After Hajime survived, Hiyama was reduced from a bully to a coward as he became terrified of Hajime's destructive strength and ruthlessness. He also lost his only chance to get Kaori's attraction when she leave to join Hajime's trip. He attempted to manipulate Hajime by feigning his apologize for Hajime to return to the "Hero Party" only refused and got compromised of his once attempted murder plan on Hajime early. After his plan was backfired by Hajime, Hiyama went insane and completely breakdown as his life would be in jeopardy and would die at Hajime's hands if he harms his harems including Kaori. He teamed up with Eri to ensure Kaori will be his girlfriend.
During the War on Heiligh Kingdom, He and Eri betrayed his classmates and his old gang as well were branded as traitors when they murdered the knights and their classmates. In the end, Hiyama was betrayed by Eri and was killed and devoured by monsters following his easy defeat and abandoned to death by Hajime for his betrayal and crimes.
Daisuke is young man with with long brown hair, and has an arrogant expression on his face. While Hajime's alive and became a monster, he has also a cowardly expression on his face. After he got extremely breakdown by Hajime, Hiyama also has an insane expression.
In a moment of his death, his left arm was eaten off by one of the monsters.
Daisuke often bullied Hajime because he was jealous of the attention that Kaori was giving towards him. After being teleported to Tortus, his bullying towards Hajime rose to a great extent by using violence and disguising it as a part of training. It also comes to the point of him attacking Hajime on the bridge, causing him to fall which resulted of him to become paranoid and tries to justify his actions. This became the start of Daisuke's descent into insanity, as he agreed to do what Eri said, both for his personal safety and for his desire to have Kaori.
He is also manipulative as he exploited Kaori's kind nature and Kouki's hero complex to have the rest of his classmates forgive him for nearly getting them killed to to his own "mistakes". After Hajime survived and Kaori join Hajime's party, Daisuke feigning asked Hajime for "forgiveness" and forget from his mistreated they've did months only for Hajime, however doesn't care about his mistreatment anymore as refused and not only calling Daisuke and his gang weak and worthless, but known of Daisuke's attempted murder on Hajime which caused Daisuke's insanity.
He was also shown to be a disloyal and selfish creep and a despicable chowderhead who only cared for himself and was willing to abandon others when things got dangerous, such as when he was willing to accept Cattleya's offer to join the demon's side if meant for his survival. He never cared for his gang as he considered them as nothing but tools to him. He is obsessed with Kaori and did everything to make her his girlfriend, but it always failed because he only frightened her. After Kaori started travelling with Hajime, he chose to team up with Eri Nakamura (his fellow classmate and traitor) to ensure Kaori would be his but this ended up as a failure when Hajime arrived which only caused Eri to desert Hiyama after the latter revealed he was nothing but a pawn to her.
After learning of Hajime's survival and obtaining monstrous strength, he was reduced to a cowardly wimp as shown when he became terrified of Hajime after he murdered Cattleya without any hesitation as well as tell Kouki that he will kill anyone including his former classmates after giving them a warning. After Kaori joined Hajime, Hiyama has become more scared of Hajime after how easily he defeated Kouki in an unarmed duel without any difficulty. Hiyama is also terrified of death by Hajime's hand knowing if he lays a finger on Hajime's harem including Kaori. While Hajime and his party are preparing to leave for another journey, Hiyama desperately attempted to feign an apology to Hajime so he would forgive him, return to the "Hero Party", and forget about his past mistreatment that they've gave him months ago, solely just so he could get closer to Kaori. However, he was left terrified even more when Hajime not only refused to forgive him, but revealed he didn't even cared about his previously mistreatment which doesn't any means to him anymore as he could see the madness and lack of sincerity in Hiyama's eyes by calling him and his gang worthless and weak. When Hajime revealed he was already aware of his actions and exposed Hiyama as the one responsible for his fall, Hiyama had gotten into a complete mental breakdown and became a deranged lunatic.
He also became afraid and enraged at the fact that not only the once weak Hajime gained strength that holds far more superiority than his own, but he will never get Kaori to be his girlfriend for the rest of his life. This caused him to fall into insanity to become a crazy lunatic, as he was willing to take part in Eri's plan if it meant he could have Kaori, even going as far as to kill her himself so Eri could turn Kaori into his undead slave. When Hajime ruined Hiyama's only chance to make Kaori as his girlfriend, Hiyama badmouthed Hajime for ruining his chance even when he was severely injured, Hiyama has proved to be a sore loser and so persistent when he attacked Hajime with a fireball before he could kill Eri despite of her betrayal towards Hiyama and continually blamed Hajime and bragged his last words of he will kill him no matter what it takes only for Hajime tell to Hiyama of his claims will be impossible for him as well Hajime told Hiyama that he will not expected the latter to survive when Hajime kicked Hiyama to the courtyard as the monsters are approaching as Hajime expected. While severely injured and unable to move or fighting back, Hiyama is also terrified of the monsters as they are shown up to eat him alive as he screamed in agony and terror when they are continually devouring him as well tearing him apart after Hajime walked away and abandoned Hiyama to his miserable death.
However, due to his lack of responsibilities and have always insulted people back at school, it was Hiyama's ambitions and lusts for Kaori as well as his tremendous arrogance has lead himself nothing but to his own failures even when he was betrayed by Eri due to him being too weak against Hajime as well his own downfall when he was easily defeated by Hajime and kicked out to the courtyard to be eaten by the monsters and abandoned by Hajime in the end.
Daisuke was the leader of the gang that constantly harass Hajime. Even after the summoning and the fact that he had superior stats than Hajime, the harassment became worse as he begun using violence during training sessions by disguising it as a part of their training.
During the their exploration into the Great Orcus Labyrinth, Daisuke tried to take a giant glanz crystal in an attempt to impress Kaori, but it turned out to be a trap and transported everyone to the 65th floor. They soon found themselves at a stone bridge and was trapped between a behemoth and and army of traum soldiers. At the end of the battle, he attacked Hajime while everyone was busy bombarding the behemoth and caused him to fall off the bridge. He later convinced himself that nobody was aware of his actions but eventually he was blackmailed by a fellow classmate and manipulated him by promising to give him Kaori as a reward if he help her with her plans.
Upon learning of Hajime's survival, Daisuke completely denied it until he saw Kaori cling to him. When Hajime killed Cattleya, Hiyama shown in fear and terrified of Hajime. His desperation grew when Kaori decided to join Hajime to stay by his side, but was unable to convince her otherwise. This resulted in him begging Hajime instead and asked him for forgiveness to comeback. However, Hajime refused his offer by subtly dropping hints that he knew who was the culprit behind his fall which left him in shock as Hajime and the others leave. Daisuke completely broke down afterwards but was reassured by Eri that he could easily get her back.
Betrayal and Death
Daisuke participated on killing the kingdom's knights and was involved on killing the Knight Commander Meld Loggins. When the demons invaded the Heiligh Kingdom, all of the students discovered that Daisuke and Eri were traitors when Eri commanded her army of undead knights to subdue her classmates. Unfortunately, Daisuke's betrayal was not discovered until he murdered Kaori by stabbing her heart.
When Eri attempting to used her "Blind Soul" on Kaori's corpse, Hajime arrived and disabled her spell caused Hiyama to be angry. When began to fight, Hajime kicked Hiyama straight to the wall damaging his internal organs and breaking his bones.
He attacked Hajime with a fireball (but has no effect on him at all) and was later beaten by Hajime and kicked Hiyama out of the courtyard with a group of demonic beasts, where he died and abandoned by Hajime and the others to his miserable death after he was half-eaten alive by the demon army's monsters.
Later, after the war in Heiligh Kingdom, what's left of Hiyama's dissected corpse was discovered and later buried unceremoniously to an unmarked grave. Hajime enlightened his old classmates that Hiyama was the one who caused him to fall intentionally, not accidentally which caused the "Hero Party" to retain their bitter memories of their hatred toward Hiyama as a creep while back at school and a selfish, deluded traitor as they have no actual sympathies for him the traitorous idiot. While Hiyama's so-called 'friends', Yoshiki and Shinji forgave themselves to Hajime and swore to never cross him or harming his comrades that includes Kaori only for the latter accepting them as the annoying stooges. Even when returning to Japan, his classmate won't forget of Hiyama's betrayal and won't respects for him after branded him as a traitor.
In After Story roughly 6-7 years after Hajime killed Hiyama, Hiyama's family attempted their revenge on Hajime but suffered a complete breakdown when hearing of Hiyama's betrayal while on Tortus.
- Ehit (deceased): Though not meet face to face, Ehit is amused of Daisuke. Daisuke works for the god along with Eri to kill all of his classmates and reanimated them as their undead slaves. However, Ehit shown disappointed of Hiyama's death by Hajime.
- Hajime Nagumo - Daisuke's former bully victim from the past, but now his direct murderer. Daisuke hated the fact that Kaori was interested in Hajime and not him so he decided to make Hajime's life as miserable as possible. This would later escalate to physical violence after they were transferred to Tortus and Daisuke obtained a strong combat job compared to Hajime's non-combat job. It would escalate to attempted murder after he saw Kaori coming out of Hajime's room one night. Later, after finding out Hajime had survived the fall into the abyss, he begins to feel scared and intimidated that his plan will be exposed and witnessing Hajime's monstrous strength. After Hajime murdered Cattleya, Hiyama is terrified of Hajime of his demonic powers and ruthlessness. When witnessing Hajime tell Kouki of he will kill him even if they were classmates, Hiyama shown in greater fears. When Kaori chose to travel with Hajime, Hiyama's fears has became even worse when witnessed Hajime easily defeated Kouki in an unarmed duel of Kouki's failed attempt to take Hajime's party (harem). When Hajime and his party prepare to leave for their journey, he became desperate along with his gang pleaded Hajime to join the Hero party (just so he would be closer to Kaori) while feigning an apology for the treatment they gave him in the past but in response Hajime gave him some hints that he knows what happened, subtly warning Daisuke to stay out of his way if Daisuke wished to stay alive. Later on, after he killed Kaori and Eri's attempted "Bind Soul" failed, because of Hajime's arrival, Daisuke becomes mad and attacks Hajime with a fireball (but has no effect on him) while badmouthing Hajime for Daisuke's own failure to make Kaori his girlfriend, but that only enraged Hajime even more as he brutally thrashed Daisuke as he breaks almost all of Hiyama's bones and damaged his internal organs. While Hajime gripped the severely wounded Hiyama at his neck, Hiyama blamed Hajime for gotten Kaori's attractions but Hajime responded as he told Hiyama to stop blaming others when they gotten affections from beautiful girls even if they're idols. Hajime has sadistically tormented Hiyama as the latter considered his level to be a stoop while back at school and on Tortus due to his lack of responsibilities and always sits around insulting people as Hajime called him a weak selfish loser which is the main reason Kaori will never fall in love with Hiyama and will never become his girlfriend for the rest of his worthless life as Hiyama brought nothing but his failures and his own downfall. When Daisuke was persistently bragged how he will kill Hajime and make Kaori his girlfriend one day, Hajime had quite enough of Hiyama's persistence and insolence as he put out of Hiyama's misery making his death more painful and despair after kicked him out of the courtyard into a group of monsters where he was left to be eaten alive and Hajime watch pitilessly as Daisuke was screaming in terror and agony but he then walked away and abandoned Hiyama to his death to confront Eri of her betrayals after Hajime got revenge of Daisuke for only killing Kaori, not for caused Hajime fell to the bottom abyss.
- Kaori Shirasaki - Daisuke was obessed Kaori to the point where he would do anything jut to obtain her as his girlfriend but failed due to not only Hajime's survival, but his monstrous strength as well. He was even willing kill her so that Eri could turn her body into an undead puppet who would listen to his every command but failed due to Hajime's arrival. Hajime killed Hiyama to only avenge Kaori. After Daisuke's death and Kaori's revival, Hajime revealed to her of Daisuke's betrayal and had killed him.
- Reichi Kondou (deceased), Yoshiki Saitou & Shinji Nakano - his three former friends and partners in crime. Alongside them, he would bully Hajime as much as possible mostly because they liked Kaori as well from the past. But now they are terrified of Hajime after he murdered Cattleya not only his monstrous strength and ruthless but lost Kaori in process due to her love for Hajime alone. However, in truth, Hiyama doesn't care of his "friends" as they are nothing but merely tools in order to claim Kaori for himself and betrayed them when he let Eri killed Kondou. After Hajime killed both Kondou and Daisuke, two of Daisuke's so-called "friends" Nakano and Saitou were terrified to cross Hajime and not wanted to met the same fate as Daisuke when they apologized to Hajime and will never get in his way or harming his comrades (harem) including Kaori.
- Eri Nakamura (deceased) - one of his fellow classmates and his fellow traitor. After she discovers that Hiyama was the one who discovered that he (almost) killed Hajime which turn him into a monster as she uses this knowledge to blackmail him into working with her but failed due to Hajime. For Eri revealed Hiyama was just a pawn to her but her not ally. While being so weak against Hajime, Eri has turned her back on Hiyama and betrayed him when trying to convince Hajime to make Kaori as his slave. After Hiyama was beaten up and left to die by Hajime, Eri doesn't even bothering of letting Hiyama to die due to him no longer in some uses to her future plans.
- Other Classmates - most of the other classmates ignore Daisuke bullying Hajime. But in truth, Everyone hates him and his gang deeply for their selfishness lust for Kaori and bully many people including Hajime. After Hajime's alleged death, they show their more animosity towards him since it was his actions that transported them to the labyrinth floor where it took place. Though when Hiyama put up a false act of remorse in front of Kouki and Kaori, they readily forgave him due to Kouki's misguided justice and Kaori's immense, kindness as well as their overwhelming popularity with their classmates, with the exception of Shizuku, who had some doubts about Hiyama's deception and manipulation, though she chose to put aside it for the sake of looking out for her closest friends. After his betrayal was revealed, as well his desire to turn Kaori their beloved class idol into his undead slave, it left an immense and permanent negative impact on all of his classmates, particularly Kaori's closest friends, Shizuku, Suzu, Ryuutaro, and most of all Kouki, who had place misguided trust in Hiyama. When Kouki furiously accused and blamed Hajime for not warning them of Ehit's schemes earlier in the Orcus Dungeon that had allowed Eri and Hiyama to betrayed them, Hajime coldly stated it is their careless optimism and delusional idealism at fault that they had nearly died and reminded them it is precisely their ridiculously naive expectations that fellow classmates must always help and protect each other is what had allowed even an idiot like Hiyama to manipulate and backstabbed them without even realizing it until it's too late for that, a fact that all of them could not deny due to them not helping Hajime from getting bullied from the past in the first place. Having personally witnessed Hiyama's horrific fate of being brutalized by Hajime before being thrown to be eaten alive by monsters served as a proven example from Hajime's previous warning and also a strong reminder of the terrifying extends of Hajime's savage brutality as they are terror stricken of being subjected to the same fate as Hiyama if they dared to cross Hajime or harming his comrades (harem) including Kaori, even Kouki despite his dedication to justice and disgust of Hajime's cold and pragmatic disregard for morality did not have the courage to completely go against Hajime due to his immense power and ruthlessness. After Hajime enlightened of Hiyama's responsible of his "fall" when it wasn't an accident, they still held bitter memories of how they hated Daisuke for what he have done as they considered him as a creep while back in school and branded him as a selfish and despicable traitor on Tortus for his betrayal. In the funeral ceremony, nobody holds actual sympathies him after had branded him as a traitor even in his death. Even when returning to Japan, they still won't forget their bitter memories as they will never respect or sympathized Hiyama and always will remember him as a traitor.
- Monsters: Hiyama was killed and devoured victim of the monsters. After Hiyama was easily defeated and kicked into courtyard by Hajime, Hiyama was terrified and unable to move or fight back against the approaching monsters due to the severed injuries he received from Hajime. When the monsters arrived and devouring the injured and helpless Hiyama, he screamed in agony and terror when the monsters continually tearing him apart as well being abandoned by Hajime when he simply walking away of watching pitilessly in Hiyama's miserable death.
Weapons & Equipment
- Longsword - His main weapon since being summoned to Tortus. It was broken during his fight with Hajime when the kingdom was invaded by demons.
Powers & Abilities
- Enhanced Physical Abilities - Being one of the summoned heroes, Daisuke was blessed with superhuman physical abilities than an average human in Tortus. However, before his death and after Hajime's mutations, Hiyama was considered to be the weakest of all of his classmates and his abilities are far more inferior to Hajime's monstrous and inhuman strength after the latter devoured many powerful monsters when he didn't even touch or hurts Hajime.
- Enchanced Stamina - Though Daisuke lack of durability, he has enough endurance to barely speak and glaring at Hajime after coughing out blood when he got brutally injured as when he had almost all of his bones broken and his internal organs taken major damage by Hajime.
- Expert Swordsman - Daisuke was shown to be skilled and proficient in using sword due to his job as Light Warrior. Combined with his enhanced physical abilities, Hiyama was able to secretly and easily kill all the knights and soldiers of the Heligh Kingdom, including the Vice-Commander Jose Rancaid who is a great master swordsman and the second strongest knight after Meld in order for Eri to reanimate them into their undead puppets. Eri herself once had enough confidence in Hiyama's abilities (before she betrayed him) to subdue a badly injured and weakened Kouki should he ever break free and retaliate during her death trap. However, he lacks technique and real combat experience as when he fought the monstrous Hajime as he is too weak against Hajime.
- Sword Art - A skill that increase efficiency in using a sword.
- Wind Magic Affinity - It allows the user to use wind magic at a capable rate.
- Language Comprehension - A base skill granted to all those who got summoned. It gives the user the ability to understand any language and be proficient in it.
- Fireball - One of the most basic Fire Spells. However, his fireball is too weak against a very powerful individuals as the fire is not powerful enough to even hurt them such as Hajime who gained power by devouring many powerful monsters.
- (To Hajime Nagumo his last words) "I’ll kill you! No matter what ish takesh, I swear I'll kill you!"
- Daisuke was the third (formerly fourth) member of his class to be killed, but the only one to be killed by either the demons or their monsters (Hajime knocked him towards a group of approaching monsters).
- Hiyama’s family try to get revenge on Hajime but got their hearts broken by Hiyama for his betrayal and discrimination.
- Hiyama is similar to Malty S. Melromarc of The Rising of the Shield Hero, both Raynare and Diodora Astaroth from High School DxD and Kurt von Ritzburg from Kenja no Mago.