|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
She is a high school social studies teacher, who along with her students from Japan, was involved in the summoning incident and ended up in Tortus.
Aiko is a petite woman often described as having a childlike figure by her students. She has dark brown hair and eyes (green eyes in the anime).
Aiko is a very responsible teacher and cares a lot for her students. She often misunderstands the feelings of people who fell in love with her as being friendly. Even as a child, she was always focused on obeying the rules and reprimanded anyone that broke them. She never compromises on her ideals; even when they contradict with her feelings.
Aiko has always had a strong moral nature and can be very stubborn. She carries the belief that a teacher should always protect their student above all and be there for them. This caused her to be too idealist for her own sake, even to the point where she contradict herself. Such as not wanting to get her students involved in anything dangerous or to solve their problems through violence yet convinced Hajime to protect the town of Ur because he was strong enough to do so, something she knew was a contradiction. Furthermore, she kept trying to reason with Yukitoshi and even wanted to save his life after he tried to kill her, her students and the town of Ur, simply because she was his teacher. Hajime felt she need to be more realist despite respecting Aikos' moral code. He even went as far as to kill Yukitoshi himself so Aiko wouldn't break down from needlessly blaming herself for his death.
After recognizing how most of her ideals were already dead, Aiko started resolving herself to better protect her student instead of being the one being protected. This is displayed when she chose to fight against the Holy Church alongside Tio to keep Ishtar and the bishops from killing Hajime. While she admit she didn't regret her actions, her strong morals still caused her a lot of pain because she had become a murderer. She also stop trying to force her ideals on her students, now taking the time to consider their reasons for their actions instead of expecting them to go along with her wishes and getting upset when they don't. She didn't believe she had the right to blame Hajime for killing Daisuke because she knew he was furious after seeing he had killed Kaori, someone precious to him.
Aiko has always been terrible at keeping secrets. This is because she tends to openly express her feelings without meaning to, making it easy for those that know her to guess what's bothering her. This allowed her family and childhood friend to figure out her lover was one of her students.
Aiko is surprisingly very charismatic, something that has proven useful for her in Tortus, leading to her becoming worshiped as a goddess by the people. This is the result of her hard working nature, strong moral character and her cute appearance. Most of her students respect her immensely and have shown a strong desire to protect. Even after his transformation, Hajime still had respect for Aiko and was willing to trust her with the truth about Ehit and let her decide what she's was going to do with it. All the knights from the Holy Church who were originally suppose to seduce her Aiko end up falling for her instead and became more loyal to Aiko than the church.
After becoming Hajime's wife, Aiko has picked up some of his violent traits, such as being brutal against anyone that would threaten her family.
Weapons & Equipment
- Grim Reapers - During an attack by mind-controlled cultists on her family, Aiko utilized several Grim Reaper golems that were stored in spheres found in Hajime's house.
- Gate Key - A key imbued with spatial magic that opens a portal between Aiko's and Hajime's houses.
Powers & Abilities
- Keen Intellect - Aiko's intelligence is high enough to be a high school teacher. While having little battle experience and having a non-combat job, Aiko can be creative with how to uses her skills. By using her Fermentation skills to produce flammable gases, she was able to increase the power of Tio's fire breath, allowing them to bypass the barrier around the Holy Church's temple and blow it up, even Tio is deeply impressed how Aiko managed to weaponize her fertility magic for battle.
- Immense Mana - Aiko has higher mana levels compared to most people on Tortus and close to that of Kouki.
- Magic Master - Aiko have one of the highest magic aptitude among Ehit's summoned heroes, having outstanding affinity in Fertility Magic due to her non-combat job of Farmer, Aiko mainly uses her Fertility Magic to significantly improve the soil fertility of large farm lands for producing food, and was even capable of restoring a barren wasteland that was badly damaged by the aftermath of Hajime's battle against Shimizu's monster army within a short period of time, Aiko's mastery of Fertility Magic became so great she is worshipped as the Fertility Goddess by the people of Tortus. Aiko could even fertilize the entire area of the Divine Mountain surrounding the Holy Church on a wide range producing immense amount of flammable gases that can immensely enhanced the destructive power of Tio's flame breath, generating a massively powerful explosion that not only completely destroyed the barrier but also the Holy Church's Temple and even shook the entire Divine Mountain itself, Hajime even compared the effects to an atomic bomb explosion. After clearing the Divine Mountain Labyrinth alongside Hajime and Tio, Aiko is bestowed with Age of God's Spirit Magic which she can also wield with great skill, even combining it with her own Fertility Magic to create her own unique Composite Magic.
- Soil Management
- Soil Restoration
- Automatic Restoration
- Large-scale Cultivation
- Improved Scale
- Contamination Conversion
- Enhanced Fertilization
- Selective Breeding
- Plant Appraisal
- Fertilizer Production
- Mixed Breeding
- Auto Harvesting
- Fermentation Proficiency
- Fermentation Acceleration
- Large-scale Fermentation
- Remote Fermentation
- Wide-area Temperature Control
- Temperature Optimization
- Weather Barrier
- Farming Barrier
- Fertile Rain
- Spirit Magic - One of the "Ancient Magics" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to manipulate the soul of a living being directly. It's possible to revive a living being back from the dead (time restriction applicable), or transfer the soul of a living being from one body to another, or even into a non-physical body as well, practically granting any living being immortality. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the negative material possessed by living thing'. To be more specific, this magic could also interfere with things like energy inside the body that was magic power, heat, electricity, then thought, consciousness, memory. Those who have mastery over this magic can even create an artificial consciousness, and allow it to inhabit any body they wish.
- Language Comprehension - A base skill granted to all those who got summoned. It gives the user the ability to understand any language and be proficient in it.
- Pseudo Soul War Tree - A spell that combines Aiko's affinity for plants with spirit magic. It allows her to transform trees and control them as weapons. "Healthily, comfortably, intensely grow, and strike the enemy."
- Sea of Trees Manifestation - Aiko's strongest defensive spell that lets her summon a wall of trees around herself. "Vigorously, comfortably, increase a lot, fill with greenery."
|Level||Strength||Vitality||Defense||Agility||Magic||Magic Defense||"as per"|
|1||5||10||10||5||100||10||LN - Volume 01|
|56||190||380||190||310||820||280||LN - Volume 06|
- The base stats given above aren't Aiko's current stats, as the last time the author provided stats for her in the Web Novel was during the 'Demon Invasion' on "Heiligh Kingdom".
- (To Hajime Nagumo): "Nagumo-kun, I understand that you have your own principles, and that you’ve already decided your path for the future. I won’t try to change that, but I also think that no matter which future you choose, it’s... too lonely to only live by ignoring everyone aside from those you care about. If you keep going like this, neither you nor the people you cherish will find happiness. If you want to find happiness... you can’t lose sight of your kindness or empathy. You have to think of other people, even if it’s only a little. Those are valuable qualities you possessed from the start... Please don’t throw them away."
- The name Aiko means "love" or "affection" 愛 (ai) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Aiko managed to obtain spirit magic from the labyrinth at the Divine Mountain despite not having met one of the labyrinths conditions for clearing it in which a person must have already completed two labyrinths. The reason is likely because she was with Hajime and Tio at the time.
- Aiko has many similarities with Tamae Okamine from Date A Live.