve those kinds of things.
- Restoration Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to restore the state of anything to either its previous or original condition. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the time', meaning it has the ability to manipulate the time of anything, anyplace or anyone to a point the user desires to.
- Spirit Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to manipulate the soul of a living being directly. It's possible to revive a living being back from the dead (time restriction applicable), or transfer the soul of a living being from one body to another, or even into a non-physical body as well, practically granting any living being immortality. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the negative material possessed by living thing'. To be more specific, this magic could also interfere with things like energy inside the body that was mana, heat, electricity, then thought, consciousness, memory. Those who have mastery over this magic can even create an artificial consciousness, and allow it to inhabit anybody they wish.
- Evolution Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to enhance or evolve all other forms of power, be it strong or weak. It can work on even other "Ancient Magic" as well, boosting their power and scope. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the information about existing things'. This magic enhances or evolves an ability or power by a stage of 1, by interfering with the targets information, and the increased it one-by-one stage. Hajime has used this magic to further improve all his Artifact, making them all far stronger.
- Metamorphosis Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows a user to remake the form of a normal being and reform them into a different form. Normally it's used to remake a normal organism and turn it into a monster, or even manipulate the magic stone of a monster and remake them. But the true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any organic material'. Meaning not only animals, but it's also possible to remake plants or intelligent beings, and reform their structure as needed. Even byproducts of organic material, like paper or food, can also be manipulated by this magic. The magic stone which gets created during the process is just a byproduct of the process.
- Concept Magic - It is a form of "Ancient Magic art" which is a combination of many other ancient magics. The main ability of Concept magic is that allows one to interfere with the laws of the world and impress concepts upon it. By raising up a powerful wish or desire with Spirit Magic and Evolution Magic, it can be raised to a level of a concept before being forcefully materialized with magical power. However, since the user's desire at of the time of use, is used as the base of the magic, to raise up and create the concept, the spell may not remain stable in subsequent uses, thus a single spell can only be used once under most circumstances. However if the desire is still needed, it can be used more than once, like in the case of Hajime's crystal key which had the concept of "I want to return home" in it, was destroyed by Ehit he was still able to recreate the crystal key again because his desire of wanting to return home was still there. It should be noted however that concept magic requires the user to concentrate on raising up their wish in order to materialize the concept, as such it wouldn't be useful in a battle where the user is under attack. Also, some concepts aren't possible to materialize by the user on their own, for example, Hajime could only make degraded versions of the crystal key without Yue.
- Deny All Existences - A "Concept magic" created by Hajime, through Evolution magic, which overwrites other's information from "Exist" to "Non-Exist". Hajime combined this with his Transmutation and created several ultra-thin chains that inflict the magic on contact. Anything the chains touch will feel excruciating pain, even if they normally wouldn't, and quickly be cut into ever-smaller pieces until nothing is left.
Before the "Fall" as a Human
Hajime's base stats growth rate before his "fall" in Orcus Labyrinth when he was a human.
|Level||Strength||Vitality||Defense||Agility||Magic||Magic Defense||"as per"|
|1||10||10||10||10||10||10||LN - Volume 01|
After the "Fall" becoming a Human/Monster Hybrid
Hajime's base stats growth rate after his "fall" in Orcus Labyrinth, and became a monster by consuming monsters.
|"as per"||Light Novel - Volume 01||WN - ch122|
- The base stats given above aren't Hajime's current stats, as the last time the author provided stats for him in the Web Novel was before he acquired "Evolution Magic" from the Haltina's Labyrinth.
- Hajime's base stats increased because of his usage of Skills "Limit Break", which triples his base stats and "Overload", which quintuples his base stats. He can also further boost his base stats with the help of "Evolution Magic" and by using a mineral supplement drink which he created, named "CheatMate", that has the ability to double a person's base stats.
- (To Ilwa Chang): "A piece of paper can be a good shield if you use it right. My job’s Synergist, you know? My duty is to make sure anything that can be useful is made useful. Don’t worry, I’ll make good use of your support."
- (To David Zahler after he shot him) "I told you to mind your manners."
- (To Yuka Sonobe): "Sonobe. Don't die, all right? You've got guts. Well, for the most part."
- (To Cattleya about he's human): "No, actually, I'm not."
- (To Cattleya): "I’ll kill anyone that makes themselves my enemy, even the gods themselves. I can’t imagine someone stuck as their pawn is much of a threat."
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): God, you're persistent. Amanogawa, you're not mad about me killing her, are you? You're mad at yourself for not being able to kill her and pretending you've got a better reason for being pissed.
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): It's kill or be killed in this world. You've got to kill your enemies. What's wrong with that?
- (To Kouki Amanogawa) : "It’s my policy to kill anyone who becomes my enemy. Unless I have a good reason not to, I’ll make sure to kill them. It doesn’t matter whether they’re good or evil, or whether they can resist or not. The moment you show mercy is the moment you die. I learned that the hard way at the bottom of the abyss. Those are just my values though, and I have no intention of pushing them on anyone else. Still, if you plan on standing against me just because you don’t like that, then... Even if you are my former classmates, I won’t show you any mercy."
- (To Myu) Myu, where the hell did you learn those words?!
- (To Noint): "I’d like to see you try, God’s Puppet!"
- (To Noint): "Looks like this ‘Irregular’ was more than you could handle."
- (To undead Meld Loggins) "So she got you too, huh? What a shame.
- (To Eri Nakamura) "I don't care what drove you to this, I don't care what your motives are, and I don't have time to listen to you explain them. If that's all you've got to say... then die."
- (To Daisuke Hiyama before kicking him) "Shut up!"
- (To Daisuke Hiyama): "It wouldn't have mattered if i was here or not, Hell would have freeze over before you'd manage to do anything worthwhile with your miserable existence."
- (To Daisuke Hiyama): "Don’t pin the blame on other people. You’re the one who decided to stoop to this level. Both here and in Japan, you’ve always been the loser. You didn’t lose to other people. You’ve lost to yourself. You never once tried to take responsibility for anything. All you ever did was sit on the sidelines and insult everyone else, when the real loser was always you."
- (To Daisuke Hiyama after punching him) "Good luck surviving out there. Knowing you, you probably won't make it."
- (To Freid Bagwa after murdered 100,000 demon troops) "The foolish one is you, you big fool. When exactly did I say that I was allied with the Kingdom and these guys here? Don’t just selfishly categorize me with them. If you want a war, then go right ahead. However, if you get in my way just like now, I’ll erase everything. Ma~a, I’m not free enough to waste my time on 1 million opponents though, this time around I’ll let you off so hurry up with the remaining people and get lost. You’re the commander of the army right? "
- (To Kouki Amanogawa):"If I did told you, will you even believe me!?"
- (To Kouki Amanogawa):"After all, we are talking about you who love to interpret things to your own convenience. The god Ehit whom the people of this world believed in and also specially chose you to be the Hero was a twisted evil god, and that your heroism efforts are completely meaningless, if I told you that, you definitely wouldn’t have believed me. You will probably get mad at me instead. Am I not wrong!?”
- (To Kouki Amanogawa and his other classmates): "Are you stupid? Why must I go to such trouble just to suit your delusion? Don't tell me that just because I am a classmate, you all think that it is natural for me to always risked my life and limb to help all of you. If you keep believeing and spouting that sort of ridiculous crap, its gonna end up just like what happened with Hiyama."
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): "If I have power, I should use it for justice? It’s because you think like that that you always end up messing up when it really matters. Personally, I think power should be wielded with a clear intent. You don’t do something because you have the power to. It’s because you want to do something that you obtain the power necessary to achieve it. If you really think you’re obligated to do things just because you have the strength to, then for you, strength is nothing more than a curse. You lack resolve, Amanogawa. Anyway, I’m not going to argue with you about the path I’ve chosen. If you keep pissing me off I’ll send you flying out of here like I did with Hiyama."
- (To Kouki Amanogawa):" Listen up, Amanogawa. I don’t care about your justice, and I have no interest in arguing with you about what’s right and wrong. We’re not friends, we’re not comrades, and we definitely don’t believe in the same things, so I have absolutely no intention of doing something just because you say so. All I did was allow you to accompany me for a bit. Don't you dare make me angry. The next time you do something stupid... I’ll break your arms and legs and send you back to the kingdom.”
- (To Shea Haulia): "You’re irreplaceable to me, Shea. I don’t want to hand you over to anyone else. Now that you’ve become special to me, I won’t ever let you go. I hope you’re ready."
- (To the corrupted Kouki Amanogawa after shot one of his kneecaps) "Pathetic. Why don't you use the extra feature I added to your equipment? You'd put up more of a fight that way at least.
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): "Moron, You already lost to temptation.
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): "First, I decide what it is I want. Then, I decide what it is I need to do in order to make that happen. After that, all that’s left is to do it. There’s no point in worrying about whether I can do it or not. If I have time to worry, I have time to think about what my next move should be. I’ve decided. I’m going to back home to Japan with Yue and everyone. I’m going to show them all the cool things Earth has, and introduce them to my parents. That’s what I’m putting my life on the line for. I don’t have time to care about ‘what ifs’ that even my own subconscious doesn’t have the answers to."
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): "I know better than anyone I’m just putting the problem off instead of solving it, and that this isn’t a very human line of thought to begin with. But that’s still no reason to stop here."
- (After defeating his doppelgänger): "No matter what future’s waiting for me, I won’t stop struggling."
- (To the corrupted Kouki Amanogawa): "When you're this stupid, there's no point even pointing out your stupidity. But let me say just one thing. Who do you think you are, saying Yue's name without honorifics? You bastard."
- Hajime's surname "Nagumo" means "south cloud" (南雲).
- Most of Hajime's inventions are named in German.
- Hajime's inventions are based on the anime he watched.
- Hajime is quite sensitive being called a "Chunibyo" and a "Tsundere".
- Due to his mutation and due to drinking with his father before his transfer to Tortus, Hajime is immune to the effects of alcohol.
- Hajime is a skilled artist due to assisting his parents with their work for years.
- Before his transformation, Hajime has the same mana color as Shea and Miledi Reisen.
- In the Light Novel, Hajime's Demon Eye has a faint blue glow, but in the Anime its red.
- Other names Hajime considered for Yue included "Tsukuyo", "Luna", and "Selena".
- Hajime's English voice actor, Matt Shipman, also voiced Hiro from Darling in the Franxx. He was romantically involved with Zero Two, who was also voiced by Yue's english voice actress Tia Ballard.
- Hajime has appeared in several videos in the YouTube channel WatchMojo. He was ranked 7th in "Top 10 Refuse-To-Die Moments in Anime", 2nd in "Top 10 Anime Losers Turned Badass", and 3rd in "Top 10 Anime Characters That Look Identical" (the last one compared him to Najenda from Akame ga Kill).
- Hajime is one of three classmates who are no longer fully human anymore (the others being Kaori and Eri).
- Hajime is the character that has been dragged the most times in the invocations of Kouki.