|WARNING! This article contains information from the web novel.|
Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled.
She is a high school social studies teacher, who along with her students from Japan, was involved in the summoning incident and ended up in Tortus.
Aiko is a petite woman often described as having a childlike figure by her students. She has dark brown hair and eyes (green eyes in the anime).
Aiko is a very responsible teacher and cares a lot for her students. She often misunderstands the peoples feelings of affection for her as being friendly. Even as a child, she was always focused on obeying the rules and reprimanded anyone that broke them. She had a strong moral nature, can be very stubborn and carries the belief that as a teacher she should always protect her student above all and be there for them. This caused her to be too idealistic, to the point where she often contradict herself. Such as not wanting to get her students to be involved in anything dangerous or to solve their problems through violence yet convinced one of her students to protect the town of Ur from the invasion, something she knew as a contradiction of her own beliefs. Furthermore, she kept trying to reason with Yukitoshi and even wanted to save his life after he tried to kill her.
After recognizing how most of her ideals were already dead, Aiko resolved herself to better protect her student instead of being the one being protected. This is displayed when she chose to fight against the Holy Church alongside Tio. And while she admit she didn't regret her actions, her strong morals still caused her a lot of pain because she had become a murderer. She also stop trying to force her ideals on to others and now taking the time to consider the reasons for their actions instead of expecting them to go along with her wishes.
Aiko is also very charismatic, leading her to be worshiped as a deity in Tortus. This was the result of her hard working nature, strong moral character and her cute appearance. She has always been terrible at keeping secrets and tends to openly express her feelings making it easy for those who know her to guess what's bothering her. This allowed her family and childhood friend to figure out her lover was one of her students.
After becoming one of Hajime's wives, Aiko picked up some of his violent traits, such as being brutal against anyone that would threaten her family. Although she still fundamentally opposes using violence, she has resolved herself to take aggressive action in order to protect those that she cares for.
Weapons & Equipment
- Grim Reapers - During an attack by mind-controlled cultists on her family, Aiko utilized several Grim Reaper golems that were stored in spheres found in Hajime's house.
- Gate Key - A key imbued with spatial magic that opens a portal between Aiko's and Hajime's houses.
- Protection Wand - A 30 cm long rod made from a combination of wood from Earth's King Tree, and various ores. It could connect with the dark Divine Spirit Laila, and grant its wielder access to her power. It also has the power vastly increase Aiko’s farming Skills, and her Spirit Magic.
Powers & Abilities
- Keen Intellect - Aiko's intelligence is high enough to be a high school teacher. While having little battle experience and having a non-combat job, Aiko can be creative with how to uses her skills. By using her Fermentation skills to produce flammable gases, she was able to increase the power of Tio's fire breath, allowing them to bypass the barrier around the Holy Church's temple and blow it up, even Tio is deeply impressed how Aiko managed to weaponize her fertility magic for battle. Her genius has manage to cause Ehit's human worshipers to turn against him to leave Torus as a godless world. Aiko possess good memory and attention to detail, often impressing Hajime when she remembers exactly what he said and realize the meaning behind them.
- Immense Mana - Aiko has higher mana levels compared to most people on Tortus and close to that of Kouki.
- Magic Master - Aiko have one of the highest magic aptitude among Ehit's summoned heroes, having outstanding affinity in Fertility Magic due to her non-combat job of Farmer, Aiko mainly uses her Fertility Magic to significantly improve the soil fertility of large farm lands for producing food, and was even capable of restoring a barren wasteland that was badly damaged by the aftermath of Hajime's battle against Shimizu's monster army within a short period of time, Aiko's mastery of Fertility Magic became so great she is worshipped as the Fertility Goddess by the people of Tortus. Aiko could even fertilize the entire area of the Divine Mountain surrounding the Holy Church on a wide range producing immense amount of flammable gases that can immensely enhanced the destructive power of Tio's flame breath, generating a massively powerful explosion that not only completely destroyed the barrier but also the Holy Church's Temple and even shook the entire Divine Mountain itself, Hajime even compared the effects to an atomic bomb explosion. After clearing the Divine Mountain Labyrinth alongside Hajime and Tio, Aiko is bestowed with Age of God's Spirit Magic which she can also wield with great skill, even combining it with her own Fertility Magic to create her own unique Composite Magic.
- Soil Management
- Soil Restoration
- Automatic Restoration
- Large-scale Cultivation
- Improved Scale
- Contamination Conversion
- Enhanced Fertilization
- Selective Breeding
- Plant Appraisal
- Fertilizer Production
- Mixed Breeding
- Auto Harvesting
- Fermentation Proficiency
- Fermentation Acceleration
- Large-scale Fermentation
- Remote Fermentation
- Wide-area Temperature Control
- Temperature Optimization
- Weather Barrier
- Farming Barrier
- Fertile Rain
- Spirit Magic - One of the "Ancient Magics" originating from the "Age of God", which allows the user to manipulate the soul of a living being directly. It's possible to revive a living being back from the dead (time restriction applicable), or transfer the soul of a living being from one body to another, or even into a non-physical body as well, practically granting any living being immortality. The true power of this magic is the ability to 'interfere with the negative material possessed by living thing'. To be more specific, this magic could also interfere with things like energy inside the body that was mana, heat, electricity, then thought, consciousness, memory. Those who have mastery over this magic can even create an artificial consciousness, and allow it to inhabit any body they wish.
- Language Comprehension - A base skill granted to all those who got summoned. It gives the user the ability to understand any language and be proficient in it.
- Soul Shock - A spell that bypasses all defense and strikes the soul directly.
- Soul’s Repose - A spell that soothes the spirits of those it touches, granting them relief. "Bring light to the souls who have lost their spark! End this nightmare with your radiance— Soul’s Repose"
- Pseudo Soul War Tree - A spell that combines Aiko's affinity for plants with Spirit Magic. It allows her to transform trees and control them as weapons. "Healthily, comfortably, intensely grow, and strike the enemy."
- Sea of Trees Manifestation - Aiko's strongest defensive spell that lets her summon a wall of trees around herself. "Vigorously, comfortably, increase a lot, fill with greenery."
|Level||Strength||Vitality||Defense||Agility||Magic||Magic Defense||"as per"|
|1||5||10||10||5||100||10||LN - Volume 01|
|56||190||380||190||310||820||280||LN - Volume 06|
- The base stats given above aren't Aiko's current stats, as the last time the author provided stats for her in the Web Novel was during the 'Demon Invasion' on "Heiligh Kingdom".
- (To Hajime Nagumo): "Nagumo-kun, I understand that you have your own principles, and that you’ve already decided your path for the future. I won’t try to change that, but I also think that no matter which future you choose, it’s... too lonely to only live by ignoring everyone aside from those you care about. If you keep going like this, neither you nor the people you cherish will find happiness. If you want to find happiness... you can’t lose sight of your kindness or empathy. You have to think of other people, even if it’s only a little. Those are valuable qualities you possessed from the start... Please don’t throw them away."
- The name Aiko means "love, affection" 愛 (ai) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Aiko's surname Hatayama means "field" (畑) (hata) and "mountain, hill" (山) (yama).
- Aiko managed to obtain Spirit Magic from the ;abyrinth at the Divine Mountain despite not having met one of the labyrinths conditions in which a person must have already completed two labyrinths. The reason is likely because she was with Hajime and Tio at the time.
- Aiko has many similarities with Tamae Okamine from Date A Live.
- Aiko's "Protection Wand" Artifact is very similar to the wand wielded by the Liberator Lyutillis Haltina. They are both even spelled using the same kanji (守護杖, Shugo Tsue).
|Aiko Hatayama • Hajime Nagumo • Kaori Shirasaki • Shizuku Yaegashi • Kouki Amanogawa • Ryutarou Sakagami • Suzu Taniguchi • Kousuke Endou • Yuka Sonobe • Mao Yoshino • Nana Miyazaki • Taeko Sugawara • Ayako Tsuji • Atsushi Tamai • Akito Nimura • Noboru Aikawa • Jugo Nagayama • Kentarou Nomura • Shinji Nakano • Yoshiki Saitou|
|Yue • Shea Haulia • Tio Klarus • Remia • Myu • Liliana S. B. Heiligh|