Agares is a handsome young man with swept back blond hair. He is mostly seen smiling and maintains a calm presence.
Agares is a devout follower of the Holy Church and believes that all humans should offer their lives for the service of their god Ehit. He considers anything and everything else secondary, and even contradictory when placed at a greater importance than worshipping Ehit.
Agares worked as an inquisitor for the Holy Church, until he usurped the position of bishop from his predecessor by proclaiming that his faith was not strong enough.
When rumors spread throughout the Sharod Alliance about the "Guardian of the Desert", Agares and his templar knights traveled to Doumibral in order to discover his identity and kill him. He demanded that all of villagers be questioned by him for any information they may have known, and threatened them with death by having his knights prepare a guillotine in front of them. When he interviewed a villager named Porukka, he discovered that he was lying when he claimed that he did not know about the guardian due to his special skill of seeing into a person's soul. Agares proclaimed that Porukka and his family would be executed for lying to him. Porukka begged for forgiveness, but Agares was more concerned about interrogating the rest of the villagers. It was then that Susha Liv Doumibral and her younger sister Yunfa spoke out against Agares by arguing that he should spare Porukka since he apologized. Agares responded by commending the two girls for their actions, but claimed that they should only be concerned with serving Ehit and that anyone that thinks otherwise should die. Agares then magically summoned a ball of fire and was prepared to kill Susha and Yunfa for their defiance, to which Susha claimed that Ehit and the church were wrong. Just as Agares launched his spell at them, they were saved by the sudden arrival of Oscar Orcus by using his umbrella Artifact to block it. Immediately afterwards, Miledi Reisen also arrived and kicked Agares away. Due to her using Gravity Magic to strengthen her attack, Agares was sent flying over several buildings until he crash landed on a wall and died instantly after he broke his neck from the impact.
Powers & Abilities Edit
Magical Abilities Edit
- Immense Mana - As a bishop of the Holy Church, it was a prerequisite of Agares to have a large quantity of mana.
- Mana Manipulation - A skill to use magic without chants and magic circles.
- Solar Blast - A high-ranking fire spell that creates a sphere of fire over eight meters wide, but can be compressed when used by a skilled enough caster.
- (To Susha & Yunfa Liv Doumibral): "You seem to be misunderstanding what morality is. It is certainly something very important. Indeed, almost as important as worshiping Ehit. However, there is nothing more important in this world than Ehit’s will. Compared to that, something as trivial as human morality means nothing. In fact, what you’re doing is not truly moral if it contradicts the word of god."
- In demonology, "Agares" is a demon from various grimoires, who is described as a duke "under the power of the east," an "old man, riding upon a crocodile, and carrying a hawk on his fist," who teaches languages, stops and retrieves runaway persons, causes earthquakes, and grants noble titles.