|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
An "Artifact" (アーティファクト, Ātifakuto?) is a magical tool with a powerful effects applied to it. The effects can range from simple power-boost or increased sturdiness of an object, to the ability to cast even some of the most complex and powerful spells in existence. They are also extremely versatile tools, which could even have the effect any kind of Magic or Spell applied on them. Because of all this unique and powerful abilities, any Artifact of any kind is practically considered a national treasure.
The actual origin of "Artifact" and "Creation Magic" is unknown, but they are hinted to have originated in another world, which got destroyed because of over-technological advancement. And this knowledge was brought to Tortus by Ehit and his surviving comrades, who were residents of that other world, and had managed to escaped from their dying world.
As per the legends in Tortus, Artifact's were created by the God's and people who belonged to their bloodline. The knowledge of "Creation Magic" is extremely hard to achieve or is rarely passed through the bloodline, much like the other forms of the "Ancient Magic". So, production of Artifact is extremely rare, and they are hard to be reproduced by modern means, without the aid of "Creation Magic".
In order to create a Artifact, one needs to be able to use "Creation Magic", one of the "Ancient Magic" belonging to the "Age of God". This branch of Ancient Magic gives the ability to 'interfere with any inorganic material', allowing one to change the shape and structure of any non-organic material as they want to, and also apply various affects on them, or enchant them with various forms of Spells. People with the "Job" class of "Synergist" have the highest affinity with "Creation Magic", thus have the best ability at creating an Artifact.
List of Artifact Edit
Unknown Origin Edit
- Status Plate (ステータス・プレート, Sutētasu Purēto?):
It is an Artifact of unknown origin. Its main function is to take various parameters and quantifies them. It also lists out all the Skills that the owner can use. The Status Plate also doubles up as a Identification Cards, because of its unique feature of changing its colour depending on the Mana Colour of the owner, thus its difficult to fake them, or use someone else's. There is also a skill function, which allows the user to hide their stats and skills, for privacy purpose.
In order to register to an "Status Plate", they have to get a new one, and apply their blood to the magic circle at the back. The plate would then change its colour depending on the Mana Colour of the user. In order to see the information, one has to say "Open Status" in order to activate it. Its possible to keep the plate in either activated or semi-activated mode.
This Artifact is the only one which sees widespread usage, because the unnamed Artifact which can produce them still exists and works.
- Ehit's Eye (
神の 眼, 「Kami no Me」?, Literally meaning "God's Eye"):
An Artifact of unknown origin. It was discovered in the 65th floor of the mines underneath the city of Velnika (during the "Zero" timeline), and its actual name isn't known.
This artifact has the ability to hold the memories and skills of ancient masters and then transfer them to a new host. Because of its unique property, it is possible to transfer powerful skills and abilities from an ancient master, to any people, effectively making the one who receives the memories, masters themselves.
But as the amount of information transferred is too high for the host to handle them easily, it can cause the one on whom its used to go berserk and mindless. Also, in-order to effectively execute and use the knowledge of the ancient master, the hosts has to push their bodies past their limits, since they lack the original strength of the ancient master. This results in the user baring a big burden on their body which effectively destroys them. Even with the forcibly increased healing abilities which helps heal and regenerate the user over and over. But as there is a physical limit to a persons body, the host don't last too long and it eventually leaves them dead and broken.
- Holy Sword (
聖なる 剣, Seinaru Ken?):
An artifact of unknown origin. It is a legendary weapon that belonged to Heiligh Kingdom and was used by various people in the past. It is blessed with the Light Magic element, which gave it the properties of simultaneously weakening enemies that were hit by the light it emitted, while also increasing one's own physical strength, along with the ability to return to its users hand on-command.
For some unknown reason, it also possess the ability to automatically return to its owner without their consent, when they move away from it for a certain distance or try to abandon it. The criteria for this conditions activation is still not clear.
Created by "Oscar Orcus" Edit
A member of the Liberators and the most powerful user of Creation Magic, a legendary genius master Synergist, Oscar has created numerous powerful magical artifacts, the most prominent being the Seven Great Labyrinths.
- Hidden Treasure
Created by "Hajime Nagumo" Edit
Tortus's greatest Synergist centuries after Oscar's death, Artifacts created by Hajime are mostly techomagical in nature due to the application of scientific knowledge involved in their creation.
- Donner and Schlag: Hajime's first masterpiece, a pair of technomagical revolvers Hajime crafted using Age of God Creation Magic, a significantly improved version of the prototype Donner revolver. It is enchanted with the Twin Tailed Wolves special Magic, Lightning Clad, granting it immense firepower that can easily destroyed anything, including the most powerful monsters. As Hajime acknowledged in Volume 3, it can change the very nature of warfare in Tortus, if mass-produced.
- Schlagen: Hajime's second masterpiece, a technomagical rifle also enchanted with Lightning Clad Magic, having twenty times greater firepower than Donner and Schlag combined.
- Metzeli: Hajime's third masterpiece, a technomagical gatling gun, able to rapid fire 12000 bullets per minute.
- Orkan: Hajime's fourth masterpiece, a technomagical rocket launcher, loaded with missles made of ore enchanted with Lightning Clad Magic, the static electricity filled missles explode on impact, creating massive explosions.
- Drucken: Hajime's fifth masterpiece, a technomagical war hammer specially made for Shea Haulia, later enchanted with the Mana Burst special magic. It has immense power, able to decimate entire army of monsters and demons.
- Grasp Gloria
- Black Blade: Hajime's sixth masterpiece, a Kissaki Moroha Zukuri style double-edged Katana made out of compressed Azantium, Tortus's hardest ore. It has supreme strength and precision of craftsmanship far surpassed Heligh Kingdom's Holy Sword with immense sharpness that can cut through anything. Originally, it is enchanted with only the Claw Bear Special Magic Gale Claw. Hajime later with his evolution magic enhanced Creation Magic, further enchanted it with several Age of God Magics,making it a multi-purpose Artifact.