She was an Atavist who used to work under the Holy Church, but after learning about the true nature of its god Ehit, she abandoned her work and help founded the "Liberators". She infiltrated the "Reisen" family as a maid, and became the reason behind Miledi Reisen's change and eventually becoming a Liberator.
Belta is a beautiful young woman with long red hair and jade-green eyes.
As a child, Belta was an emotionless, expressionless, and taciturn girl. She was a firm believer of the Holy Church and would carry out her duties without reservation. Belta's faith in the church, however, disappeared after learning of Ehit's true nature before her first death. She is then devoted to creating a world that is free from thee gods. She also develops a much more carefree personality while in private and tends to tease those that she is close too. This would later serve as the basis for Miledi Reisen personality change after she acts out so much while in her presence.
Belta was born into the "Lievre" family, who were Archbishops for the "Holy Church" for many generations. Because she herself was a 'Atavist', she eventually reached the position of "Divine Priestess", which was the highest ranked position in the Church (aside from the pope) and who directly received revelation from Ehit.
She followed her appointed duty as she was told to do. She saw how tons of people who could change their own fate and achieve happiness, were deprived from their future which got distorted because of the doctrines of the Church. Even after looking at all the unhappiness around her, Belta still believed in Ehit's will. All that changed on day, however, when she accidentally ended up seeing the fate of a person in the church's robes because of her unique magic.
Rather, it was she couldn't see that person's future. All she could see was darkness, as if that person wasn't a human at all. This terrified her too much and she prayed in fear of it. At that moment, she received a revelation from Ehit, who said that she had seen too much. Hearing this confused her, but the next moment, when she returned to her senses, she found a shortsword sticking out of her chest. As she was losing her consciousnesses because of the bleeding, she asked Ehit, "Why?". Ehit replied to her saying that he is free to do what he wants with his toys; at this point she lost consciousnesses.
Miraculously, Belta was still alive and covered in a rag behind a dark ally. She didn't know how she was saved from being dead, nor the identity of who saved her. The only thing she remembered was hearing the kind voice of a man telling her to run away. From that day onward, she lived as an orphan, having lost her unique magic and most of her regular magic skills. She slowly started gathering comrades to fight against the unfair world and Ehit. This laid foundation for the "Liberators".
Some time later, she infiltrated the "Reisen" family as a maid using the alias "Belle", in order to rescue her comrades and other prisoners that were condemned to be executed by them. She came in contact with Miledi Reisen during her mission and was assigned to properly educate her. While they two were together in private, Belta acted much more kind and playful around Miledi, and slowly started to change the young heiress. This eventually lead to her capture by the head of the Reisen family Colt Reisen, and who eventually threw her into the Reisen Gorge for her execution. Miledi would then dive in the gorge to rescue her, but was too late to rescue her, as the monsters had already started feasting on her. Miledi killed the monsters around and tried to heal her, but to no avail. Before her death, Belta asked Miledi to work together with others and also be a person who was free to do whatever they wished to, without being tied down, or being used as toys by others.
- Miledi Reisen - Belta considers Miledi as her little sister, and also helps Miledi open up and be free from her binds. Before her execution, she informs Miledi of her life story, and also informs her about the true nature of Ehit.
Powers & Abilities Edit
- Mana Manipulation - being an Atavist, she can manipulate mana directly without the need of any magic circle or spell.
- Divination Magic - a unique magic, which allows the user to view the possible paths of a person's future which they can go down to. After her resurrection by unknown means, she loses this magic.
- (To Miledi Reisen): "“Every day, I saw tons of people who wanted to change their fate. There should have been ways for all of them to achieve happiness, but their fates had been distorted by the values, the doctrines, and the principles of the Holy Church. Whether it ended up good or bad for us, everything bent to His will."
- (Her last words to Miledi Reisen): “I pray... the time comes... that humans can live... freely. I pray for a world where you can... smile...”
- Belta is currently the only one of the Liberators, aside from the creators of the Great Labyrinths, to have been directly referenced in the Web Novel (during the After Story).
- Belta has never any romantic relationships.