|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
He was the supreme commander of the demon race's army.
Freid has red eyes and red hair with pointy ears. He also has a masculine build. It was mentioned that he was consider to be one of a good looking man in the demon race. After got severely injured by Tio during his first encounter with Hajime Nagumo, Freid sustained massive scars all across his body.
When Fried enters the divine gate that leads to Ehit, he wears priest-like clothes that make him looks divine even though he is a demon. He also changes his hair color from red to white and grows a pair of white wings.
I don’t know who you are, but you’ll pay dearly for interfering with my holy mission. God is with me. The day we finally meet will be your last. Heretics have no right to live.
— Monologue, Light Novel Volume 05
Freid is a devoted follower of the god that the demons worship. He is very prideful of his looks, as he gets irritated when Yue calls him ugly. He gets irritated more from his humiliated scars when he got severely injured by Tio while in her dragon form. Freid is calm, collected and very confident in his abilities. While he comes off as arrogant due to being able to uses Ancient Magic, he knows the limits of his abilities and can admit when someone is stronger than him, even choosing to avoid facing them head on. He hates humans as he viewed them as an inferior species but was ordered to recruit the Hero Party or kill them if they refused. In these cases, he would uses whatever means if he can use it to destroy his enemies, whether it's through surprise attacks or taking hostages which makes Freid a coward and his tactics has made a fool of himself when his ambushed on Hajime failed to kill him even when he is injured, he can still fight leaving Freid to flee away even when gets severely injured by Tio's wrath. He even ran away from Yue after dealt him with a serious injury blow.
Freid is very ignorant and delusional who has a bad habit of jumping to conclusions about his enemies. During the demon's invasion on Heiligh Kingdom, he mistakenly the reason why Yue refuses his proposal to join the demon side was because when he foolishly thinks she was a champion of Ehit. He further mistakenly that he thinks Hajime and his group cared about the Kingdom and thought he could use them as hostage against him to force him to give him the locations of the Labyrinths, which Hajime berates him for his deluded thinking as revealed that he and his companions never cared for the Heiligh Kingdom as well they never have any allegiances with both the Kingdom or the so-called "heroes" when he refused to give him the locations for his ignorance.
Freid cares a great deal about his fellow demons. He took the time to comforted Mikhail when he learns his lover Cattleya was killed and is angry when Yue turns his army's attacks against them. The only reason why he pulled back his force at the Heiligh Kingdom was because he didn't want to waste his brethren lives needlessly after Hajime killed 100,000 of Freid's men. He is also wishes to help his fellow demons become stronger by giving them army of powerful monsters so they could conquer the other Great Labyrinths with the end goal being to strengthen Garland and the demon race by monopolizing Ancient Magic only to failed by underestimating Hajime and his companions.
Freid explored the labyrinth in the Frost Caverns of Schnee, and managed to acquire Ancient Magic which allowed him to control monsters. He then began to use this newfound power to tip the scales of demons' war against the humans in the demons' favor.
When the heroes arrived at Tortus in order to fight the demons, he dispatched one of his subordinate with a detachment of monsters in order to either recruit or kill them, and to obtain the Ancient Magic in the process.
When Freid heard the news of Cattleya's death, he immediately departed to the Grand Gruen Volcano after realizing that the enemy was more of a threat than he thought and successfully completed the labyrinth's trial and obtained it's magic, as a result. He then lay in wait for Hajime and his party to arrive at the end and nearly killed him after launching a surprise attack from his dragon mount just as soon as they completed the labyrinth's last trial. Despite the element of surprise on his side, Freid was forced to retreat after engaging Hajime and the others in a battle, but not before destroying the labyrinth's keystone and forcing the volcano to erupt all of it's magma. As Freid fled, he was pursued by Tio Klarus in her dragon form and sustained serious injuries from her as he escaped.
After he recovered from his wounds, he lead a large invasion which consisted of 100,000 demons and monster to the Heiligh Kingdom and managed to easily breakthrough the kingdom's defenses thanks to the treachery of Eri Nakamura. During the invasion, he came face-to-face with Yue, who wanted to get revenge on him for the injuries he inflicted on Hajime in their last encounter. Freid attempted to recruit Yue, but she claimed that her only loyalty was to Hajime. Yue managed to inflict serious harm upon Freid, but he managed to escape once again. Following Hiyama's death, Freid then proceeded to met up with Hajime at palace courtyard and attempted to stop him by threatening to kill the people of the Heiligh Kingdom. Hajime caught Freid off guard and destroyed the majority of the demon's initial invasion forces using "Hyperion", without regard to the people of the Kingdom. Hajime then proceeded to insult and point out Freid's habit of assuming things on his own and bluffed and threatened to destroy the rest of his forces if he did not retreat. Due to not having any information regarding the Light pillar or any other weapons Hajime may have in his possession, Fried then concluded it would be too much of a risk continuing the battle and instead opted to fall for the latter's bluff and retreat with his new ally Eri Nakamura, via Teleportation Gate. Before departing, Freid vowed to personally kill Hajime in the name of his God.
Freid's retreated his homeland Garland after his defeat. He later learned that the demons' campaign against the Hoelscher Empire and the Beastman nation Verbergen had also ended in failure. It was then that he was ordered to report to the king. After Freid arrived, he apologized for the demons' recent defeats under his command , believing that he failed due to underestimation his opponent. The king, however, did not blame Freid and instead claimed that his enemy was simply too powerful to defeat. The king then claimed that he recieved an oracle from their god Alva and that he would send them aid in order to defeat Hajime and capture him and his companions. Freid was about to protest the idea of bringing such powerful enemies to his homeland, but was interrupted when a pillar of light suddenly appeared in front of him. Freid believed it to be Hajime attacking them, but the king calmed him down. It was then that the Apostle Hearst appeared in front of Freid and the king and offered the aid of herself, as well as 500 more apostles, in order to defeat Hajime.
Powers & Abilities
- Master Tactician - Freid is shown to be a capable tactician. Understanding he would lose if he tried to fight Hajime head on, he waited at the bottom of the Grand Gruen Volcano to ambush Hajime and his party, launching a powerful surprise attack as soon as they dropped their guards and failed on killing Hajime though injured the latter.
- Enhanced Speed - Freid has sharp reflexives and excellent reaction time, capable of avoiding attacks that would've prove fatal had they landed.
- Immense Endurance - Fried has a high level of tolerance toward extremely temperature, having managed to clear the extreme cold of the Frost Cravens of Schnee and the extreme heat of the Grand Gruen Volcano. He took severely injury from Tio's attack in her true form. He later took yet another severely injury from Yue's attack and barely move with his injury. In the latter's case, he was able to wait at final floor until Hajime and his party cleared the final trial.
- Immense Mana - Being considered the strongest member of the demon race, Freid possess high levels of mana. After undergoing the Apostle transformation process, Freid gains the immense mana of one of God's Apostles, allowing him to perform his spells on larger scales and at higher levels than before. Despite being the strongest member of the demons, his strength is inferior to Hajime Nagumo and his party (harem).
- Magic Master - Freid has shown to be a skilled magic user, having managed to conquer Frost Caverns of Schnee, being the only demon to do so. Using Metamorphosis Magic, he was able to create a massive army of powerful monsters with a wide variety of abilities. They could even overwhelm the hero's party with minor difficulties. After gaining Spatial magic, Freid learned to make uses of it to launch surprise attacks from his enemies blind spots. Due to becoming a Apostle, Freid's magic prowess increased as he can utilize his Ancient Magic on much higher scale as he was capable of creating spacial barriers that couldn't be detected by Hajime's "Demon Eye" and his Metamorphosis Magic was able to enhance his Ash Dragon's to the level of power that Uranus possessed during the ambush at the Gruen Volcano and Uranus to a level that surpassed a Divine Beast.
- Far Sight - A skill that allows an increased range of vision by focusing mana into the eyes.
- Spatial Magic - One of the "Ancient Magics" originating from the "Age of Gods", which allows the user to manipulate the space around themselves, allowing them to either bend or expand the space near them or move themselves to another space or location. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the boundary'. Meaning it can allow the user to manipulate anything, like the elimination of race-creature gap, or formulating new boundary to create a spirit world; it's possible to achieve those kinds of things.
- Metamorphosis Magic - One of the "Ancient Magics" originating from the "Age of Gods", which allows a user to remake the form of a normal being and reform them into a different form. Normally it's used to remake a normal organism and turn it into a monster, or even manipulate the magic stone of a monster and remake them. But the true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with any organic material'. Meaning not only animals, but it's also possible to remake plants or intelligent beings, and reform their structure as needed. Even byproducts of organic material, like paper or food, can also be manipulated by this magic. The magic stone which gets created during the process is just a byproduct of the process.
- Cosmic Rift - Spatial magic that connects two separate points in space and forms a gate.
- Void Fissure - Spatial magic that forcibly contracts, then rapidly expands space in a certain area. The resulting shockwaves cause explosions that can't be defended by regular means.
- Garland - Freid cares in a great deal for his fellow demons. He was ordered to recruit the "Hero Party" or kill them if they refused. When Freid shown in shock after Hajime murdered Freid's 100,000 troop in a blink of an eye. Freid chose to retreat to save his remaining troop's lives.
- Alva - Freid is a devoted worshiper for the god that he people follow. He will kill anyone who disrespected or insult in the god's name.
- Uranos - Freid's dragon mount.
- Ehit - Initially Freid despises Ehit due to being the god that the humans worshipped. After discovering that Alva is actually a vassal to Ehit, Fried becomes absolutely loyal to the self-styled god.
- Eri Nakamura - Despite their alliance, Freid does not trust Eri due to his resentment to humans and would kill her. But when Ehit found her amusing, Freid was forced to work with her.
- Hearst - Freid holds Hearst, as well as the other Apostles, in high regard due to them being direct servants of Ehit.
- Hajime Nagumo - Hajime is Freid's sworn enemy after he and his party killed Cattleya and her forces. He failed on his attempted to kill Hajime (although injured him) by ambushing him using his dragon mount and with this failure, he was forced to retreat. He encountered Hajime the second time when he invaded the Heiligh Kingdom, but he underestimated Hajime when witnessed Hajime's satellite laser destroyed many of Freid's 100,000 initial force. Hajime called Freid a fool for his mistook thinking and refused to give him the locations of the Labyrinths. Hajime also threatened Freid that he will destroy more of his troop if he doesn't retreat. Following with no other options, Freid retreated but give a warning to Hajime, he sworn revenge upon Hajime if they meet again.
- Yue - Freid is Yue's enemy. He asked her to join the demons side but only for him to be offended and refused his offer by calling him ugly and claimed her loyalty belongs to Hajime alone. When Freid attempted to attack Yue for insulting him, she inflicted him a serious injury blow from her attack caused Freid to retreat from her.
- Tio Klarus - Tio is Freid's enemy. When Freid retreating from his engage with Hajime of his failure to kill him, Tio, in her dragon form, unleashed her attack and severely injured Freid. Even though he was recovered from his injuries, he bears scars from his humiliation by Tio and sworn to kill her and the others.
- Remia & Myu - Freid is enemies with the mother and daughter Dagons when he attempted to capture them as hostages to force Hajime to surrender but only to be foiled by Hajime.
- Hero Party - Following his land's orders, Freid is willing to recruit the Hero Party or kill them if they refused. He mistakenly believed that they are allies with Hajime when he tried to use them as hostages in hopes Hajime will give him the location of the Great Labyrinths.
- (To Hajime Nagumo): "I swear I'll make you pay for this. I swear it by my god. You'll meet your end at my hands."
- Freid is the reason why the humans of Tortus needed to summon the students from Japan in their war against the demons.
- Freid's thoughts and actions after conquering the Frost Cravens of Schnee can be considered the opposite of Hajime's own after he conquered the Great Orcus Labyrinth; where Hajime learned the truth of the gods and decided he didn't want to get involved their twisted game nor aid the human race by offering his Artifacts, Fried became utterly devoted to the demon's god and uses his Age of God magic to support the demon races with his armies of monsters.