|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
Before his mutation, he was a completely average, yet strong-willed, kind-hearted, humble and generous human. However, he ends up being betrayed by one of his classmates, causing Hajime to fall into an abyss where his journey to become the strongest began. When he consumed monster meat, he not only mutated into a human/monster hybrid, but also turned into a ruthless, powerful and sadistic killer. Many people, himself included, no longer consider him a human anymore.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers & Abilities
- 4 Skills
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
- 8 Navigation
In the beginning of the story, Hajime had black hair, brown eyes, and a slim and dry body type. He also had a kind face and attitude. After falling into the abyss and eating a pair of twin-tailed wolf monsters, his body began to wither away. After he drank the ambrosia in the abyss to counter the poisonous effects of the monster meat, his body began to heal and grow stronger in the process. Due to the stress of this repeated revitalization, his hair turned white, a condition called Marie Antoinette syndrome. His eyes also turned red and his body gained tattoo-like red veins and as well as his normal red blood cells turn into a purple spiked blood cells, a sign of becoming a demonic monster. These red marks also grant Hajime the ability to use magic without needing to use chants or incantations. He also grew 10 cm in height and gained a muscular and toned figure. The huge change in his appearance (along with his personality and abilities) made it difficult for those who knew Hajime before to recognize him at first, only recognizing him because of his voice and facial features (and that's only after taking a closer look).
Shortly after falling into the abyss, Hajime lost his left arm to the Claw Bear on the first floor. He would later lose his right eye during his battle against the Hydra. After completing the Great Orcus Labyrinth and gaining creation magic, Hajime would replace them with a mechanical arm and an Artifact called the Demon Eye, respectively.
Hajime's adventure outfit consists of a black coat with crimson lining coupled with a gray blazer and a white shirt underneath it with a cravat tied around his neck. He wears black pants that have gun holsters attached to them, as well as black boots similar to an Italian gangster styled suits. His appearance has been described to look like an anime character, something Hajime is painfully aware of.
After he returned to Earth, Hajime's hair is reverted to its original black color due to Kaori's restoration magic. He decides, however, to keep his mechanical arm and demon eye, which are disguised to look like his original arm and eye, in order to keep his secret from the general public.
Hajime was originally a weak and average human with a timid and tolerant personality, but with an extremely kind and gentle heart. While mild-mannered, he has a special type of bravery and strength of heart that would allow him to sacrifice his own dignity and well-being to protect a child from harm. Kaori noted that it would be easy to be a hero to fight against evil if one were already strong, but it takes true strength to go against evil if one knows that they are weak. His strength of heart is evident by his ability to keep calm when his class faced perilous dangers from a Behemoth, while Kouki had momentarily stood paralyzed by fear until being snapped out of it by Hajime. He had a Motto of "Hobbies First" and would put his hobbies over everything else despite being ridiculed by his peers. He was also considered mature. He was lazy at school. He wasn't studying or doing sports.
After the betrayal of a classmate and falling in into an abyss, Hajime begins his descent to madness. The fear of dying, the pain caused from the loss of his left arm and the days of starvation and thirst, all combined with his undying desire to return back to his true home and see his family once again, pushed him over the edge. His iron forged will to survive made him extremely ruthless, uncaring, and sadistic capable of killing any person who wants to cause him misfortune or get in his way. He has outright stated that he will mass murder all the Humans and Demons and even destroy Tortus itself if he has to and will show absolutely no mercy even towards his own classmates if they dared to cross him, a statement he proved by ruthlessly brutalizing Daisuke Hiyama for attempting to make Kaori his undead sex slave in front of them and letting monsters devour him alive, an act that traumatized most of them and made them truly terrified of Hajime despite the fact he had saved them from Eri's death trap. Shizuku and Aiko have even acknowledged he would slaughter them if they were to attack him at the instigation of Heiligh Kingdom and the Holy Church. Hajime developed a habit of smiling in front of danger which made Shea call him a new species of monster called a "Predator".
Due to the hardships he had suffered, Hajime developed a firm belief in independence of relying on one's own abilities to solve personal problems and overcoming obstacles independently as he had to in order to escape the Orcus Dungeon when all of his classmates with the exception of Kaori believed he was already dead. Thus, when he was safe guarding Shea's family and clansmen, Hajime opted to training the Haulia Rabbitmen so that they can learn to be strong enough to protect themselves rather than continuing to protect them himself for an indefinite period after they asked on advice of how to protect themselves. Due to this newfound belief of independence, Hajime absolutely refused to do anything about Ehit's manipulation of the people of Tortus, stating to Miledi that it is their own problems to solve, and he has no intention to risk his life for their well-being as she and her fellow Liberators had as well as outright refusing Chase attempts to persuade him to rejoin them or at least teach the Heiligh Kingdom's Synergists how to manufacture firearms to aid them in their war efforts. In Volume 6, when Kouki stated Hajime could convince him of Ehit's true nature as an Evil God by thoroughly explaining it several times, Hajime simply called Kouki stupid, fiercely criticizing him and his other classmates delusional and naïve beliefs that he himself must always risk life and limb to protect and help them simply because they are classmates, stating that because they keep holding onto such ridiculous idealistic thinking is what had allowed Eri and Hiyama to backstab them, nearly leading to their own deaths and also becoming zombified into Eri's undead puppets as Meld and Kondou had been. Hajime also told Shizuku to stop being so protective of Kouki, Ryutaro and Suzu in the Schnee Great Labyrinth as they must learn to overcome their own trials by themselves in order to attain Age of God's Magic to realize their respective goals.
Hajime also believed it is strong resolve and determination that allows one to realize their goals rather than power and abilities as which Hajime has proven when he, who was despised by the Holy Church, Heiligh Kingdom and his classmates as a completely useless weakling was able to achieve the extremely difficult feat of conquering the Orcus Great Labyrinth as well as Aiko, who without any combat experience had managed to conquer the Divine Mountain Labyrinth after she had resolved to help Tio fight against the Holy Church for the sake of her students and later Shizuku as well as Ryutaro and Suzu who had managed to conquer both Haltina Great Labyrinth and the Schnee Great Labyrinth despite the latter two's initial failure in the Haltina Labyrinth. Therefore, when Kouki questioned Hajime's refusal to defeat Ehit and save Tortus, Hajime took the chance to criticize Kouki's weak resolve and will in his naive idealism by correctly pointing out that despite being blessed by Ehit as the strongest out of his classmates at the beginning, he keeps screwing up during desperate moments when it is truly important due to his indecisiveness such as Cattleya's ambush and Eri's death trap.
During the Schnee Great Labyrinth, it's revealed that he has some doubts over whether or not he can live in Japan due to how strong he became and was scared of being referred to as a monster. Unlike other's who fall victim to the labyrinths doubt inducing traps, Hajime is able to endure the psychological torment.
Despite this merciless nature, Hajime deeply cares for his comrades as they are the last and only fragment of his lost kindness. Even as Kaori and Shizuku noted, despite his new-found strength, confidence and courage, Hajime is always desperate to protect his comrades and to fight against any potential dangers that may befall him, a trait he has carried even before his fall into the Orcus Dungeon, and as the series progresses, Hajime eventually prove himself to be willing to help the helpless, particularly if his companions coax him into it, though he continues to demonstrate a cold demeanor. His methods, however, are usually pragmatic, frequently to the point of brutality, and he is stubbornly resistant to guilt trips and appeals to his moral compass, as Kouki repeatedly encounters (and refuses to acknowledge). Hajime is immensely cautious in all matters he handles, willing to take any possible precaution necessary to prevent even the slightest disadvantages from happening such as his absolute refusal to part with his techno-magical firearms and artillery as shown in Volume 3 when More Nos wanted to buy his weapons or when Chase tried to persuade him to help the Heiligh Kingdom mass-produced firearms for their war due to knowing that with Ehit's absolute influence over the people of Tortus, giving up his weapons to the Holy Church and Heiligh Kingdom is an extremely risky mistake as he knows that they will all eventually become his enemies since Hajime is the only one who has learned about Ehit's true nature and will definitely try to thwart his journey to return home by manipulating his worshipers to turn against him. Hajime even went as far as to give Chase a death threat if he ever tried to steal Donner for the Heiligh Kingdom Synergists to reverse engineer and mass produce it much to the shock of Aiko and his classmates who were present. Hajime also took the opportunity to tell Aiko of what he learnt about Ehit in order to warn her firsthand and also to gain her help and support in warning his other classmates about it to minimize the chances of his classmates turning against him under Ehit's manipulation knowing that Aiko's popularity with her students will allow her to have a better chance at convincing them. Hajime also reluctantly agreed to Kouki's party members requests in supporting them to gain Age of God's Magic as a precaution in case he needed their help to fight against more of Ehit's Apostles. Hajime also admitted to Shizuku that he preferred resolving problems early rather than at the last minute before it went out of control, also lamenting that Kaori's murder and nearly becoming an undead slave by Hiyama's hands was traumatizing even for himself.
In his ruthlessness, Hajime is very sadistic and brutal when he inflicts pain and tortures his victims to suffer hardships, despair, anguish and agony as he had suffered before killing them. He has no qualms of causing a massacre in Tortus by killing those who are blindly worshiping Ehit. If anyone says Yue's name without honorifics, Hajime will make them suffer in a worse case due to them having no rights to say Yue's name as he brutalized Kouki. If one of his companions is harmed, he will kill those who harms his lovers in coldblooded such as when he killed Hiyama for his temporarily murder on Kaori.
Hajime has no tolerance for empty idealisms, delusional prides, emotional weaknesses or cowardice as they are needless when it comes to war as shown when Kouki couldn't kill Cattleya. Though respected true virtues and moralities from Kaori, Shizuku and Aiko, he is disdainful of misguided virtues and moralities such as Kouki's delusional sense of justice.
While Hajime is usually blunt and cold to most people after his transformation and is not above expressing his annoyance with even those close to him, he is very spoiling towards those he loves and his family. Though he is usually cold towards people he meets, he is not above showing respect and behaving courteously towards people he finds interesting. While he usually scoffs at figures in positions of authority and power, he is shown to express respect to authority figures that are competent, cunning and who are willing to help others such as Catherine, Ilwa Chang and Lanzwi Feuward Zengen.
Hajime is expressionless when he has no interests of pointless challenges or hopeless fights issued from those who are weaker than himself. Those who challenged him are waste of time and efforts as he could defeat and humiliate his weak opponents so easily such as when he easily defeated and humiliated Kouki Amanogawa twice, first in a worthless unarmed duel and a pathetic fight when Kouki foolishly merged with his doppelganger for a pathetic measly power up which is still too weak against Hajime.
Hajime gets irritated when anyone made a mess of his vehicles when he must clean his hummer by himself after killing a giant worm-like monster.
Initially, he had eyes for Yue and Yue alone, but after the incident at the Haltina labyrinth, where his feelings for his comrades (harem) were reversed, he realized how much they truly meant to him and subsequently started to accept the romantic attempts of the others around him after he accepted Shea as his second girlfriend. This is often shown in how he would flirt with Yue and later his other wives without concern for his surroundings. While he was against Myu calling him Papa, he quickly became a doting and overprotective father to her. When around his in-laws, Hajime is more respectful and patient than how he is with his own birth parents, using polite language when talking with them, something his wives are still not used to.
Despite his academic grades are average, Hajime is emotionally intelligent even more than one of his wives, Shizuku Yaegashi. Hajime knew Kouki is too delusional and dimwitted to not believe him of Ehit's true nature as an evil "god" and Kouki's heroism were completely meaningless as well his native expectations of classmates are oblige of helping and protecting each other which are the very weaknesses for Eri and Hiyama to betray Kouki without even noticing. Hajime also knew Hiyama was the responsible for his fall, as he revealed to him after he called Hiyama and his gang to be weak and worthless . He is fully aware of the Heiligh Kingdom's king and his nobles were actually brainwashed by Noint as Ehit's pawns in his "chessboard of life and death". After his short fight with the weak, dimwitted Hiyama, Hajime revealed to the latter the reason Kaori will never become his girlfriend for the rest of his useless life was due to his lack of responsibilities and called his former bully as a weak, selfish and pathetic loser. While in second fight with the corrupted, yet weak Kouki, Hajime correctly criticized him the reason why he is always failing at everything is because it is due to his delusional habits for justice and even in the pointless fight, Kouki already lost to him as Hajime easily defeated the so-called "chosen hero" again.
Despite his ruthlessness and sadism, Hajime is honorable, as he still has what's left of his morality. Hajime cares deeply for his companions and his teacher. He allowed Kaori to join his party in her request. He is willing to protect his companions and did all he can to make them happy. He will never let anyone who are stupid enough to take his lovers even through pointless and childish challenges which he isn't interested in as he easily defeated Kouki in a useless unarmed duel. After the war and Hiyama's death, Hajime gives his classmates a second chance to join him to clear the Labyrinths and kill Ehit. He was generous enough to his classmates that travel with him to enhanced their weapons and equipment to make them stronger (except for Kouki due to his mutual dislike for him, as Hajime weakened Kouki's equipment instead of strengthening them). After killing Ehit, Hajime was willing to bring his classmates back to Japan.
One other trait that remains unchanged about Hajime is that he still remains an Otaku, something that Kaori points out. Hajime bases most of his creations and even his appearance off of things from anime, manga, and video games. He's even gone out of his way to create massive and extremely difficult to make Artifacts simply because it would be cooler. Hajime feels very self-conscious about this, as he's fully aware it's all true. Being a Synergist at heart as well, Hajime can become so passionate about what he decides to make that he won't stop or compromise until he finishes what he started. This has led him to go overboard on more than one project and add many pointless but cool features to his Artifacts.
Due to his Otaku nature, Hajime has several fetishes that can cause him to become aroused and excited. He has a strong preference to beast-girls, especially bunny girls as seen when he was learning about the various races of Tortus as he lamented the harsh conditions that the beastmen were forced to endure. Even after his transformation in Orcus, he still retains this preference which is shown when he starts fondling Shea's bunny ears and this habit grows much more, especially after Shea becomes his lover. He also has a fondness of maids, as was seen when he became excited and nearly ogled a Heiligh Kingdom royal maid after she served him a drink. It was due to his obsession with maids that he attempted to inherit Oscar Orcus's will of creating a maid golem, which he succeeded by creating Freesia, a human-shaped Grim Reaper. Due to his maid fetish, he created the Fleur Knights, a group of combat maids which consisted of beautiful women which he trained.
When he got back from the trip in Tortus he shows his family (who were waiting for him) his own family that he made while exploring Tortus and truth be told that he's very glad that his parents aren't upset of what he becomes.
Powers & Abilities
- Mystical Mutation - In the Great Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime devours numerous powerful Demonic Beasts, manages to survive the lethal process due to the Ambrosia and his iron forged will. As a result, Hajime's constitution was mutated by the magic of the monster, granting him a tremendously high status, even breaking pass the level 100 limit. At the costs of his mutation, he will no longer be considered as human and no longer be afraid at anything anymore.
- Immense Strength - After continuously devouring many powerful Demonic Beasts and absorbing their powers, by the end of conquering the Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime gained tremendous superhuman physical power that is completely monstrous and inhuman, his base Strength being twelve times far superior to Kouki Amanogawa who is Ehit's strongest "hero", surpassing even Tio the strongest Dragonman in her dragon form, able to carry his oversized Pile Bunker or heavy artillery such as Orkan with little effort. Even without resorting to weapons, he can overpower the strongest humans, beastmen, and monsters with pure physical might, blocking a zombified Meld's swordsmanship who was the strongest Knight of Heiligh Kingdom with only one finger, throwing small harmless objects such as sugar cubes with extreme force to knock down knights. When using his true powers, Hajime can easily break bones and strike with enough force to rupture his enemies' internal organs even Humans who were blessed by Ehit with enhanced physical power, such as when Hajime broken almost all of Hiyama's bones and damaging his internal organs severely as he brutally beat Hiyama up and gripped his neck to lift the latter with only one hand with no efforts. In the Schnee Labyrinth, Hajime easily overpowered a Limit Break enhanced Kouki without even using his full strength, bypassing the enhanced protection of Kouki's Limit Break enhanced durability, Physical Resistance Skill and Divine Armor which is the strongest armor type Artifact sending him crashing into an icy wall with one kick pulverizing it and defeated him without sustaining injuries or efforts when brutalized the so-called "chosen hero". After killing Ehit and his servant, Alva, Hajime now holds the power to kill gods or immortal beings with his newly reputation as the "God Slaying Demon King". Hajime can easily defeat weaker enemies with just one hit even in large numbers such as Yaegashi Family's Dojo's students and bullied the Soul Sisters both groups who are annoying to his wife, Shizuku Yaegashi. Hajime has carried anyone without even getting exhausted when carried Yue and Shizuku (while she was asleep). Hajime's strength has no equal as he is undefeated and never lost to anyone as well-being the strongest and not even Kouki can defeat Hajime or surpassing him either. Hajime can also break normal swords, shields, spears and armors with his bare hand as he broke Kondou's spear and both Meld and Hiyama's swords. No matter how his enemies were strong or durable, Hajime can bypass his enemies' defensive abilities and defeating them effortlessly, as he did in his second fight against Kouki. According to Ahat, Hajime is far too powerful than she expected when killed Noint. His strength is too powerful when he broke from spells includes the Holy Church's powerful spell when they intervene his fight with Noint as he brutalized them effortlessly.
- Immense Speed - Hajime's speed and reflexes are also augmented to be extremely formidable, his Agility being at least twelve times faster than one of his wives, Shizuku Yaegashi, supplemented with his speed-oriented skills, making it impossible for most enemies to detect his movements in battle. Even his overpowered classmates, such as Kouki, couldn't so much as sense Hajime's movements.
- Immense Durability - Hajime has gained superhuman physical durability, capable of withstanding attacks that would prove fatal for most people. Hajime's durability is at least 12 times tougher than Ryutarou Sakagami. He didn't receive any sort of injuries from feeble attacks such as Cattleya's most powerful attack, Kouki Amanogawa's strongest attack and Daisuke Hiyama's fireball as his body acts like armor, and he felt nothing but annoyance to him from those weak attacks even attack are not strong to even hurting him. When using his defensive abilities, Hajime's body becomes strong enough to handle attacks from one of God Apostle while only receiving minor injuries which only nicked him a little. Even when Freid ambushed him while got his guard down, it wasn't enough to kill Hajime when he is still able to fight with his injuries.
- Immense Endurance - Due to his countless brutal experiences in the Orcus Labyrinth from the agony of consuming monsters to withstanding numerous life-threatening injuries from fighting all the powerful monsters, Hajime has attained tremendous tolerance to grievous pain. Augmented with his mystically mutated vitality and defense status, Hajime can withstand most attacks with only minimal discomfort.
- Enhanced Senses - After continuously devouring many different types of monsters throughout Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime has developed superhuman senses. From having to fight different types of enemies that could completely hide their presence throughout Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime has honed his senses to the point where he can easily notice things before almost everyone else, with only Shea having better hearing due to her long ears.
- Immense Mana - After continuously devouring many powerful monsters throughout Orcus Dungeon, Hajime's mana developed to extremely powerful and massive levels, far surpassing Atavists such as Yue, Shea and Tio, all of whom have powerful mana themselves. His original sky blue mana changing to crimson color. When he releases his mana, it's powerful enough to block the immense mana pressure released from Noint, God Apostle, protecting Aiko who was about to fall unconscious. When enraged, he was able to cause all his classmates, who had overpowered cheat abilities to freeze in sheer terror. His mana capacity and regeneration are vast enough for him to operate the "Fenrir" flying craft, which consumes an immense amount of mana to travel between locations.
- Genius Intellect - While his intellectual ability in academic studies is average, Hajime has proven himself to be an extremely clever genius in engineering. He has immense scientific knowledge which was self-taught from manga, anime, movies and video games. Hajime's intuition is also extremely accurate and spot on, as he was able to correctly deduce that one of his classmates is purposely responsible for the apparent misfired fireball that led to his fall into the deepest depths of the Orcus Dungeon and the reason being jealousy towards Kaori's infatuation towards himself and would also commit any horrific atrocities to force Kaori to become his sex slave when Hajime warned Aiko about it. He would later be proven correct when Hiyama had assisted Eri in massacring and zombified all the Knights of Heiligh Kingdom and also the death trap for their classmates and even murdered Kaori herself in order to make her his personal undead sex slave, a fact which even the extremely sharp minded Shizuku had noticed only when it was too late. Hajime was also the first to noticed that the Humans and Demons of Tortus were actually worshiping the same Evil God Ehit, who is actually posing as two different gods in order to manipulate the two race into fighting and killing each other for millennia after learning about Ehit's callous apathy towards the destruction of the Heiligh Kingdom, who were supposed to be his most faithful worshippers, from Noint and that Ehit would send even more Apostles after him. This would be proven when Hajime succeeded in slaying Noint and stopping Freid Bagwa's invasion of the Heiligh Kingdom, Ehit send five hundred Apostles to support the Demons as reinforcements to not completely annihilate the Humans who were Ehit's worshipers but also to eliminate Hajime. Hajime has also shown to be an acute judge of character, as he noticed the real reason why Tio joined his party was because she was hoping to uses him in her revenge against the gods, something the others only realize after she confessed it herself. Hajime also chose to confide in his teacher Aiko about the true reason of his refusal to rejoin them by telling her the secret he learnt from Oscar about Ehit's true nature as a twisted Evil God as he fully understands that Aiko who is extremely devoted to her students will absolutely believe his words as he is also one of her students whom she prioritized above all else and later Kaori since she held immense love towards Hajime will also believe him. When Kouki questioned why he had not told them about Ehit's true nature earlier when they reunited in the Orcus Dungeon, Hajime stated that Kouki will never want to believe him by elaborately pointing out his misguided sense of justice, inability to differentiate between good and evil and most of all his habit of conveniently twisting and interpreting things to fit his worldview and will even get angry at him for seemingly slandering the god who had chosen him to be the Hero, a statement which even Kouki himself could not deny. Despite his average grades, he learned the Norse Mythology when he considered Noint similar to Valhalla's Valkyries.
- Master Inventor - Hajime is an extremely resourceful and innovative inventor, combining his scientific knowledge learned from countless manga, anime, and movies with his transmutation skill to create various powerful techno-magical weapons and other advanced magic-powered machinery similar to Earth's modern military technology as well as science fiction technology. Hajime has shown to be an extraordinarily talented firearms designer, having managed to make firearms and artillery with unique customizations such as Donner & Schlag break action revolvers designed for mid-air reloading customized with make-shift swing out cylinders to incorporate the greater firepower of swing out revolvers, incorporating shotguns into Oscar's magical prosthetic arm artifact as well as Shea's Drucken War Hammer, modified the new Schlagen anti-material rifle to function as a sniper rifle by mounting a telescopic scope to shoot from long distances, designed Metzelei as a handheld portable Gatling Gun. Hajime is also a self-taught genius in vehicle engineering, having designed Steiff motorcycle, Brise pickup truck, a submarine and most of all Fenrir airship.
- Master Craftsman: Hajime has trained his craftsmanship as a Synergist to uttermost perfection, due to his earliest attempts to create modern firearms which are extremely difficult to create in comparison to swords and armors, eventually succeed after countless trial and error. With unrivaled precision and dexterity in his craftsmanship, Hajime became an outstanding master gunsmith. Combined with Age of God's creation magic, Hajime can create techno-magical artillery of tremendous power. In addition to guns, Hajime can also apply his skills into crafting melee weapons of the highest quality including refining them to be much more powerful as well as perfectly repair ancient artifacts. Hajime's masterpieces as a Synergist include his signature revolvers Donner and Schlag, Shizuku Yaegashi's Black Katana, Shea Haulia's Drucken War Hammer, and Suzu Taniguchi's Tessen Folding Fans. He is currently considered the best craftsman on Tortus, so much that all of the Heiligh Kingdom's finest Synergists including Volpen wanted Hajime to accept them as his apprentices after appraising his craftsmanship in Shizuku's Black Blade Katana and perfectly restoring the Heiligh Kingdom's barrier artifact in a matter of seconds.
- Master Tactician - Hajime is an extremely pragmatic tactician, relying on unorthodox yet extraordinary strategies allow him to outsmart most enemies, including the God Apostle Noint. He managed to expose the truth that had most humans to turn against the God Ehit which succeeded with the help of his teacher, Aiko and Princess Liliana. Before his transformation, Hajime make cunning uses of his Transmute ability to first immobilize his target before killing it, something that impressed the knights who didn't expect him to be of much help at the time. This tactic worked even in the true Orcus Labyrinth, where the monsters were stronger and weren't weaken by someone beforehand. During the battle against the Behemoths, Hajime was able to quickly figure out a way to hold it back so his classmates could launch a barrage of magic attack against it when they were ready, which mostly worked if it wasn't for Daisuke trying to kill him. Hajime is good at taking advantage of his environment to his advantage, as he often used the terrain to ricochet his bullets so they can hit enemies who are dodging. During his battle with a doppelgänger-enhanced Kouki, he was capable of taking advantage of Kouki's collapsed mental state which left his attacks predicable, to easily overwhelm him.
- Master Marksman - Like Earth's military soldiers, Hajime is naturally gifted in the uses of firearms, having mastered them all on his own while in the abyss. Hajime has outstanding marksmanship in dual wielding his techno-magical revolvers, Donner and Schlag to destroy large numbers of powerful enemies in quick succession with deadly accuracy. During his battle against Noint, Hajime was able to aim at a certain point on her swords and repeatedly shot at it during their mid-air, high-speed close-combat fight until her swords snapped. Hajime can also wield his larger, more powerful firearms with equally amazing accuracy, even when he's holding them with one arm each. Hajime can ricochet his bullets off surrounding walls, allowing him to hit targets from their blind spots. He can also pinpoint his enemies' weak points, such as Noint's crystal-like heart and Kouki's kneecaps and shoulder. He is capable of shooting things without looking at them, as was demonstrated when he shot the Frost Eagles that were attacking Shizuku or during his battle with a corrupted Kouki. Hajime's marksman abilities are so immense that Shizuku wondered if Hajime had a secondary Gunner job which granted him such skill.
- Stealth Expert - Due to his mastery of his "Hide Presence" skill, Hajime is capable of masking and manipulating his presence to avoid detection. He is capable of easily infiltrating secure prisons, as he demonstrated when he rescued Aiko and later Cam and the other Haulia from their imprisonment.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant - Having never received any form of training before being summoned to Tortus and falling into the abyss, Hajime had self-taught himself how to fight. His fighting style has been regarded as the height of rationality, focusing on effectiveness. Hajime trains extremely extensively to incorporate kicks into his fighting style, which he combines with his monstrous superhuman physical prowess and leg enhancement skills, allowing him to overpower his enemies even those who were blessed with superhuman physical abilities without any effort. He easily brutally overpowers Daisuke Hiyama, a summoned Hero with enhanced abilities by breaking his bones and damaging his internal organs without resorting to his revolvers as Hajime's hand to hands combat skills are considered to be too dangerous. He can fight Shea, who has become extremely skilled at martial arts, on equal footing in a pure contents of hand-to-hand. When Kouki went berserk at the Frost Cavern of Schnee and fused with his powered up copy, Hajime still easily beat up the dimwitted hero without any trouble or trying to kill him even sustained no injuries. Though all of Kouki's stats being increased enough to rival Hajime's own, Kouki's tattered mental state made most of his attacks predictable, making them easy dodge and counterattack. During the final part of the Frost Cavern of Schnee, Hajime defeated his copy by fixing all the weakness and wasted movements in his fighting style, becoming better than when he started the fight.
- Expert Artist - While still inexperienced, Hajime possesses incredible artistic skill which he has learnt and developed by handling the illustrations of the game produced by his father’s video game company and helping assist his mother who is a famous shoujo mangaka for five years. Hajime would apply his artistic skills into drafting maps for exploring the Labyrinths and blueprints for his weapons and devices, even incorporate aesthetic designs in his equipment.
- Training Methods - From his experience in fighting monsters Hajime has developed unconventional yet effective training methods which he used to train himself for two months after conquering the Orcus Dungeon into a master marksman and hand-to-hand combatant. Hajime would later train his party, Haulia Tribe, Fleur Knights, Shizuku Yaegashi and Ryutarou Sakagami. These results of training made his pupils to be strong. According to Ryutarou Sakagami, Hajime is considered to be a pupil of "Gunnery Sgt. Hartman" due to his harsh training methods for others to become strong physically and mentally. Hajime could train the pacifistic Haulia Tribe into a deadly group of master assassins by weaponizing their natural skills in stealth and detecting enemies into ambush and sneak attacks maneuvers in just ten days.
Combat Styles & Techniques
- Gun Fu - This is a martial arts where the user uses firearms to fight.
- Polygonal Shot - Hajime shoot's a bullet that ricochets.
- Shotgun punch - An attack where he uses a shotgun on his prosthetic arm's to make his punch stronger.
- Oscillation Smash/Fracture - An arm thrust at high speed that is capable of pulverizing a large boulder in a single blow using the prosthetic arm.
- Pursuit - Magic that allows anything thrown by the user to become a homing object.
- Weaver Stance - Hajime's right arm thrust straight forward and left arm’s elbow slightly bent. His feet, one positioned forward and one backwards. It was the shooting posture, the pose to accurately fire Donner.
- 108 Harassment Demon king-style - It is one of the harassment styles developed by Hajime after the battle with Ehit in order to deal with problems. There are 108 harassment styles in total, but only a few of them are revealed so far.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "The Demon King is So Red Like"
The metal dust that had invaded into the body penetrated until inside the blood vessel, shredding the target from inside. If Hajime wanted, he could also use the crow type artifact "Ornis" as relay point to adjust the dust using "Convergence Transmutation", making the metal dust inside the body to react and give intense pain without killing the target. By the way, the crimson light was optional! The metal dust was clad with crimson light, becoming heavy fog that covered the world. The living organism inside that territory would have the inside of their body within the grasp of the demon king, at the same time their right to live or die was also wrestled away from them.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Gag Bullet"
"Gag Bullet" even though the impact was terrific, by using regeneration magic the target would be able to stand up again in three seconds as though nothing had happened, it was a bullet to make gag situation in real life.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Welcome to My Battlefield"
(The classmate's naming → You cannot escape from the demon king-sama!) It was a simple harassment done by simply making several hundreds Cross Velts Laying out super wide range space isolation type barrier. The space in a radius of three kilometers around Hajime as well as until the height of three kilometers was completely isolated. It was first used when the illegal agents of a certain country in earth tried to make a move against the returnees. At that time, Shinji and Yoshiki who carelessly entered the range kept yelling? "Let us out~, let us out from here~?" while hitting on the invisible wall.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Everyone Died Here You Know"
With the cooperation of Tio who was the best in using metamorphosis magic, Hajime succeeded in developing the Grim Reaper - Bio Hazard version that he was completely fixated upon. And he released them inside the barrier at that time, so the two's reaction was understandable. The Tyrant was especially popular. To the degree that several people completely lost their SAN value.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "I Won’t Say Just Once, Want To Try Dying No Matter How Many Times?
This harassment is carried out with the help of Bel Agartha, where Hajime would kill the target then revive him with Bel Agartha and then kill him again, repeating this process over and over again until the target surrender himself.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - “Peek-a-Demon King!”
It is a small trick carried out by Hajime using space isolation to completely isolate his presence , and amplified presence within isolate space using Coercion, after space Isolation was dispelled. What appeared was a bursting crimson mana with the Hajime grinning widely at the center.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Maou-san’s Phone Call"
Hajime uses arachnee golems while using telepathy to forcefully make the listener have the experience of something gradually approaching, and amplifying their sense of fear using spirit magic.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "From Today You Too Are Haulia"
Harassment Hajime uses by using an artifact that reproduces a pseudo “Divine Statement” by applying and enchanting spirit magic, which makes its target’s act chūni for a period of time.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - "Wish Upon a Star"
He pounded countless random Meteor Impacts from outside the stratosphere to attack the target mercilessly. The trajectory and speed of the meteors are adjusted using gravity control, turning all of them into a suitable meteor shower before ending it with a final super giant meteor. It was said that if a mistake was made, this harassment could even make the planet totally broken.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - “Make a Contract With Me and Become a Magical Girl! (Forced)”
It brainwashes a person into thinking that they are a pop star. Hajime first uses it against some government agents that try to spy on him.
- 108 Harassment Demon King-style - “Up, up! 4 km high!"
It attaches a rocket to the target and leaves them stranded in the sky while changing their focus into something completely different from before.
- Language Comprehension - A base skill granted to all those who got summoned. It gives the user the ability to understand any language and be proficient in it.
- Transmute - The base skill of the "Synergist" Job class. It allows the user to control, transform and manipulate any kind of ores, minerals or materials in any way or shape the user desires. In order to Transmute any object, the user has to be in contact with the object within the maximum range of 3 meters.
- Ore Appraisal/Mineral Appraisal - Allows the user to identity and understand the basic structure of ores, minerals and materials. In some cases, properties like magical affinity or hardness of the ore or mineral is also notified in numerical range of "1" (weakest) to "10" (hardest).
- Precision Transmutation/Precise Transmute - Increases the precision of transmutations.
- Decreased Magic Consumption - Decrease in magic consumption for using transmutation.
- Increased Transmutation Speed - Increases the speed of transmutation.
- Ore Perception/Mineral Probe - Allows the user to sense and locate any kind of ores, minerals and materials within a certain range.
- Ore Desynthesis/Mineral Isolation - Allows separation of ores and minerals.
- Ore Synthesis/Mineral Fusion - Allows fusion of ores and minerals into alloys.
- Duplicate Transmutation - Allows the user to create duplicates of an already existing transmuted object or item. It's possible to also replicate an item created by someone else.
- Accelerated Transmutation/Automatic Transmutation - Allows for continuous transmutation until the engraved magic circle is drained of mana, even if the caster isn't present during the transmutation process.
- Compression Synthesis - Allows compression of transmuted items
- Image Composition - Allows the user to use imaginary magic circles to cast spells. This skill is considered as the final derivative skill for the Synergist Job.
- Mana Manipulation - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows direct manipulation of mana without the need for a magic circles or incantations to enhance his body or use special magic.
- Mana Discharge - Allows user to focus and emit mana from their body.
- Mana Compression - Allows the user to compress and expel mana.
- Remote Manipulation - Allows the user to control the emitted mana.
- Iron Stomach - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to withstand the side effects of consuming Monster Meat by mutating the body to adapt to it. If the monster's strength and ability is equal or higher than the user, then the user will gain the power and Skills of the Monster consumed.
- Lightning Field - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to produce an electrical/lightning field from their own body. Can't be expelled directly from the body, but redirected external if proper conduction is used.
- Lightning Resistance - Increase resistance to lighting spells and lighting-based attacks.
- Increased Output- Further increases the damage output and strength of Lighting Field.
- Air Dance/Air Walk - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increases the base reaction speed of the user, and the ability to move at high speed.
- Aerodynamic/Aerodynamics - Allows the user to create small barrier-like plates of compressed air under their feet, to use as foothold to move around in the air.
- Supersonic Step/Flash Step/Quick Step - Allows quick high-speed movement.
- Steel Legs - Allows the user to reinforce their legs and increase the power and strength of their kicks.
- Riftwalk - The final derivative of the "Air Dance" Skill. Allows the user to move at extreme high-speed, and increases the ability of all the five senses to the maximum to allow better focus and process all information easily while in extreme high-speed mode.
- Gale Claw/Spirit Claw - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). It allows the user to create pressurized blades of wind/mana upon an object to attack at close range. The blades are really sharp enough to cut through almost anything. Hajime usually lays this skill upon his Guns for close-quarter combat.
- Triple Gale Claws - Instead of one blade, it unleashes three blades of wind/mana at once.
- Flying Gale Claws - Gale Claw can now be fired as a projectile.
- Night Vision - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows better vision in dark or night conditions.
- Farsight - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows an increased range of vision by focusing mana into the eyes.
- Sense Presence - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to gain a better understanding of the surrounding and sense life signs along with being able to sense beings who can utilize basic camouflage abilities. Has a range about 10 meters radius.
- Precision Sensing - Allows focused target search and tracking.
- Detect Magic - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to detect and perceive the flow of mana and activation of hidden or ranged spells and magic.
- Precision Sensing - Allows focused target search and tracking.
- Sense Heat - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to track and detect heat emitted around. Helpful in tracking warm-blooded creatures.
- Precision Sensing - Allows focused target search and tracking.
- Hide Presence - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to hide/mask their own presence, to avoid tracking and detection by others.
- Illusion Waltz - Allows the user to leave behind after-images while masking their own presence.
- Poison Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to poison status.
- Paralysis Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to paralysis status.
- Petrification Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to petrification status.
- Fear Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to fear or panic status.
- Elemental Resistance - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increase resistance to magical elements to a certain degree.
- Foresight - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows user to predict and perceive the movements of the opponent.
- Diamond Skin - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Coats the user's body in a hardened shell of mana, which increases the user's defenses and protects them from all attacks to a certain degree. The hardened shell of mana has of a diamond-patterned structure, hence the name.
- Diamond Protection
- Focused Hardening
- Steel Arms - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to reinforce their arms and increase the power and strength of their punches, elbows, chops and etc.
- Intimidate - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to cast Fear or Panic status to beings around, by amplifying the user's presence proportional to the amount of mana used to activate the skill.
- Telepathy - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to communicate with others by a transference of thoughts in from their mind. Has a limited range.
- Tracking - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to mark places or beings using their own mana and track them. Helpful to maps or get the general idea of a different region than the user's current location.
- Increased Mana Recovery - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Increases the mana recovery rate of the user.
- Mana Focusing
- Mana Conversion - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to convert mana into stat bonus for a certain period of time, thus allowing them to boost their own strength.
- Stamina Conversion - Converts mana into stamina.
- Healing Conversion - Converts mana to boost natural self-healing rate.
- Shock Conversion - Converts mana into pure force.
- Limit Break - (This skill was gained upon consuming Monster Meat). Allows the user to temporarily boosts their base stats by three times of normal for a limited period of time. But has a risk of leaving the user seriously fatigued after the duration is over. Also repeated usage of the skill could damage the body of the user.
- Overload - A skill greater than "Limit Break" - it multiplies the abilities of the user by five times with more damage recoil to the user than the normal Limit Break.
- Transcendence - A derivate skill of "Limit Break", but unlike it this skill doesn't increase the stats and abilities of the user, but rather raises the skill level of the user's latent talent to the maximum and granted the wielder an average person’s talent in fields of magic they had no affinity for, making it a skill that only a true master of a craft could acquire. This skill is generally considered hard to get and difficult to use, with normal people probably managing to use it only once in their whole life even after acquiring this skill. But if someone is able to master it, they can reach godly-level in their craft.
- Creation Magic - one of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which grants control over any object, structure (be it physical or magical) or mineral, allowing the user to shape or transform them in any way they wish. It is the only form of magic which allows the creation of an "Artifact". The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any inorganic material'. As a Synergist, Hajime has high compatibility with this magic and uses Creation Magic to generate his own supply of special and rare minerals for his equipment such as Taur, Shtar and even Azanthium without the need to mine for it in locations such as the Orcus Dungeon, Hajime can also use Creation Magic to enchant spells or Skills such as the other Ancient Magics into objects or existing Artifacts to make them stronger.
- Gravity Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", it gives the user control over gravity. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the energy of star', and just not gravity. Theoretically, it could also interfere with things like earth vein or terrestrial heat, bedrock or magma; and it isn’t impossible to use this magic to purposefully generate earthquake or volcano eruption.
- Spatial Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", it allows the user to manipulate the space around themselves, allowing them to either bend or expand the space near them or move themselves to another space or location. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the boundary'. Meaning it can allow the user to manipulate anything, like the elimination of race-creature gap, or formulating new boundary to create a spirit world; it's possible to achieve those kinds of things.
- Restoration Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to restore the state of anything to either its previous or original condition. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the time', meaning it has the ability to manipulate the time of anything, anyplace or anyone to a point the user desires to.
- Spirit Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to manipulate the soul of a living being directly. It's possible to revive a living being back from the dead (time restriction applicable), or transfer the soul of a living being from one body to another, or even into a non-physical body as well, practically granting any living being immortality. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the negative material possessed by living thing'. To be more specific, this magic could also interfere with things like energy inside the body that was mana, heat, electricity, then thought, consciousness, memory. Those who have mastery over this magic can even create an artificial consciousness, and allow it to inhabit anybody they wish.
- Evolution Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to enhance or evolve all other forms of power, be it strong or weak. It can work on even other "Ancient Magic" as well, boosting their power and scope. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the information about existing things'. This magic enhances or evolves an ability or power by a stage of 1, by interfering with the targets information, and the increased it one-by-one stage. Hajime has used this magic to further improve all his Artifact, making them all far stronger.
- Metamorphosis Magic - One of the "Ancient Magic" originating from the "Age of God", which allows a user to remake the form of a normal being and reform them into a different form. Normally, it's used to remake a normal organism and turn it into a monster, or even manipulate the magic stone of a monster and remake them. But the true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any organic material'. Meaning not only animals, but it's also possible to remake plants or intelligent beings, and reform their structure as needed. Even byproducts of organic material, like paper or food, can also be manipulated by this magic. The magic stone which gets created during the process is just a byproduct of the process.
- Concept Magic - It is a form of "Ancient Magic art" which is a combination of many other ancient magics. The main ability of Concept magic is that allows one to interfere with the laws of the world and impress concepts upon it. By raising up a powerful wish or desire with Spirit Magic and Evolution Magic, it can be raised to a level of a concept before being forcefully materialized with magical power. However, since the user's desire at of the time of use, is used as the base of the magic, to raise up and create the concept, the spell may not remain stable in subsequent uses, thus a single spell can only be used once under most circumstances. However, if the desire is still needed, it can be used more than once, like in the case of Hajime's crystal key which had the concept of "I want to return home" in it, was destroyed by Ehit he was still able to recreate the crystal key again because his desire of wanting to return home was still there. It should be noted however that concept magic requires the user to concentrate on raising up their wish in order to materialize the concept, as such it wouldn't be useful in a battle where the user is under attack. Also, some concepts aren't possible to materialize by the user on their own, for example, Hajime could only make degraded versions of the crystal key without Yue.
- Deny All Existences - A "Concept magic" created by Hajime, through Evolution magic, which overwrites other's information from "Exist" to "Non-Exist". Hajime combined this with his Transmutation and created several ultra-thin chains that inflict the magic on contact. Anything the chains touch will feel excruciating pain, even if they normally wouldn't, and quickly be cut into ever-smaller pieces until nothing is left.
Before the "Fall" as a Human
Hajime's base stats growth rate before his "fall" in Orcus Labyrinth when he was a human.
|Level||Strength||Vitality||Defense||Agility||Magic||Magic Defense||"as per"|
|1||10||10||10||10||10||10||LN - Volume 01|
After the "Fall" becoming a Human/Monster Hybrid
Hajime's base stats growth rate after his "fall" in Orcus Labyrinth, and became a monster by consuming monsters.
|"as per"||Light Novel - Volume 01||WN - ch122|
- The base stats given above aren't Hajime's current stats, as the last time the author provided stats for him in the Web Novel was before he acquired "Evolution Magic" from the Haltina's Labyrinth.
- Hajime's base stats increased because of his usage of Skills "Limit Break", which triples his base stats and "Overload", which quintuples his base stats. He can also further boost his base stats with the help of "Evolution Magic" and by using a mineral supplement drink which he created, named "CheatMate", that has the ability to double a person's base stats.
- (To Ilwa Chang): "A piece of paper can be a good shield if you use it right. My job’s Synergist, you know? My duty is to make sure anything that can be useful is made useful. Don’t worry, I’ll make good use of your support."
- (To David Zahler after he shot him) "I told you to mind your manners."
- (To Yuka Sonobe): "Sonobe. Don't die, all right? You've got guts. Well, for the most part."
- (To Cattleya about he's human): "No, actually, I'm not."
- (To Cattleya): "I’ll kill anyone that makes themselves my enemy, even the gods themselves. I can’t imagine someone stuck as their pawn is much of a threat."
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): God, you're persistent. Amanogawa, you're not mad about me killing her, are you? You're mad at yourself for not being able to kill her and pretending you've got a better reason for being pissed.
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): It's kill or be killed in this world. You've got to kill your enemies. What's wrong with that?
- (To Kouki Amanogawa) : "It’s my policy to kill anyone who becomes my enemy. Unless I have a good reason not to, I’ll make sure to kill them. It doesn’t matter whether they’re good or evil, or whether they can resist or not. The moment you show mercy is the moment you die. I learned that the hard way at the bottom of the abyss. Those are just my values though, and I have no intention of pushing them on anyone else. Still, if you plan on standing against me just because you don’t like that, then... Even if you are my former classmates, I won’t show you any mercy."
- (To Myu) Myu, where the hell did you learn those words?!
- (To Noint): "I’d like to see you try, God’s Puppet!"
- (To Noint): "Looks like this ‘Irregular’ was more than you could handle."
- (To undead Meld Loggins) "So she got you too, huh? What a shame.
- (To Eri Nakamura) "I don't care what drove you to this, I don't care what your motives are, and I don't have time to listen to you explain them. If that's all you've got to say... then die."
- (To Daisuke Hiyama before kicking him) "Shut up!"
- (To Daisuke Hiyama): "It wouldn't have mattered if i was here or not, Hell would have freeze over before you'd manage to do anything worthwhile with your miserable existence."
- (To Daisuke Hiyama): "Don’t pin the blame on other people. You’re the one who decided to stoop to this level. Both here and in Japan, you’ve always been the loser. You didn’t lose to other people. You’ve lost to yourself. You never once tried to take responsibility for anything. All you ever did was sit on the sidelines and insult everyone else, when the real loser was always you."
- (To Daisuke Hiyama after punching him) "Good luck surviving out there. Knowing you, you probably won't make it."
- (To Freid Bagwa after murdered 100,000 demon troops) "The foolish one is you, you big fool. When exactly did I say that I was allied with the Kingdom and these guys here? Don’t just selfishly categorize me with them. If you want a war, then go right ahead. However, if you get in my way just like now, I’ll erase everything. Ma~a, I’m not free enough to waste my time on 1 million opponents though, this time around I’ll let you off so hurry up with the remaining people and get lost. You’re the commander of the army right? "
- (To Kouki Amanogawa):"If I did told you, will you even believe me!?"
- (To Kouki Amanogawa):"After all, we are talking about you who love to interpret things to your own convenience. The god Ehit whom the people of this world believed in and also specially chose you to be the Hero was a twisted evil god, and that your heroism efforts are completely meaningless, if I told you that, you definitely wouldn’t have believed me. You will probably get mad at me instead. Am I not wrong!?”
- (To Kouki Amanogawa and his other classmates): "Are you stupid? Why must I go to such trouble just to suit your delusion? Don't tell me that just because I am a classmate, you all think that it is natural for me to always risked my life and limb to help all of you. If you keep believing and spouting that sort of ridiculous crap, its gonna end up just like what happened with Hiyama."
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): "If I have power, I should use it for justice? It’s because you think like that that you always end up messing up when it really matters. Personally, I think power should be wielded with a clear intent. You don’t do something because you have the power to. It’s because you want to do something that you obtain the power necessary to achieve it. If you really think you’re obligated to do things just because you have the strength to, then for you, strength is nothing more than a curse. You lack resolve, Amanogawa. Anyway, I’m not going to argue with you about the path I’ve chosen. If you keep pissing me off I’ll send you flying out of here like I did with Hiyama."
- (To Kouki Amanogawa):" Listen up, Amanogawa. I don’t care about your justice, and I have no interest in arguing with you about what’s right and wrong. We’re not friends, we’re not comrades, and we definitely don’t believe in the same things, so I have absolutely no intention of doing something just because you say so. All I did was allow you to accompany me for a bit. Don't you dare make me angry. The next time you do something stupid... I’ll break your arms and legs and send you back to the kingdom.”
- (To Shea Haulia): "You’re irreplaceable to me, Shea. I don’t want to hand you over to anyone else. Now that you’ve become special to me, I won’t ever let you go. I hope you’re ready."
- (To the corrupted Kouki Amanogawa after shot one of his kneecaps) "Pathetic. Why don't you use the extra feature I added to your equipment? You'd put up more of a fight that way at least.
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): "Moron, You already lost to temptation.
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): "First, I decide what it is I want. Then, I decide what it is I need to do in order to make that happen. After that, all that’s left is to do it. There’s no point in worrying about whether I can do it or not. If I have time to worry, I have time to think about what my next move should be. I’ve decided. I’m going to back home to Japan with Yue and everyone. I’m going to show them all the cool things Earth has, and introduce them to my parents. That’s what I’m putting my life on the line for. I don’t have time to care about ‘what ifs’ that even my own subconscious doesn’t have the answers to."
- (To Kouki Amanogawa): "I know better than anyone I’m just putting the problem off instead of solving it, and that this isn’t a very human line of thought to begin with. But that’s still no reason to stop here."
- (After defeating his doppelgänger): "No matter what future’s waiting for me, I won’t stop struggling."
- (To the corrupted Kouki Amanogawa): "When you're this stupid, there's no point even pointing out your stupidity. But let me say just one thing. Who do you think you are, saying Yue's name without honorifics? You bastard."
- (To Freid Bagwa): "What kind of an idiot would head straight into the enemy stronghold when they know it's a trap? If we're gonna fight anyway, we're better fighting here. Let's settle this once and for all, Freid!"
- (To Adul Klarus): " I want Tio"
- (To Adul Klarus): "Tio belongs to me now. If you don't like that, you 'll have to steal her back from me. I'll accept your challenge anywhere,anytime "
- Hajime's surname "Nagumo" means "south cloud" (南雲).
- Most of Hajime's inventions are named in German.
- Hajime's inventions are based on the anime he watched.
- Hajime is quite sensitive being called a "Chunibyo" and a "Tsundere".
- Hajime is a skilled artist due to assisting his parents with their work for years.
- Before his transformation, Hajime has the same mana color as Shea and Miledi Reisen.
- In the Light Novel, Hajime's Demon Eye has a faint blue glow, but in the Anime its red.
- Other names Hajime considered for Yue included "Tsukuyo", "Luna", and "Selena".
- Hajime's English voice actor, Matt Shipman, also voiced Hiro from Darling in the Franxx. He was romantically involved with Zero Two, who was also voiced by Yue's english voice actress Tia Ballard.
- Hajime has appeared in several videos in the YouTube channel WatchMojo. He was ranked 7th in "Top 10 Refuse-To-Die Moments in Anime", 2nd in "Top 10 Anime Losers Turned Badass", and 3rd in "Top 10 Anime Characters That Look Identical" (the last one compared him to Najenda from Akame ga Kill).
- Hajime is one of three classmates who are no longer fully human anymore (the others being Kaori and Eri).
- Hajime’s may be immortal because he ate monster meat but he isn’t sure.
|Aiko Hatayama • Hajime Nagumo • Kaori Shirasaki • Shizuku Yaegashi • Kouki Amanogawa • Ryutarou Sakagami • Suzu Taniguchi • Kousuke Endou • Yuka Sonobe • Mao Yoshino • Nana Miyazaki • Taeko Sugawara • Ayako Tsuji • Atsushi Tamai • Akito Nimura • Noboru Aikawa • Jugo Nagayama • Kentarou Nomura • Shinji Nakano • Yoshiki Saitou|
|Yue • Shea Haulia • Tio Klarus • Remia • Myu • Liliana S. B. Heiligh|